What's new

How I Met Your Mother - season 5 (1 Viewer)

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
HIMYM returns for its 5th season at 8 p.m.

At least both female cast members won't have to hide their pregnancies this season.

Scott-S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott
I don't remember them having a laugh track before. Is that new? It completely ruined the show. If felt so out of place.
Maybe it has always been there, but for some reason I noticed it tonight.

Jake Gove

Second Unit
I don't buy the Robin and Barney relationship at all. Seems like the Rachel/Joey coupling they tried on Friends.

Rhett_Y

Screenwriter
You are telling me... good lord there were a couple of scenes where "willows" boobs were like WOW.. here THEY ARE!

Originally Posted by Larry Geller

I noticed that too. Both girls are boobalicious to the max now! Yum.

pitchman

Screenwriter
Real Name
Gary
Originally Posted by Scott-S

I don't remember them having a laugh track before. Is that new? It completely ruined the show. If felt so out of place.
I noticed it last night myself and found it to be quite distracting at times. When something is funny, I'll laugh. I don't need a machine to tell me when...

Otherwise, this was an enjoyable episode. The deja vu blind date was a fairly clever idea and was well-executed IMO.

Hanson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Hanson
Originally Posted by Scott-S

You probably are noticing it now because the show isn't really that funny anymore. But it's always had a laugh track even though it isn't shot in front of a studio audience (the show jumps around in time so much it's impossible to do live).

I've never found anything sexy about Allyson Hannigan. When she did that Maxim shoot a few years back, I threw up in my mouth a little. Okay, it wasn't that bad, but I did make a face like I drank a shot of vinegar.

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee
As a proponent of the Robin-Barney pairing, I am surprisingly ambivalent about them "getting back together as friends."

I know some people here will be happy. :)

And interesting to see the "2.5 Men" ditz as a blonde.

Jason Charlton

Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason Charlton
I'm happy they're splitting simply because it allows the show to get back to the formula that works best - Barney's (s)exploits are, to me, one of the best aspects of the show. We already get the "couple" stuff from Marshall and Lily, Robin is the "utility" player that provides comic relief or random storyline support, and Ted is the "glue" that binds the story together.

Come to think of it, it's been several weeks since anything on Ted's job as a teacher (and how he actually MET the mother). They'd better throw us a bone on that storyline soon.

Joseph DeMartino

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joseph DeMartino
I haven't wanted a cigarette so badly since I quit almost seven years ago. Very funny stuff. I forgot to check the credits - was that really Harvey Fierstein doing the voice of "Smoking Lily" or someone imitating him?

Regards,

Joe

Hanson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Hanson
That's funny, it never occurred to me that the smoking voice was a famous voice cameo:

Joseph DeMartino

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joseph DeMartino
Fierstein's voice is unmistakable. I knew it was him (or someone doing a spot-on imitation) even though I was in the kitchen taking a phone call the first time "Lily" used that voice.

Regards,

Joe

Greg.K

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg K.
Lily's smoking voice was hilarious. I thought it sounded like Fierstein but didn't think it was actually him. :lol:

Marshall's visits with his 13-yo self were pretty funny too.

mattCR

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt
Give Neil Patrick Harris a long singing number :)
Otherwise a fair ep.. had some good moments, lots of progress on the mother; but we'll have to see how it all ends.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks