Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

The TV Dead Pool: 2009-2010 season

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
37 replies to this topic

#1 of 38 OFFLINE   Patrick Sun

Patrick Sun

Studio Mogul

• 37,896 posts

Posted September 24 2009 - 10:52 AM

With the first week of new shows underway, this is a thread for guesses on which shows will be getting the boot.  Morbid, sure, but a necessary winnowing process for the networks.

"Jee-sus, it's like Iwo Jima out there" - Roger Sterling on "Mad Men"
Patcave | 2006 Films | 2007 Films | Flickr | Comic-Con 2012 | Dragon*Con 2012

#2 of 38 OFFLINE   mattCR

mattCR

Executive Producer

• 10,066 posts
  • LocationOverland Park, KS

Posted September 24 2009 - 11:13 AM

Mercy will cry Mercy very quickly.  It's walking dead after one showing.  And "The Forgotten" quickly will be

trakt.tv

Ask Me about HTPC! (Threads in HTPC / PMs always responded to)

This signature is povided by MediaBrowser 3 Trakt Plugin: Media Browser 3

#3 of 38 OFFLINE   Dave Scarpa

Dave Scarpa

Producer

• 5,287 posts

Posted September 24 2009 - 01:12 PM

I'm watching The Forgotten Now, It's very average, and the subject matter with the victim voiceover is gonna wear thin every week, Christian Slater's last series was more interesi=ting if not a bit confusing... this might be gone soon.

My DVD Collection

The Megaplex

#4 of 38 OFFLINE   pitchman

pitchman

Screenwriter

• 1,843 posts
  • LocationColumbia, MO

Posted September 25 2009 - 11:26 AM

And the first new fall series to get the boot is...The Beautiful Life. Cancelled by the CW after just two airings. It has begun...
Gary

#5 of 38 OFFLINE   mattCR

mattCR

Executive Producer

• 10,066 posts

Posted September 25 2009 - 11:54 AM

damn, I was hoping that would be the second show in 10 years to pull a 0.0/0share rating (Kings @ NBC is the only other show to pull that feat)

trakt.tv

#6 of 38 OFFLINE   Malcolm R

Malcolm R

Executive Producer

• 11,683 posts
  • LocationVermont

Posted September 28 2009 - 06:02 AM

I'm betting "Brothers" and "Dollhouse" on FOX get yanked very quickly.  Their Friday night premieres were pathetic and barely outperformed the Friday CW shows (and CW was still broadcasting repeats vs. Dollhouse).

The purpose of an education is to replace an empty mind with an open mind.

#7 of 38 OFFLINE   pitchman

pitchman

Screenwriter

• 1,843 posts
  • LocationColumbia, MO

Posted September 28 2009 - 10:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malcolm R View Post

I'm betting "Brothers" and "Dollhouse" on FOX get yanked very quickly.  Their Friday night premieres were pathetic and barely outperformed the Friday CW shows (and CW was still broadcasting repeats vs. Dollhouse).
I think Dollhouse is a goner for sure if it doesn't do dramatically better this week than last. Brothers may get a reprieve since it repeated better last night than its first-run showing on Friday. The repeat nabbed a 1.7/5 rating/share (3.73 million viewers) in A18-49, while Friday's premiere could only muster a 1.0/4 rating/share (2.82 million viewers). Neither number is great, but the fact that the repeat did better than the first airing may be significant...or, it may just further demonstrate how big of a problem Fox has on Friday night in general.

Gary

#8 of 38 OFFLINE   mattCR

mattCR

Executive Producer

• 10,066 posts

Posted September 29 2009 - 02:26 PM

"Accidentaly on Purpose" may describe CBS picking up this thing... this may be one of the worst shows I've seen since "Herman's Head".  My god, you just feel like you are getting your teeth drilled.  I'll nominate it to go quickly.

trakt.tv

#9 of 38 OFFLINE   Raasean Asaad

Raasean Asaad

Supporting Actor

• 962 posts

Posted September 30 2009 - 05:11 AM

Trauma will last for a bit due to NBC wanting some ROI but it could be gone soon too.

Good lord, there's nothing worse than the foul stench of desperation when someone wants to be famous.

- Luis Esp

#10 of 38 OFFLINE   Malcolm R

Malcolm R

Executive Producer

• 11,683 posts
  • LocationVermont

Posted September 30 2009 - 07:37 AM

"Heroes" could be in trouble unless NBC sticks with it for lack of anything better to program.  Only 5.8 million total viewers and fourth place in its timeslot in the 18-49 group rating this past Monday. I remember when a few years back, NBC canceled a favorite of mine, "Surface," because it drew an audience of ONLY about 10 million. Bet you'd love 10 million viewers now, right NBC?

There are also whispers about "The Forgotten" (which was even beat by the weakening Jay Leno show), and "Castle" heading for cancellation.

The purpose of an education is to replace an empty mind with an open mind.

#11 of 38 OFFLINE   Lucia Duran

Lucia Duran

Screenwriter

• 1,089 posts

Posted October 01 2009 - 01:32 AM

Ruby and the Rockits got cancelled after only one season. It started off pretty bad, but soon I found that I actually enjoyed the innocent humor and stupid jokes. It is a shame that this ABC Family show got cancelled. It wasn't by any means the greatest show, but with all the shows on ABC family that are centered around sex, this one I could actually sit down and watch with my kids.
NO SHIRT

NO SHOES

NO SHELDON

#12 of 38 OFFLINE   mattCR

mattCR

Executive Producer

• 10,066 posts

Posted October 01 2009 - 01:36 AM

Eastwick has to be a goner.  It's been a long time since I've seen the film, but the show follows the concept of the film so closely that it just seems to be dragging out 2 hours of content a hell of a long time.  If you want to go the "Charmed" route, just do it.  Because "Eastwick" is just a mess.

trakt.tv

#13 of 38 OFFLINE   Patrick Sun

Patrick Sun

Studio Mogul

• 37,896 posts

Posted October 01 2009 - 04:10 AM

I think "Hank" will be a goner soon (along with "The Middle").

"Jee-sus, it's like Iwo Jima out there" - Roger Sterling on "Mad Men"
Patcave | 2006 Films | 2007 Films | Flickr | Comic-Con 2012 | Dragon*Con 2012

#14 of 38 OFFLINE   mattCR

mattCR

Executive Producer

• 10,066 posts

Posted October 05 2009 - 06:12 AM

Three Rivers.   How did this thing get on the air?

trakt.tv

#15 of 38 OFFLINE   Greg_S_H

Greg_S_H

Executive Producer

• 14,909 posts
  • LocationNorth Texas

Posted October 05 2009 - 10:05 AM

I don't have any data, but I'd expect the Forgotten to exit soon.  I hope you're wrong about Castle, though.

#16 of 38 OFFLINE   pitchman

pitchman

Screenwriter

• 1,843 posts
  • LocationColumbia, MO

Posted October 05 2009 - 05:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattCR View Post

Three Rivers.   How did this thing get on the air?
CBS announced today that it just renewed and ordered 13 more episodes of Flashpoint. Based on the stunningly bad performance (by CBS standards) of Three Rivers on Sunday and the ratings tailspin Cold Case has been in since CBS moved it to 10 p.m., I think Three Rivers will be gone very soon, Matt. I don't think it is coincidental that CBS made that Flashpoint announcement today...
Gary

#17 of 38 OFFLINE   Greg_S_H

Greg_S_H

Executive Producer

• 14,909 posts
  • LocationNorth Texas

Posted October 05 2009 - 05:47 PM

Flashpoint is currently airing its third season in Canada.  The episodes are partially leftovers from season 2 with new ones to follow.  I wonder if those are part of the order or if it's a new round.

#18 of 38 OFFLINE   Mark_B

Mark_B

Second Unit

• 287 posts
  • LocationIndianapolis

Posted October 05 2009 - 10:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg_S_H View Post

I don't have any data, but I'd expect the Forgotten to exit soon.  I hope you're wrong about Castle, though.

WHy do you say that? Forgotton has only been shown once and that was the pilot. I didn't think it was bad. Just another procedural from Jerry Bruckheimer. It's sort of a cross between Cold Case and Without a Trace. I sure hope it stays for a while.

#19 of 38 OFFLINE   pitchman

pitchman

Screenwriter

• 1,843 posts
  • LocationColumbia, MO

Posted October 06 2009 - 02:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg_S_H ">

Flashpoint is currently airing its third season in Canada.  The episodes are partially leftovers from season 2 with new ones to follow.  I wonder if those are part of the order or if it's a new round.
It's hard to tell from the
Gary

#20 of 38 OFFLINE   Greg_S_H

Greg_S_H

Executive Producer

• 14,909 posts
  • LocationNorth Texas

Posted October 06 2009 - 05:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark_B 
WHy do you say that? Forgotton has only been shown once and that was the pilot. I didn't think it was bad. Just another procedural from Jerry Bruckheimer. It's sort of a cross between Cold Case and Without a Trace. I sure hope it stays for a while.
It has aired twice with a third to follow tonight.  I'm watching it as well, but it's pretty bland and probably too kind-hearted for prime time (I think it's good that it's kind-hearted).  It would have fit in better with Flashpoint on CBS.

I have no concrete reason for saying it, at any rate.  If this place is any guide, nobody talked about the second episode and nobody was too enthusiastic about the first.  It just "feels" like a show that won't make it.