-

Photo
- - - - -

WHV Announce: Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince (Blu-ray)

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
4 replies to this topic

#1 of 5 Ronald Epstein

Ronald Epstein

Studio Mogul

• 39,568 posts

Posted September 17 2009 - 02:31 PM

Posted Image
Posted Image

Posted Image

Ronald J Epstein
Home Theater Forum co-owner

gallery_269895_23_10043.jpg Click Here for the latest/hottest Blu-ray Preorders gallery_269895_23_1316.jpg Click Here for our complete Blu-ray review archive

gallery_269895_23_773.jpg Click Here for our complete 3D Blu-ray review archive gallery_269895_23_992.jpgClick Here for our complete DVD review archive

gallery_269895_23_7246.jpg Click Here for Blu-Ray Preorder Release Schedule gallery_269895_23_3120.jpg Click Here for forum posting rules and regulations

#2 of 5 ManW_TheUncool

ManW_TheUncool

Producer

• 5,843 posts

Posted September 18 2009 - 05:12 AM

Nice to see Warner following Disney's lead by including the SD DVD version w/ the BD for a new day-and-date title like this one.  And looks like they're not even charging extra for that.

Definitely makes this an easy release week purchase for me.

_Man_

Just another amateur learning to paint w/ "the light of the world".

"Whatever is true, whatever is honorable, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is of good repute, if there is any excellence and if anything worthy of praise, dwell on these things..." (St. Paul)

#3 of 5 BrettV

BrettV

Stunt Coordinator

• 211 posts

Posted September 20 2009 - 04:41 AM

Agreed. Definitely a release week purchase for me, as well.

I wish they would include a case to match the blu ray box set, though. Would really like to complete that.

Can't tell if that's what they have there in the ultimate edition (center left at the bottom of the ad,) or if that's just some additional written information.

#4 of 5 Simon Massey

Simon Massey

Screenwriter

• 2,055 posts
  • LocationKuwait

Posted November 11 2009 - 02:14 AM

I got this Blu ray today though it was only a 2 disc version with no DVD - assume this is regional.

Excellent picture as I expected though my display in only 48"

The best major extra is A Year in The Life with JK Rowling which I recall was shown on ITV around when Deathly Hallows came out I think. The documentary seems more relevant to the last film really and includes plot points about the last book, though they do warn you about that at the start. I had seen most of this before but it is great.

Deleted scenes are generally pretty worthless really - 3 devoted to Harry trying to work out what Draco is up to and realising there may be 2 vanishing cabinets before he goes off to Dumbledore and some other very minor moments. One deleted scene that did catch my eye was a re-edit of the scene where clouds gather over Hogwarts as Malfoy gets out of his bed and sets off to confront Dumbledore - here it is set to the Hogwarts choir and is in a slightly different order. I quite liked it.

The maximum movie mode over the film works quite well though would prefer a commentary - havent watched it all yet.

The rest of the extras are mostly throwaway stuff

Altogether a reasonable package though now that these Ultimate Editions are in the works I can imagine a lot has been withheld for that.

#5 of 5 Adam Lenhardt

Adam Lenhardt

Executive Producer

• 14,111 posts
  • LocationAlbany, NY

Posted November 30 2009 - 04:26 PM

Does anyone know if all versions of the BD release will include an SD-DVD disc, or is that going to be an exclusive for a given chain?