What's new

Scary Movie Challenge 2009? (1 Viewer)

Ruz-El

Fake Shemp
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Russell
Just wondering if anyone's interested in going through this again since Oct 1st is just a week away. I'd be willing to "host"/ start up the thread despite once again coming in 2nd place last year and not really deserving of the "honour." ;)

Feed back is welcome, I was thinking the same rules as last year.

Scott!

Agent
Real Name
Scott McWilliams
I'd do this and like Travis said I'll probably just watch my favorites since my girlfriend isn't into scary movies...

PatW

Screenwriter
Real Name
Patricia
Yeah I'm in this year too. Though not my genre, I still discovered some wonderful gems last year and it always good to broaden ones horizons.

Joe Karlosi

Senior HTF Member
I may be in, maybe not. As I often start out with, I'm thinking of focusing on the old Universal Classics for the month of October, and if I do that it doesn't really make for a very interesting or different Challenge!

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
I'll go again. I've been putting off watching most horror lately in anticipation of the challenge.

Justin_S

Senior HTF Member
I haven't taken part since either '05 or '04, but I feel like getting back into it this year. I watch horror all the time, but it's not that I got burned out on the genre. I don't think that could ever happen. I just got burned out on typing up so many admittedly bland reviews. Anyway, looking forward to it. With any luck, I'll be able to count Paranormal Activity as an entry in the challenge.

Michael Elliott

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Michael Elliott
Originally Posted by Russell G

Just wondering if anyone's interested in going through this again since Oct 1st is just a week away. I'd be willing to "host"/ start up the thread despite once again coming in 2nd place last year and not really deserving of the "honour." ;)

Feed back is welcome, I was thinking the same rules as last year.
Be my guest if you want to start a new thread. I wasn't sure when to start the new one but it seems people are ready. I might have to cut my time short this year with the new kid coming and all so I can't even be certain that I'd be around at the end of the month to do everything needed.

My goal this year is to go through the PHANTASM and CHILDREN OF THE CORN series, although CORN II doesn't appear to have been released to DVD. I'm also going for more Vincent Price films since I always overlook the poor guy this time of year. I also plan on throwing in some real gems like LOBSTER MAN FROM MARS and the remake of ATTACK OF THE 50FT. WOMAN. Kickin' it off with FRANKENSTEIN 1910, which has become the norm for me.

Ruz-El

Fake Shemp
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Russell
Very nice to see enthusiasm! Every year I swear I'm never going to participate again, and here I am offering to start the thread.

I was thinking of starting the official thread on the weekend, but I guess it can start sooner since there is already interest. It is the 10th Annual one I think, so feel free to have the honor Michael, or I'll start it up in leu. the only change I was thinking of is handling TV shows, but really , it's so lose anyways it's not much of a big deal.

To those who are new to it, it's dead simple, try to watch 13 new horror movies in October, list them, review them, gab about them, recommend them or warn us away. It's fun! If your bonkers you can go for 31, and if you've really lost your head, watch over 130 or so and try to beat Michael. :P

After the Hammer Horror fest I did last year, I plan to watch giant monster movies, Godzilla, Mothra, Giant sharks against Airplanes, I'm going for giant monsters! And i want to see eveery horror film that plays in a hteater near me too.

I'm getting a new boss at work though, so I probably wont be able to watch movies there like I did last year. :(

EricSchulz

Senior HTF Member
I already pulled the titles from my collection that I need to get "caught up" on and changed my Netflix queue to horror for the first 25 spaces!

John Stell

Screenwriter
Real Name
John Stell
I've already started. This year will consist mostly of 30s/40s stuff since it's been four or five years since I've seen some of this stuff.

Michael E. and I will face a different kind of challenge - the cries of a newborn. My wife's scheduled for a C-section on Wednesday, September 30, but I know I'll still have time to squeeze in a couple of films a night.

BTW Michael, congrats on the forthcoming bundle. This will my fourth, increasing the odds that at least one of my kids will be a horror fan someday.

Ruz-El

Fake Shemp
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Russell
The official thread is started here, so go grab your list places!

http://www.hometheaterforum.com/forum/thread/293327/official-10th-annual-htf-october-scary-movie-challenge-2009#post_3610211

I'm very excited as you can tell. And congrats on the fathers to be! Any names picked out yet? Michael? Freddy? Jason? Carrie if it's a girl? :P

1st timers, check out the thread from a previous year to see how we worked it, and I can't wait for Oct 1st to start!

http://www.hometheaterforum.com/forum/thread/243060/official-7th-annual-htf-october-scary-movie-challenge

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks