Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo

Warner Archive Discussion Thread (The Announcements/The Films)

Warner

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
4918 replies to this topic

#4601 of 4919 OFFLINE   kingfish

kingfish

Screenwriter

• 1,011 posts

Posted May 03 2014 - 05:37 PM

can one buy the deep six individually?

#4602 of 4919 OFFLINE   classicmovieguy

classicmovieguy

Screenwriter

• 1,850 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted May 03 2014 - 05:52 PM

3 for $33 sale on WA titles currently at Oldies.com

• Robin9 likes this

"When I get a little money, I buy movies.  If there is some left over I'll attend to utilities and groceries".

My DVD and Blu-ray collection - http://classic-movieguy.dvdaf.com/

#4603 of 4919 OFFLINE   AnthonyClarke

AnthonyClarke

Screenwriter

• 1,004 posts
  • LocationWoodend Victoria Australia

Posted May 03 2014 - 06:20 PM

Still hoping for the 1936 Show Boat to become commercially available outside of the US. Warner Archive, when they started up, stated they would make titles available to overseas buyers ... but now it's a totally closed shop. There's only one external seller on Amazon selling this title, and they're not only charging six dollars more than Warner Archives, but have a rip-off postal cost of almost $15! I can't see the logic in limiting this title for sale only through Warner Archive .. this is a legacy title which should belong to the world!

• Doug Bull and David Weicker like this

#4604 of 4919 OFFLINE   classicmovieguy

classicmovieguy

Screenwriter

• 1,850 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted May 03 2014 - 08:34 PM

I've asked WA, time and again on their Facebook site about when they plan to start shipping internationally, and their silence on the subject is deafening.  

"When I get a little money, I buy movies.  If there is some left over I'll attend to utilities and groceries".

My DVD and Blu-ray collection - http://classic-movieguy.dvdaf.com/

#4605 of 4919 OFFLINE   Randy Korstick

Randy Korstick

Screenwriter

• 2,450 posts

Posted May 05 2014 - 07:48 AM

They answered this on their Facebook page a few weeks ago. Here was their reply:

Thanks to a recent pricing change and a site rebuild, WBShop.com and Shop.Warner

Archive.com now display the MSRP (Manufacturer’s Suggested Retail Price) , in the past what displayed was the Shop’s already discounted price. In this manner the information displayed to shoppers is more in line with other online shopping sites.

Here’s an example o f a title and all its prices :

Catalog / SKU :1000179488 VOICES Title MSRP: $17.99 Old WBshop Sale Price: $14.95 New WBshop Sale Price: $14.39 MSRP Savings 20%

As you can see, the Shop has actually reduced their regular everyday sale price, but the site is now displaying the usually higher MSRP, hence the confusion.
The bottom line is, however, that regular, everyday prices have gone down.

Thanks for your support – hope this clears things up.

Anybody else noticed that WA increased their MSRP to 21.99 for many titles?  I wonder if the 20% off sale is part of why the price increased from 19.99 to 21.99?

...When you eliminate the impossible whatever remains, no matter how improbable, must be the truth

Top 20 Films

#4606 of 4919 OFFLINE   Robert Crawford

Robert Crawford

• 24,878 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted May 05 2014 - 03:06 PM

I'm not sure I'm buying that explanation about not displaying the MSRP beforehand.

• Rod J likes this

Crawdaddy

Blu-ray Preorder Schedule

#4607 of 4919 OFFLINE   kingfish

kingfish

Screenwriter

• 1,011 posts

Posted May 08 2014 - 03:08 PM

looks like the vietnam movie jump into hell is up for preorder.

#4608 of 4919 OFFLINE   Camps

Camps

Stunt Coordinator

• 189 posts

Posted May 09 2014 - 09:42 AM

Yes!  Thanks for the heads-up.  This one hasn't been shown on TCM for a very long time, if ever.  

Also up for pre-order are "A Fever in the Blood," an enjoyable movie starring the recently deceased Efrem Zimbalist as a judge with political ambitions, and "The Violent Road," a forgettable copy of "The Wages of Fear."

#4609 of 4919 OFFLINE   JoHud

JoHud

Screenwriter

• 2,707 posts

Posted May 09 2014 - 11:20 AM

Also we're getting a third remake of The Last of Mrs Cheyney titled The Law and the Lady starring Greer Garson, an early Natalie Wood/Tab Hunter vehicle called The Girl He Left Behind.

Lastly one that has been in the works since his untimely death in 2012, the Andy Griffith starring vehicle Onionhead which is also one of the few Walter Mathau starring roles yet to be on DVD.

Just to clarify, the movie depicts (and was made during) the French phase of the Vietnam War before American involvement.  In particular it is a depiction of the disastrous Battle of Dien Bien Phu.  I haven't seen it, but I'm hoping it measures up to the similar war film Bataan.  Those scenarios generally make pretty good cinema.

#4610 of 4919 OFFLINE   Robin9

Robin9

Screenwriter

• 1,884 posts

Posted May 09 2014 - 11:50 AM

Also up for pre-order are "A Fever in the Blood," an enjoyable movie starring the recently deceased Efrem Zimbalist as a judge with political ambitions, and "The Violent Road," a forgettable copy of "The Wages of Fear."

I've been waiting for A Fever In The Blood for a very long time. Why? Early Angie Dickinson! And where oh where is The Bramble Bush? Long overdue.

• Ken Koc likes this

#4611 of 4919 ONLINE   ahollis

ahollis

Producer

• 5,804 posts
  • LocationNew Orleans

Posted May 09 2014 - 03:13 PM

I've been waiting for A Fever In The Blood for a very long time. Why? Early Angie Dickinson! And where oh where is The Bramble Bush? Long overdue.

