Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests to win things like this Logitech Harmony Ultimate Remote and you won't get the popup ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Fringe - Season 2

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
268 replies to this topic

#1 of 269 Jay H

Jay H

Producer

• 5,629 posts
  • LocationPittsfield, MA

Posted September 16 2009 - 09:54 AM

Just a reminder that the first episode of Season two is scheduled to be aired Thursday, Sept 17th at 9pm EDT on Fox...

Jay

You are the crispy noodle in the vegetarian salad of life

#2 of 269 Josh Dial

Josh Dial

Screenwriter

• 2,564 posts

Posted September 17 2009 - 02:42 PM

Good first episode for season 2.  It did a good job catching up new viewers (through the well-placed expostion between Peter and the new FBI agent, and also setting the stage for at least one of the new story arcs: Olivia's memory.

#3 of 269 Corey3rd

Corey3rd

Screenwriter

• 1,715 posts

Posted September 17 2009 - 04:09 PM

the sound was just too quiet to hear anything without cranking the volume

and I don't have any memory of them ever being called "The Fringe Unit."

come see the reviews at
http://thedvdlounge.com/

and the Seinfeld Tour Bus

#4 of 269 Cameron Yee

Cameron Yee

Executive Producer

• 10,271 posts
  • LocationSince 2006

Posted September 17 2009 - 04:48 PM

Nice X-Files cameo.

One thing leads to another at cameronyee.com

#5 of 269 Spero D

Spero D

Second Unit

• 490 posts

Posted September 17 2009 - 09:07 PM

Good ep. But after Charlie gave that heartfelt speech in the hospital I knew what was coming.   Hope Kirk stays around though.

#6 of 269 mattCR

mattCR

Lead Actor

• 9,996 posts
  • LocationOverland Park, KS

Posted September 18 2009 - 01:43 AM

I was pretty dissappointed.  And the end made me laugh with the Mcguffin.. oh, they want to shut us down.. without proof.  Ok, take them this small black box, and tell them it's a mysterious people converter.. now, it doesn't work, it's broken, and we don't know if it will ever work.. but if it does, tell them they can have it.. and that will get us back in all our funding!

And if Fringe "division" was shut down, what was with the other FBI agent still with Walter in his lab making cake?  I figured she'd be re-assigned if they were shut down...  or at least she'd be told she was about to be re-assigned.

trakt.tv

Ask Me about HTPC! (Threads in HTPC / PMs always responded to)

This signature is povided by MediaBrowser 3 Trakt Plugin: Media Browser 3

#7 of 269 Quentin

Quentin

Screenwriter

• 2,469 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles

Posted September 18 2009 - 06:20 AM

I disliked the whole "Fringe division" shutdown just because it's a hackneyed play.  We all know it won't be...lame.  And, calling it the 'fringe division' is lame too.

Additionally, how on earth do they not suspect that Charlie is the doppleganger?  All the crap they've seen and been through and that isn't an immediate suspicion?  They can't ask to see his palate?  Pretty weak.

I could also do without another attractive female agent...

But, I still enjoyed a lot of what happened here.  The typewriter room was fun, the car accident was great, Colonel Broyles was great, and it's just fun to have the show back.

Who else here thinks that the 'hidden' thing Olivia must find is actually Peter himself.  Since he is from the other side (so we all assume), he is certainly hidden here.

#8 of 269 Spero D

Spero D

Second Unit

• 490 posts

Posted September 18 2009 - 07:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quentin 

I could also do without another attractive female agent...

As could I.  Keep the same team as it works.

#9 of 269 todd s

todd s

Lead Actor

• 6,853 posts

Posted September 18 2009 - 01:05 PM

I knew as soon as they introduced the new female agent that someone was going to be gone.  I like Kirk's character and am not happy they killed him off.   And where the hell were all the other agents at the end.  The only ones to get down there were Peter, the new girl and Kirk. Plus he got offed and switched way to quick.

I did like the Senators comment during the committee meeting about the Fringe and "X" division.   I was waiting for cigarette smoking man.

Bring back John Doe! Or at least resolve the cliff-hanger with a 2hr movie or as an extra on a dvd release.

#10 of 269 Jeremiah

Jeremiah

Screenwriter

• 1,581 posts

Posted September 20 2009 - 03:05 PM

The Charlie swap was pretty stupid, why in the hell was there 3 people after the transformation?  Bad Charlie, dead Charlie, and dead nurse?  Uh, it should just be 2 people, but oh well.

I liked Charlie, too bad he is pretty much done.

While what Peter told Daniels was very vague, they should be able to take the device apart and see that it is advanced, but that sure wouldn't happen in the next 15 minutes while Daniels speaks infront of the commitee.

Glad it's back but it had a lot of holes.  Glad they don't bother me.
I have seen Larry David in action, and that man is an animal, and he has to be stopped.

#11 of 269 todd s

todd s

Lead Actor

• 6,853 posts

Posted September 22 2009 - 07:59 AM

I think the female agent is just another way of bringing another beautiful woman on the show for ratings..Not that their is anything wrong with hot chicks.  This just seemed too convenient and predicatable.
Bring back John Doe! Or at least resolve the cliff-hanger with a 2hr movie or as an extra on a dvd release.

#12 of 269 marryjonthan

marryjonthan

Auditioning

• 3 posts

Posted September 22 2009 - 06:59 PM

Yeh buddy i watch fringe episode 1 of season 2  it is quite interesting and i think season 2 will be fantastic when it will completely updated.

#13 of 269 Cameron Yee

Cameron Yee

Executive Producer

• 10,271 posts
  • LocationSince 2006

Posted September 24 2009 - 04:47 PM

Tonight's episode definitely reminded me of X-Files.

#14 of 269 TravisR

TravisR

Studio Mogul

• 21,426 posts
  • LocationThe basement of the FBI building

Posted September 25 2009 - 01:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cameron Yee View Post

Tonight's episode definitely reminded me of X-Files.

Me too and I mean that in a good way. I was somewhat indifferent to the premiere but I really like this show when they hunt a new monster/virus/whatever each week.

Oddly enough, the monster was located in the town that I live in. I wish the town was as rural and bucolic as shown so I could drive places without sitting in traffic forever and not see new housing developments built on every scrap on open land. Also, I wish American Graffiti's Toad was the sheriff here too.

#15 of 269 mattCR

mattCR

Lead Actor

• 9,996 posts
  • LocationOverland Park, KS

Posted September 25 2009 - 05:01 AM

I don't know, we're drifting (IMHO), and it is starting to mirror to me the worst episodes of "Alias" (regarding artifacts and strange science and a woman as the prophetic carrier who has the message)

trakt.tv

Ask Me about HTPC! (Threads in HTPC / PMs always responded to)

This signature is povided by MediaBrowser 3 Trakt Plugin: Media Browser 3

#16 of 269 Malcolm R

Malcolm R

Executive Producer

• 11,502 posts
  • LocationVermont

Posted September 25 2009 - 05:13 AM

Yeah, I find myself not really caring about the central story/mythology. The best parts of last night's episode were the "monster of the week" bits. It reminded me a bit of the book "Still Life With Crows" by Douglas Preston/Lincoln Child.

The purpose of an education is to replace an empty mind with an open mind.

#17 of 269 Henry Gale

Henry Gale

Producer

• 4,633 posts

Posted September 27 2009 - 03:10 AM

"I was born to ramble, born to rove
Some men are searchin for the Holy Grail
But there ain't nothin sweeter 
Than riden' the rails."
-Tom Waits-

#18 of 269 Cameron Yee

Cameron Yee

Executive Producer

• 10,271 posts
  • LocationSince 2006

Posted September 27 2009 - 03:22 AM

I know I'm going to be needled for this, but I thought her hairstyle (or lack thereof) was pretty lazy.

#19 of 269 Joseph DeMartino

Joseph DeMartino

Lead Actor

• 8,301 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted September 27 2009 - 04:07 AM

You looked at that picture and focused on her hairstyle?  /img/vbsmilies/htf/rolleyes.gif

I liked the episode, too.  At its best this show is the series The X-Files wanted to be, and sometimes was in the first couple of seasons.  (Minus any kind of coherent and planned mythology.)  I think the stand-alone episodes balance the mythology eps nicely, and I care about both.  I also like that they're upgrading the team's assets and making them more self-contained and mobile.  (The reference to the C-130 promises better things to come, as does finally arranging some normal housing for Walter and Peter.  It sounds like the near cut-off of funding and Peter's 11th hour save were more than just a cliche plot (seen previously on Quantum Leap and Stargate SG-1 and before that going back to The Time Tunnel, IIRC) but rather the catalyst for the Fringe group getting more respect (and funding.)  Oh, and put me down as someone who liked the X-Files namecheck from last week.  

I'm looking forward to the rest of the season.  

Regards,

Joe 

#20 of 269 Cameron Yee

Cameron Yee

Executive Producer

• 10,271 posts
  • LocationSince 2006

Posted September 27 2009 - 05:09 AM

Well it was not the first thing I noticed but if we are talking total package (hair, makeup, clothes) it comes up short. I recognize the rather narrow purpose for which it was posted though. :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joseph DeMartino 

You looked at that picture and focused on her hairstyle?  

I liked the episode, too.  At its best this show is the series The X-Files wanted to be, and sometimes was in the first couple of seasons.  (Minus any kind of coherent and planned mythology.)  I think the stand-alone episodes balance the mythology eps nicely, and I care about both.  I also like that they're upgrading the team's assets and making them more self-contained and mobile.  (The reference to the C-130 promises better things to come, as does finally arranging some normal housing for Walter and Peter.  It sounds like the near cut-off of funding and Peter's 11th hour save were more than just a cliche plot (seen previously on Quantum Leap and Stargate SG-1 and before that going back to The Time Tunnel, IIRC) but rather the catalyst for the Fringe group getting more respect (and funding.)  Oh, and put me down as someone who liked the X-Files namecheck from last week.  

I'm looking forward to the rest of the season.  

Regards,

Joe 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users