What's new

The TV Dead Pool: 2009-2010 season (1 Viewer)

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
With the first week of new shows underway, this is a thread for guesses on which shows will be getting the boot. Morbid, sure, but a necessary winnowing process for the networks.

mattCR

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt
Mercy will cry Mercy very quickly. It's walking dead after one showing. And "The Forgotten" quickly will be

Dave Scarpa

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Scarpa
I'm watching The Forgotten Now, It's very average, and the subject matter with the victim voiceover is gonna wear thin every week, Christian Slater's last series was more interesi=ting if not a bit confusing... this might be gone soon.

mattCR

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt
damn, I was hoping that would be the second show in 10 years to pull a 0.0/0share rating (Kings @ NBC is the only other show to pull that feat)

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
I'm betting "Brothers" and "Dollhouse" on FOX get yanked very quickly. Their Friday night premieres were pathetic and barely outperformed the Friday CW shows (and CW was still broadcasting repeats vs. Dollhouse).

pitchman

Screenwriter
Real Name
Gary
Originally Posted by Malcolm R

I'm betting "Brothers" and "Dollhouse" on FOX get yanked very quickly. Their Friday night premieres were pathetic and barely outperformed the Friday CW shows (and CW was still broadcasting repeats vs. Dollhouse).
I think Dollhouse is a goner for sure if it doesn't do dramatically better this week than last. Brothers may get a reprieve since it repeated better last night than its first-run showing on Friday. The repeat nabbed a 1.7/5 rating/share (3.73 million viewers) in A18-49, while Friday's premiere could only muster a 1.0/4 rating/share (2.82 million viewers). Neither number is great, but the fact that the repeat did better than the first airing may be significant...or, it may just further demonstrate how big of a problem Fox has on Friday night in general.

mattCR

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt
"Accidentaly on Purpose" may describe CBS picking up this thing... this may be one of the worst shows I've seen since "Herman's Head". My god, you just feel like you are getting your teeth drilled. I'll nominate it to go quickly.

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
"Heroes" could be in trouble unless NBC sticks with it for lack of anything better to program. Only 5.8 million total viewers and fourth place in its timeslot in the 18-49 group rating this past Monday. I remember when a few years back, NBC canceled a favorite of mine, "Surface," because it drew an audience of ONLY about 10 million. Bet you'd love 10 million viewers now, right NBC?

There are also whispers about "The Forgotten" (which was even beat by the weakening Jay Leno show), and "Castle" heading for cancellation.

Lucia Duran

Screenwriter
Ruby and the Rockits got cancelled after only one season. It started off pretty bad, but soon I found that I actually enjoyed the innocent humor and stupid jokes. It is a shame that this ABC Family show got cancelled. It wasn't by any means the greatest show, but with all the shows on ABC family that are centered around sex, this one I could actually sit down and watch with my kids.

mattCR

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt
Eastwick has to be a goner. It's been a long time since I've seen the film, but the show follows the concept of the film so closely that it just seems to be dragging out 2 hours of content a hell of a long time. If you want to go the "Charmed" route, just do it. Because "Eastwick" is just a mess.

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
I don't have any data, but I'd expect the Forgotten to exit soon. I hope you're wrong about Castle, though.

pitchman

Screenwriter
Real Name
Gary
Originally Posted by mattCR

Three Rivers. How did this thing get on the air?
CBS announced today that it just renewed and ordered 13 more episodes of Flashpoint. Based on the stunningly bad performance (by CBS standards) of Three Rivers on Sunday and the ratings tailspin Cold Case has been in since CBS moved it to 10 p.m., I think Three Rivers will be gone very soon, Matt. I don't think it is coincidental that CBS made that Flashpoint announcement today...

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
Flashpoint is currently airing its third season in Canada. The episodes are partially leftovers from season 2 with new ones to follow. I wonder if those are part of the order or if it's a new round.

Mark_B

Second Unit
Real Name
Mark
Originally Posted by Greg_S_H

I don't have any data, but I'd expect the Forgotten to exit soon. I hope you're wrong about Castle, though.
WHy do you say that? Forgotton has only been shown once and that was the pilot. I didn't think it was bad. Just another procedural from Jerry Bruckheimer. It's sort of a cross between Cold Case and Without a Trace. I sure hope it stays for a while.

pitchman

Screenwriter
Real Name
Gary
Originally Posted by Greg_S_H ">[/url]

Flashpoint is currently airing its third season in Canada. The episodes are partially leftovers from season 2 with new ones to follow. I wonder if those are part of the order or if it's a new round.[/QUOTE]It's hard to tell from the

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
Originally Posted by Mark_B
WHy do you say that? Forgotton has only been shown once and that was the pilot. I didn't think it was bad. Just another procedural from Jerry Bruckheimer. It's sort of a cross between Cold Case and Without a Trace. I sure hope it stays for a while.
It has aired twice with a third to follow tonight. I'm watching it as well, but it's pretty bland and probably too kind-hearted for prime time (I think it's good that it's kind-hearted). It would have fit in better with Flashpoint on CBS.

I have no concrete reason for saying it, at any rate. If this place is any guide, nobody talked about the second episode and nobody was too enthusiastic about the first. It just "feels" like a show that won't make it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks