What's new

NCIS Season 7 (1 Viewer)

Josh Dial

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Dial
Great kick-off to the seventh season of NCIS. I enjoyed the flashback-type story telling, which of course served to introduce new viewers to the characters, albeit briefly. It was also fun to see Gibbs "in action."

Raasean Asaad

Supporting Actor
I just hated that he fired 2 shots from 2 miles away and could still beat them to the end of the hallway.

Walter Kittel

Senior HTF Member
I am a big fan of of the show, but Gibbs would of had to teleport to get to the camp that quickly. The show makes the point of showing you the distance of the shot to communicate Gibbs' skill and then completely undoes the scene by having him on site in (what, less than a minute?) C'mon writers, think it through.

It was also kind of convenient that the team was being interrogated in a room with a window.

Having voiced that criticism, I particularly enjoyed DiNozzo's use of True Lies. Of course, he would use a movie reference.

- Walter.

DavidJ

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David
Originally Posted by Raasean Asaad 

I just hated that he fired 2 shots from 2 miles away and could still beat them to the end of the hallway.
I complained about the same thing. Really enjoyed the ep, but in their desire to have a dramatic shot they played around to much with "reality." I mean it was a cool shot: Gibbs in his gear with the glow of the window behind him. I'm just glad it's back.

Stephen Orr

Screenwriter
My wife and I watched both NCIS and NCIS LA back to back and decided that NCIS LA really suffered after just watching NCIS season premiere. SO many great moments and one-liners from Tony, the faux hunt for Ziva's replacement, and the "Remember I told you my boss was a sniper" line just killed.

They may want to consider moving NCIS LA to another night, maybe Wednesday or Friday.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Michael Weatherly (Dinozo) has that young William Shatner vibe about him (no coincidence that the new Capt. Kirk, Chris Pine, looks like Weatherly).

Josh Dial

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Dial
Originally Posted by Stephen Orr

They may want to consider moving NCIS LA to another night, maybe Wednesday or Friday.
The ratings for NCIS: LA were quite strong (it was second place, behind NCIS, in the key 18-49 demo), with a 4.4/11, making CBS the clear winner from 8-10 (and also to 11 o'clock, if you include the decent premiere of The Good Wife). I don't see the spin-off moving to another night, especially since the back-to-back allows for some interesting crossover storylines--the franchise could literally have a 2-hour episode whenever it wants.

Stephen Orr

Screenwriter
Originally Posted by Josh Dial
I don't see the spin-off moving to another night, especially since the back-to-back allows for some interesting crossover storylines--the franchise could literally have a 2-hour episode whenever it wants.
Good point. Just saying when comparing the episode quality, the original blew the spinoff away.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Shoot, NCIS pulled in 20+ million viewers this week, can't believe it's doing so well in its 7th season.

The showdown between Ziva and Gibbs was pretty tense. I'm still wondering where Ziva's true loyalties lie, but she was able to convince Gibbs to let her come back to NCIS.

Josh Dial

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Dial
Originally Posted by Patrick Sun

Shoot, NCIS pulled in 20+ million viewers this week, can't believe it's doing so well in its 7th season.

The showdown between Ziva and Gibbs was pretty tense. I'm still wondering where Ziva's true loyalties lie, but she was able to convince Gibbs to let her come back to NCIS.
Amazing scene, agreed. I think Ziva's breakdown (well, a breakdown in Ziva-terms) showed where her true loyalties are.

I really liked this episode (I'm rarely disappointed with NCIS--it's my "safety show," along with Numb3rs). I especially enjoyed McGee trying to be like Gibbs with the coffee, and when he was "swiping" the pictures on the flat-panel, pretending he had an OSP "toy." :)

Josh Dial

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Dial
I know that despite the size of this thread, a fair number of members wacth NCIS -- there just isn't mush to post about like there is for shows like LOST, BSG, FlashForward, et cetera.

Anyway, I thought this recent episode was very good. The writing was snappy and witty, and Mark Harmon played Gibbs as having an especially good time for some reason.

I can't remember an episode where I wasn't at least mildly entertained; I can't say that about most other shows.

DavidJ

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David
I was just glad to have it back. It seems we've had quite a few breaks throughout the season and those breaks seem to be longer than in past years. I know it's the new way, but I still don't like it.

Ken Chan

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ken
Turns out I no longer care. I kinda gave up right after the episode with Jethro's mother-in-law.

I started mid-way through the first season, after a friend recommended it. (I miss Sasha Alexander -- hope Rizzoli & Isles is good.) Got caught up and followed it since; even enjoyed the round-the-clock reruns on USA. But the show has taken a turn for the worse this season. Dunno if the LA spin-off has anything to do with it.

Josh Dial

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Dial

If anyone cares, the whole cast has been re-signed for at least next season.

Great news. NCIS is a solid show that never fails to entertain week-after-week. I wish they would get back into the more military side of things, though. Most of the recent cases have been "this guy is a naval officer, but really it has absolutely nothing to do with that."

I still watch every week--NCIS: LA, too.

DavidJ

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David

If anyone cares, the whole cast has been re-signed for at least next season.

Good news. This is one of our favorite shows. Although, like Ken I still miss Kate (Sasha Alexander) and it has been 5 years---I don't dislike Ziva or anything though.

Jonny P

Supporting Actor
One of my favorite shows.

I will say this... Shane Brennan isn't nearly the storyteller that Donald P. Bellisario was (who left as NCIS showrunner after an apparent conflict with Mark Harmon).

Brennan has gone on to create NCIS: LA. I do wonder if perhaps he is being run a bit thin.

One of the things I have enjoyed over the years are the "cliffhanger" endings on "NCIS" (like a myriad of other shows). The finale this season was okay, but didn't quite have the "surprise" value that some other seasons had.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks