Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo

Warner Archive Discussion Thread (The Announcements/The Films)

Warner

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
4948 replies to this topic

#4421 of 4949 OFFLINE   JoHud

JoHud

Screenwriter

• 2,728 posts

Posted January 25 2014 - 09:24 AM

More Warner Archive titles up for preorder:

Bill Elliott Detective Mysteries, a collection of 5 detective films starring Bill Elliot done at Allied Artists, for 1/28/2014

Brother Rat (1938) and its sequel Brother Rat and a Baby (1940) for 2/4/2014

#4422 of 4949 OFFLINE   DavidJ

DavidJ

Screenwriter

• 2,612 posts

Posted January 27 2014 - 07:56 PM

Are there any current coupon codes for Warner Archive titles? I'd like to purchase a couple Jack Benny films and possibly others. 

#4423 of 4949 OFFLINE   Ronald Epstein

Ronald Epstein

Studio Mogul

• 40,575 posts

Posted January 27 2014 - 10:08 PM

AHEAD OF TODAY'S ANNOUNCEMENT....

Warner Archive Collection New Releases
Warner Archive Collection
WARNER ARCHIVE HOME   •    NEW RELEASES   •    BESTSELLING DVDs   •    FORWARD TO A FRIEND
New Releases: Three Docs and a Private Dick
Starring Richard Chamberlain, Raymond Massey, Bill Elliot, Christopher Plummer & Frank Langella
Not enough info here? Stuff your head with the factoids found in our weekly Warner Archive New Release Podcast to impress your friends and amaze the uninformed! Available on iTunes!
spacer
DR. KILDARE, THE COMPLETE SECOND SEASON (1962-63) America’s favorite intern, Dr. James Kildare (Richard Chamberlain), returns in the second season of his smash hit NBC series alongside mentor Dr. Leonard Gillespie (Raymond Massey). Thanks to Chamberlain’s and Massey’s able embodiment of the characters originally made famous by Lew Ayres and Lionel Barrymore, Dr. Kildare soared to smash hit heights. Adding sizzle to the second season is a scorcher of a special full color episode, “The Burning Sky”, with guest star Robert Redford playing an arrogant medical student who loses his nerve during a raging forest fire! Other illustrious guest stars making the rounds of Blair General Hospital in this 34-Episode, 9-Disc Collection include Carroll O’Connor, Peter Falk, Robert Culp, Mary Astor, Gloria Swanson, Bill Bixby, John Cassavetes, and Leonard Nimoy!
spacer
BILL ELLIOTT DETECTIVE MYSTERIES (1955-57) Superstar cowboy actor “Wild Bill” Elliott traded in his boots for gumshoes at Allied Artists for a series of crackling crime dramas playing Los Angeles County Sheriff’s department detective lieutenant Andy Doyle whose dogged determination and canny mind lead him past the obvious suspects to nab the real killers before fade-out. Unhinged war veterans, not-so-innocent blind men, baby racket blackmail, kidnapped cons and careless stranglers all appear in intrepid lieutenant’s case files. Tough guy character actor Don Haggerty appears in the final three films as sidekick Sgt. Mike Duncan. Two disc, Five-film collection includes:
spacer
DIAL RED “0” (1955) A traumatized vet triggers a citywide manhunt when he goes AWOL from the bughouse and his soon-to-be-ex-wife gets bumped off. 16x9 Widescreen
spacer
Dial Red “0” (1955)
spacer
SUDDEN DANGER (1955) Lt. Andy investigates a suspicious suicide and the prime suspect is a blind man. 16x9 Widescreen
spacer
CALLING HOMICIDE (1956) Andy must connect the dots between a cop-killing and a model’s murder. 16x9 Widescreen
spacer
CHAIN OF EVIDENCE (1957) Andy comes to the aid of a reform school grad accused of murder. 16x9 Widescreen
spacer
FOOTSTEPS IN THE NIGHT (1957) A high-stakes poker game ends in murder — and Lt. Andy must figure out why before he can figure out who. 16x9 Widescreen
spacer
HBO's Greatest Greatest
spacer
MUHAMMAD ALI’S GREATEST FIGHT (2013) Stephen Frears directs this all-star docudrama that looks at the biggest fight of Muhammed Ali’s life — the one he fought outside the ring. When Ali was drafted into the Vietnam War at the height of his boxing career, his claim to conscientious objector status led to a controversial legal battle that rattled the U.S. judicial system right up to the highest court in the land. Starring Christopher Plummer (as Justice John Harlan), Frank Langella (as Justice Warren Burger), Ed Begley, Jr. (as Justice Harry Blackmun), Barry Levinson (as Justice Potter Stewart) and Danny Glover (as Justice Thurgood Marshall). 16x9 Widescreen
spacer
spacer
MUHAMMAD ALI’S GREATEST FIGHT (2013)
spacer
spacer
MISS YOU CAN DO IT (2013) This uplifting HBO Documentary Film chronicles the efforts of Abbey Curran, a former Miss Iowa USA and the first woman with a disability to compete in the Miss USA Pageant, and eight girls with various disabilities as they participate in the Miss You Can Do It pageant. Created in 2004 by Curran (who has cerebral palsy), Miss You Can Do It offers girls with special needs the opportunity to be celebrated and not defined by what the world sees on the outside. 16x9 Widescreen
spacer
KORG TAKES NEW ORLEANS BACK TO 70,000 B.C.
spacer
If you’re headed to Wizard World’s New Orleans Comic Con Feb. 7–9, be on the look out for Korg himself, Jim Malinda. Korg: 70,000 B.C. was one of Hanna-Barbera’s few live-action Saturday morning TV series about a family of Neanderthals trying to make it in a harsh world. Jim will be in Artist Alley to chat about being a pre-historic poster boy on the screen as well as touring schools around the country!
spacer
INSTANT LIBRARY
spacer
We’re now up to 158 feature films added to our Warner Archive Instant streaming service this month, many in 1080p HD for the first time anywhere! If you like the kinds of films we cover in this newsletter every week, we guarantee you will not only find some familiar favorites, but new discoveries ready to stream on your iPad, Roku or PC/Mac. Try it FREE for 2 weeks.
spacer
spacer
DR. KILDARE, THE COMPLETE SECOND SEASON (1962-63)
BILL ELLIOTT DETECTIVE MYSTERIES (1955-57)
CHAIN OF EVIDENCE (1957)
MUHAMMAD ALI’S GREATEST FIGHT (2013)
MISS YOU CAN DO IT (2013)
KORG 7,000 B.C. THE COMPLETE SERIES
Warner Archive Instant
SHOP NEW RELEASES
spacer
WarnerArchive.com
---------------------------------------------------------

Slap Gumshoe!
http://shop.warnerarchive.com/category/new+releases.do?adid=0128WACNRDeml&ref=EW0128D&utm_source=crm&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=EWACNR140128

---------------------------------------------------------

© 2014 Warner Bros. Entertainment Inc. All Rights Reserved.

Ronald J Epstein
Home Theater Forum co-owner

Click Here for the latest/hottest Blu-ray Preorders  Click Here for our complete Blu-ray review archive

Click Here for our complete 3D Blu-ray review archive Click Here for our complete DVD review archive

Click Here for Blu-Ray Preorder Release Schedule  Click Here for forum posting rules and regulations

#4424 of 4949 OFFLINE   MattPriceTime

MattPriceTime

Second Unit

• 374 posts
  • LocationBrooklyn Park, MD

Posted January 27 2014 - 10:23 PM

Hey what do you know, you can go meet Korg!

Blanket Quote for myself for all my postings from Feb 2014 and on

"i'm not shy to mention that i seem to be a major outlier on this forum. But i'm still highly boggled by some things posted here. But hey i can only be so critical but some things do bother me a bit, but to each their own. Even if it's odd conspiracies, not wanting to use terms correctly or just throwing hasty generalizations."

If the horse doesn't want to drink, i'm not going to lead them to water

#4425 of 4949 OFFLINE   Martin_Teller

Martin_Teller

Stunt Coordinator

• 100 posts

Posted January 28 2014 - 09:41 AM

Chain of Evidence is pretty ho-hum and Sudden Danger is terrible.  I think I'll pass on the Bill Elliott box, but it's always nice to see some noir in the mix.

#4426 of 4949 OFFLINE   Bob Cashill

Bob Cashill

Screenwriter

• 2,228 posts

Posted January 29 2014 - 05:24 AM

Greatest Fight is an unsung gem with a great cast but you can probably watch it on HBO on Demand.

#4427 of 4949 OFFLINE   JoelA

JoelA

Stunt Coordinator

• 230 posts
  • LocationThe Western Reserve, Cleveland, OH

Posted February 03 2014 - 06:43 AM

POPULAR

It appears the Archive is finally entering the soundtrack arena as I just received an e-mail from Screen Archives Entertainment annoucing new releases and the original soundtrack to The Wizard of Oz is being rereleased under the Warner Archive banner-

http://www1.screenar...URE-SOUNDTRACK/

I hope they'll consider picking up where they left off with Rhino Handmade about 10 years ago and start releasing OST's of films that haven't been released yet such as High Society, Les Girls and so many others.

• Robin9, ahollis and JoHud like this

#4428 of 4949 OFFLINE   JoHud

JoHud

Screenwriter

• 2,728 posts

Posted February 03 2014 - 05:57 PM

Another TV series appears to be coming in the next few weeks, the 1972 TV series Search, the complete series on pressed DVDs.

#4429 of 4949 OFFLINE   JoHud

JoHud

Screenwriter

• 2,728 posts

Posted February 04 2014 - 07:52 AM

Now that it is Tuesday, we can safely conclude that Search will be released this week.

However, glancing the site today it's very pleasing to note that this week the Warner Archive is releasing the largest wave of single films in many many months.  In addition to pre-orders that were already listed on the site for the past week (Brother Rat, Brother Rat and Baby, and Mystery in Mexico) it includes Norma Shearer & Frederich March films Smilin' Through (1932) and The Barretts of Wimpole Street (1934), Glenn Ford's Dear Heart (1964), late George Raft noirs Nocturne (1946), Red Light (1949), Race Street (1948) and the noir Roadblock (1951).

In addition to all this, James Cagney's Winner Take All (1932) is up for preorder for 2/28.

#4430 of 4949 OFFLINE   FrankXS

FrankXS

Stunt Coordinator

• 221 posts

Posted February 04 2014 - 08:18 AM

That Smilin' Through is from the early 1930s...the 1941 was Jeanette MacDonald.

#4431 of 4949 OFFLINE   JoHud

JoHud

Screenwriter

• 2,728 posts

Posted February 04 2014 - 08:27 AM

Thanks, fixed

#4432 of 4949 OFFLINE   Martin_Teller

Martin_Teller

Stunt Coordinator

• 100 posts

Posted February 04 2014 - 08:41 AM

Ooh, Nocturne and Race Street are terrific!  Roadblock is kind of meh, and Red Light is a mixed bag of great and not-so-hot.

#4433 of 4949 ONLINE   David Weicker

David Weicker

Screenwriter

• 1,671 posts

Posted February 04 2014 - 08:45 AM

Now that it is Tuesday, we can safely conclude that Search will be released this week.

Why do you think it will be this week (as opposed to some future week) ?

And where does it mention 'pressed'?

While I would love both to be true, I didn't see that information listed.

#4434 of 4949 OFFLINE   JoHud

JoHud

Screenwriter

• 2,728 posts

Posted February 04 2014 - 08:54 AM

The discs are visibly pressed in the posted sneak peak video when the DVD case is opened, silvery as opposed to black/purplish.  The banner ad for Search is now posted on the front page of the Warner Archive site and is included as the feature attraction with a new uploaded preview.

Found the order page.  Price is $49.99

#4435 of 4949 OFFLINE   Bob Gu

Bob Gu

Supporting Actor

• 620 posts

Posted February 04 2014 - 10:06 AM

Have not all the Archive TV series releases been pressed for the last year and a half? (Except for those ordered and duplicated on DVD-R from Amazon.)

Have there been exceptions where the Archive has recently released any TV series on DVD-R? I think someone at HTF said the Jimmy Stewart Show was DVD-R?

Have any of the Archive TV series released on pressed Discs actually gone off the replicated list, and are now only available as DVD-Rs?

#4436 of 4949 ONLINE   David Weicker

David Weicker

Screenwriter

• 1,671 posts

Posted February 04 2014 - 10:16 AM

Thanks for the link. I wasn't doubting you - I just mused the info you saw.

I have posted a question on the Archives FB page asking if Probe (the previously released pilot) would be included in this 'complete series' release. The posting, at this time, is unclear.

#4437 of 4949 OFFLINE   Rob_Ray

Rob_Ray

Screenwriter

• 1,509 posts
  • LocationSouthern California

Posted February 04 2014 - 12:04 PM

Have not all the Archive TV series releases been pressed for the last year and a half? (Except for those ordered and duplicated on DVD-R from Amazon.)

Have there been exceptions where the Archive has recently released any TV series on DVD-R? I think someone at HTF said the Jimmy Stewart Show was DVD-R? But that may be a surmise, based on an intransit preorder, because the show is not on the replicated list,(yet).

Have any of the Archive TV series released on pressed Discs actually gone off the replicated list, and are now only available as DVD-Rs?

My copy of The Jimmy Stewart Show was DVD-R.

#4438 of 4949 OFFLINE   Bob Gu

Bob Gu

Supporting Actor

• 620 posts

Posted February 04 2014 - 12:55 PM

Thanks Rob, and you purchased Jimmy Stewart directly from the Warner Archive?

#4439 of 4949 ONLINE   David Weicker

David Weicker

Screenwriter

• 1,671 posts

Posted February 04 2014 - 01:07 PM

Thanks for the link. I wasn't doubting you - I just mused the info you saw.

I have posted a question on the Archives FB page asking if Probe (the previously released pilot) would be included in this 'complete series' release. The posting, at this time, is unclear.

And their response was;

"Probe is available as a separate release - as such it was not included in order to contain costs and maximize quality."

#4440 of 4949 OFFLINE   JoHud

JoHud

Screenwriter

• 2,728 posts

Posted February 04 2014 - 01:35 PM

False alarm on Race Street.  Seems they leaked the cover art prematurely and its actual date of availability remains unknown.

wacshop_home_noir14.jpg

It'll probably be out in the near future.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Warner

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users