A FEVER IN THE BLOOD. And on the heels of Efren Zimbalist Jr. passing.
"Get a director and a writer and leave them alone. That`s how the best pictures get made" - William "Wild Bill" Wellman

#4612 of 4919 OFFLINE   JoHud

JoHud

Screenwriter

• 2,707 posts

Posted May 12 2014 - 09:44 PM

Not 100%, but it looks like the WAC is going to whip out a newly restored DVD of Test Pilot very soon.  Looks like another Holy Grail is finally getting its due.

https://www.facebook...152449127756563

Edit:  Confirmed and part of a 4 film classic Gable wave including Hell Divers, After Office Hours, and Parnell.

Also, Monogram Westerns Vol 8.

• ahollis likes this

#4613 of 4919 OFFLINE   kingfish

kingfish

Screenwriter

• 1,011 posts

Posted May 13 2014 - 08:28 AM

looks like one can buy the deep six individually. it is up for sale at the archives today. on another note is jump into hell in english.

#4614 of 4919 OFFLINE   battlebeast

battlebeast

Supporting Actor

• 757 posts
  • LocationEdmonton, Alberta

Posted May 14 2014 - 01:52 PM

Finally!!!! TEST PILOT!!!

Another best picture nominee!!! Woooottttt!!!

Took them long enough...

Now, if they would only release "Trader Horn" with 7th Voyage productions "Trader Horn: The journey back" starring Harry Carry Jr.
I recently watched all 485 Best pictures (plus about 10 others films) in 365 days! www.oscarmovs.com

#4615 of 4919 OFFLINE   Bob Gu

Bob Gu

Supporting Actor

• 616 posts

Posted May 17 2014 - 09:25 PM

Here are seven new Warner Archive titles that are listed at importcds.com and the other Super D sites with a June 17, 2014 release date. No artwork up yet, just the titles. No mention if these are exclusive, so they all may show up sooner at WBshop.com.

COUNTERFEIT PLAN-1957 Zachary Scott, Peggy Castle
GUNS OF DARKNESS-1962 Leslie Caron, David Niven
CLAUDELLE INGLISH-1961 Diane McBain, Will Hutchins
CROOKED ROAD-1965 Robert Ryan, Stewart Granger
CHASE A CROOKED SHADOW-1958 Richard Todd, Anne Baxter
SLANDER-1957 Van Johnson, Ann Blyth, Steve Cochran
ARSENE LUPIN Double Feature: ARSENE LUPIN-1932 John and Lionel Barrymore and ARSENE LUPIN RETURNS-1938 Melvyn Douglas, Virginia Bruce, and Warren William

I posted this one on the TV/DVD forum and I'll mention it here too: The Super D sites are showing the western series, BRONCO: The Complete First Season with a July 29, 2014 release date.

#4616 of 4919 OFFLINE   JoHud

JoHud

Screenwriter

• 2,707 posts

Posted May 17 2014 - 09:37 PM

It seems there's just been more release date leaks lately.  Last week's also got an early leak.  I doubt any of those are exclusives, though there's a slim possibility.  Still great to see what the WAC has in store for the future, most looking forward to the Arsene Lupin double feature.

Don't be surprised if some of these release dates end up getting shuffled around in the coming months.  They'll only be confirmed once the release date comes or they appear for preorder on either of the WAC websites.

• Robert Crawford and ahollis like this

#4617 of 4919 OFFLINE   Robert Crawford

Robert Crawford

• 24,878 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted May 18 2014 - 01:46 AM

It seems there's just been more release date leaks lately.  Last week's also got an early leak.  I doubt any of those are exclusives, though there's a slim possibility.  Still great to see what the WAC has in store for the future, most looking forward to the Arsene Lupin double feature.

Don't be surprised if some of these release dates end up getting shuffled around in the coming months.  They'll only be confirmed once the release date comes or they appear for preorder on either of the WAC websites.

I'm looking forward to the Arsene Lupin double features too.

Crawdaddy

Blu-ray Preorder Schedule

#4618 of 4919 OFFLINE   borisfw

borisfw

Supporting Actor

• 847 posts

Posted May 18 2014 - 07:24 AM

I'm also onboard for the Lupin df . But also will be in for Crooked Road with Robert Ryan and Guns of Darkness with David Niven . I've never seen Guns of Darkness so I'm very interested in that .

#4619 of 4919 OFFLINE   Vic Pardo

Vic Pardo

Supporting Actor

• 608 posts

Posted May 18 2014 - 03:36 PM

ARSENE LUPIN Double Feature: ARSENE LUPIN-1932 John and Lionel Barrymore and ARSENE LUPIN RETURNS-1938 Melvyn Douglas, Virginia Bruce, and Warren William

I've seen many of the Japanese animated Lupin the 3rd movies and many of the TV episodes, but none of the actual Arsene Lupin movies that inspired the anime. (Lupin III, as conceived by manga creator Monkey Punch, is supposed to be the half-Japanese grandson of Arsene Lupin.)

tumblr_lm4xicWTcW1qkl5ujo1_500.png

#4620 of 4919 OFFLINE   John Hermes

John Hermes

Supporting Actor

• 778 posts
  • LocationLa Mesa (San Diego) CA

Posted May 18 2014 - 03:37 PM

I remember the representative on WB Archive Facebook saying there are "issues' with The Bramble Bush.  They pulled Ice Palace, the other Richard Burton WB movie from that period, off the market, too, after its release.

• Robin9 likes this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Warner

2 user(s) are reading this topic

2 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

davidmatychuk, revgen