Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests to win things like this Logitech Harmony Ultimate Remote and you won't get the popup ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Charlie's Angels

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
36 replies to this topic

#21 of 37 Regulus

Regulus

Screenwriter

• 2,195 posts

Posted September 27 2012 - 01:19 PM

Hoping it will go down a tad in price and maybe with the holidays forthcoming, there wil be a sale or two on this set. Haven't seen this show in ages.

It will be interesting what will be on sale as the Holidays approach. My biggest bargain snatch last year was the entire I Love Lucy Box set for around 70 Bux. :D We are less than two months away from "The National Day of Insanity".

DVD Collection Inventory: TV Episodes - 33,704( 733 Series ) :biggrin: Movies - 2,379  :biggrin:  Serial Chapters - 1,102 :B)

#22 of 37 younger1968

younger1968

Screenwriter

• 2,215 posts

Posted September 27 2012 - 11:29 PM

It is funny that i did not care much for Tanya Roberts when she joined Charlie's Angels. However, I have watched about 8 episodes of S5 and would have to say Tanya Roberts adding something unique to her Angel Role. Don't get me wrong the Kate Jackson is still one of my favorites as she seem to be brain of the team. The first few episodes of S5 were neat because they were filmed in Hawaii. I think timing is neat as Hawaii Five-O had just wrapped up S12 and Magnum PI was doing S1. It would have been neat to do Magnum PI and Charlie's Angel joint case, but i realize that is not possible due to ownership issue. However, a crossover episode with Magnum PI would have been special.

#23 of 37 younger1968

younger1968

Screenwriter

• 2,215 posts

Posted September 29 2012 - 02:14 PM

I have watch all of S5 now and i was pleasantly surprised that quality was decent. Tanya Roberts character actually grows on you. I think she added and interesting approaches to cases as most of her assignment were showing her in tight outfits, shorts and/or bikinis. I notice with S5 that Jaclyn Smith was more cover up and seem to be leader of the girls. I have always been a big fan of Jaclyn Smith as she was my favourite brunnette growing up!

#24 of 37 rmw650

rmw650

Supporting Actor

• 858 posts

Posted September 30 2012 - 10:57 AM

Finally spotted the complete series set at a local Target store in the Chicago suburbs for $45.99, which comes out to about $9.20 a set, so not too bad for those still on the fence in getting this series.

#25 of 37 jcroy

jcroy

Supporting Actor

• 833 posts

Posted September 30 2012 - 11:24 AM

I recently found this complete series set for around $39 at Costco. The packaging is absolutely atrocious. All the disks are stacked up onto two spindles. I ended up taking all the disks, and putting them into dvd cases.

#26 of 37 younger1968

younger1968

Screenwriter

• 2,215 posts

Posted September 30 2012 - 02:51 PM

I recently found this complete series set for around $39 at Costco. The packaging is absolutely atrocious. All the disks are stacked up onto two spindles. I ended up taking all the disks, and putting them into dvd cases.

I agree with you about the packaging. I am still keeping my S1-S4 as i just bought the set for S5. I have good times and sanford & son and they were package the same way.

#27 of 37 jcroy

jcroy

Supporting Actor

• 833 posts

Posted September 30 2012 - 04:02 PM

I agree with you about the packaging. I am still keeping my S1-S4 as i just bought the set for S5. I have good times and sanford & son and they were package the same way.

I picked up season 1 and 2 around a year ago or so, for $15 each. So for $39 for the complete series, it's around $13 per "set" for seasons 3, 4, and 5 which I didn't own previously. (In this warped arithmetic, the seasons 1 and 2 discs are like a "zero cost bonus" to me). This may sound like a strange way of doing mental arithmetic, but I don't worry too much about double or triple dipping on something, if I can get some particular titles at a per unit cost I am fine with.

#28 of 37 rmw650

rmw650

Supporting Actor

• 858 posts

Posted October 01 2012 - 12:24 PM

Wondering if Sam's Club has this set available, since I'm not a member of Costco?

#29 of 37 handley

handley

Stunt Coordinator

• 101 posts

Posted October 03 2012 - 06:03 AM

Any idea if and/or when Season 5 will be released on its own? I bought Seasons 1-4 as they were released and I'd hate to double dip just to get 5.

#30 of 37 Brian Himes

Brian Himes

Supporting Actor

• 948 posts

Posted October 03 2012 - 07:13 AM

Any idea if and/or when Season 5 will be released on its own? I bought Seasons 1-4 as they were released and I'd hate to double dip just to get 5.

There hasn't been any announcement yet aside from the fact that it will be released in the future. If I were to venture a guess, I'd say early next year.

#31 of 37 handley

handley

Stunt Coordinator

• 101 posts

Posted October 03 2012 - 07:20 AM

There hasn't been any announcement yet aside from the fact that it will be released in the future. If I were to venture a guess, I'd say early next year.

Thanks, Brian! Charlie's Angels is one of those shows that I grew up on, although I don't remember watching much of S5 at the time.

#32 of 37 Stephen Wight

Stephen Wight

Second Unit

• 477 posts

Posted October 03 2012 - 02:14 PM

So the fans who bought the previous seasons as they came out have to wait around a year to get the final season? Why couldn't they have released season 5,seperately,on the same day they released the complete series?

#33 of 37 Brian Himes

Brian Himes

Supporting Actor

• 948 posts

Posted October 03 2012 - 03:09 PM

So the fans who bought the previous seasons as they came out have to wait around a year to get the final season? Why couldn't they have released season 5,seperately,on the same day they released the complete series?

I don't know that the wait will be around a year. I seriously doubt it. The complete series set was just released. I was simply speculating when an announcement might be forthcoming. If an announcement comes before the end of the year, for a release in the first quarter of next year, that is only a few months away. Not a year. I guess I should have kept my opinion and speculations to myself. As to why they didn't release it on the same day as the complete series set, I have no idea. Only Sony can answer that.

#34 of 37 cajunhillbilly

cajunhillbilly

Screenwriter

• 1,722 posts

Posted October 04 2012 - 12:07 AM

So Sony will be releasing season 5 seperately? Good.

#35 of 37 younger1968

younger1968

Screenwriter

• 2,215 posts

Posted October 04 2012 - 12:17 AM

So Sony will be releasing season 5 seperately? Good.

I think if you look at history when single seasons set were released after the complete series then you will probably have to wait until Mar-Apr 2013. I can not see Sony wanting to move forward with S5 until the new year as separate release. The price will also most likely be around 30-35 range. I was concern with the double dipping, but for the price it was worth it. I only paid about 15-20 for S2-S4 anyway, so it was not like i broke the bank for those sets. S5 is neat as there is shift to Hawaii for a few episodes. I was not a big fan of Tanya Roberts, but she did an adequate jobs as the new Angel. The show was better early on, like S1/s2. S4/S5 were a downgrade due to exodus of Kate Jackson. I do not think you can really have Charlie's Angels without Kate Jackson in it. I do feel sorry for Shelly Hack as her dismissal was not handle properly. S5's first episode talks about Shelly being back home in Boston and that is last time her name is mention.

#36 of 37 rmw650

rmw650

Supporting Actor

• 858 posts

Posted October 04 2012 - 09:06 AM

It was anounced and mentioned that S5 will be coming out separately next year sometime. No timeframe has been pinpointed as of this writing but expect it to come out probably first or second quarter of 2013.

#37 of 37 cajunhillbilly

cajunhillbilly

Screenwriter

• 1,722 posts

Posted October 05 2012 - 01:23 AM

It was anounced and mentioned that S5 will be coming out separately next year sometime. No timeframe has been pinpointed as of this writing but expect it to come out probably first or second quarter of 2013.

Good. After the reviews and mention of the stacking of disks on top of each other, I will wait for the seperate release.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users