-

Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and you won't get the popup ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Bones Season 5

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
40 replies to this topic

#21 of 41 David Norman

David Norman

Screenwriter

• 1,974 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted December 03 2009 - 04:46 PM

I couldn't believe the whole show.   I thought the first few minutes was one of those between commercial in jokes that are hysterical, but it makes TIVO'ing thru the ads dangerous (great idea though ).  I'd love to know the payola on that story line, but damned if the characters didn't make it work anyway.   I sure wanted to see those tattoos however.

#22 of 41 AlexF

AlexF

Second Unit

• 496 posts

Posted December 04 2009 - 08:29 AM

It helped that Fisher is played by one of the guys in Avatar.  That just made the whole thing astoundingly meta.

#23 of 41 Rhett_Y

Rhett_Y

Screenwriter

• 1,252 posts

Posted March 07 2010 - 08:42 PM

I soooo wanted to see the tattoo's too!  Damn you Bones!!!!

My DVD Collection

#24 of 41 David Norman

David Norman

Screenwriter

• 1,974 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted April 08 2010 - 03:19 PM

5 Seasons and 100 shows and they can still come up with a show this spectacular.   Interesting how they worked most of the regulars into the show and even reverse engineered their characters in a way that made seemed to be almost perfectly logical.   Poor Sweets though.

From rolling on the floor hysterical, a rather interesting crime to solve, and just devastatingly emotional last 5 minutes.    

"Tequila Vapors"

#25 of 41 mattCR

mattCR

Lead Actor

• 9,998 posts
  • LocationOverland Park, KS

Posted April 08 2010 - 04:04 PM

Loved the episode.   Hated the last five minutes.. emotionally wracking. 

Look, I think it was something both characters knew they felt.  But when Booth said it in the open,and got turned down.  I think every guy has been through that before.  But, I can't remember any time in my life were I was rejected by someone I really cared about to then just turn it off and walk off with them, head on my shoulder and say "it's OK"... yeah, I think the more general guy move is "It'll be OK, alright, I'll see you in a few days"  Booth hit it right with the "then I have to move on, I just have to move on.."  That part rang very true, but you can't go from that scene to them walking off together.  The hurt is just too raw in that kind of moment, I just couldn't buy it.  But it was well acted.

trakt.tv

Ask Me about HTPC! (Threads in HTPC / PMs always responded to)

This signature is povided by MediaBrowser 3 Trakt Plugin: Media Browser 3

#26 of 41 David Norman

David Norman

Screenwriter

• 1,974 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted April 08 2010 - 04:24 PM

Insert Yogi-ism. 

6 episodes left in the season.

#27 of 41 Patrick Sun

Patrick Sun

Studio Mogul

• 37,659 posts

Posted April 08 2010 - 05:12 PM

It was good to see the old team back together, even if it was the origin story.

Sad ending, but perhaps it's a new beginning.

"Jee-sus, it's like Iwo Jima out there" - Roger Sterling on "Mad Men"
Patcave | 2006 Films | 2007 Films | Flickr | Comic-Con 2012 | Dragon*Con 2012

#28 of 41 NeilO

NeilO

Screenwriter

• 2,585 posts

Posted April 09 2010 - 04:00 AM

It was an interesting show.  I had to check, but the case that Sweets had thought was their first one was indeed the case in the first episode of the series.  I remember when seeing that episode, that I had thought there was more of a history between Bones and Booth.  Now it appears that it was just one case a year earlier.  I'm not sure how well that really fits, but it was fun seeing the origin story.

#29 of 41 Patrick Sun

Patrick Sun

Studio Mogul

• 37,659 posts

Posted April 09 2010 - 04:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattCR View Post

Loved the episode.   Hated the last five minutes.. emotionally wracking. 

Look, I think it was something both characters knew they felt.  But when Booth said it in the open,and got turned down.  I think every guy has been through that before.  But, I can't remember any time in my life were I was rejected by someone I really cared about to then just turn it off and walk off with them, head on my shoulder and say "it's OK"... yeah, I think the more general guy move is "It'll be OK, alright, I'll see you in a few days"  Booth hit it right with the "then I have to move on, I just have to move on.."  That part rang very true, but you can't go from that scene to them walking off together.  The hurt is just too raw in that kind of moment, I just couldn't buy it.  But it was well acted.

I think Booth understands why Bones couldn't make the leap of faith, and that was his way of letting her down from a stressful confrontation of both of their feelings for one another.  Booth "gets" Bones, even when Bones doesn't because she's got her own barrel of quirks that cloud the forest from the trees in front of her.

#30 of 41 Patrick Sun

Patrick Sun

Studio Mogul

• 37,659 posts

Posted April 09 2010 - 05:14 AM

And it might look like I kinda figured where the producers were going with this episode. 

Here's a story on the Ausiello Files on EW on this episode (perhaps minor spoilers for upcoming episodes/storylines, you have been warned)

http://ausiellofiles...mance-spoilers/

#31 of 41 Patrick_S

Patrick_S

Screenwriter

• 2,979 posts

Posted April 09 2010 - 05:37 AM

I liked the episode but it unfortunately created a couple of continuity errors for the show.

Originally the first meeting between Caroline and Bones didn't come until later in season one episode nineteen. They tried to brush it off in last night's episode but really it takes a huge leap of faith to believe that both Caroline and Bones would not remember that they had met each other before, especially since Bones hit a Federal Judge in the nose.

In the pilot it was established that Bones would not work with Booth because in the last case they worked (the one from last night’s episode) she had provided Booth a description of the murder weapon and the murder by looking at the autopsy x-rays and Booth had dismissed her findings. That is not what happened in last night's episode.

#32 of 41 Johnny Angell

Johnny Angell

Producer

• 5,070 posts
  • LocationCentral Arkansas

Posted April 09 2010 - 03:45 PM

I really liked this episode.  I wish it was the 1st of 5 cases they worked on together before the series started so they could do more of these prequels.  It would be fun to see more of the supporting characters in the early days.  How weird, Hodgins and Zack don't like each other.

How  fitting it is, that the prequel character that is closest to his/her "current" development is Bones.  Could it be any other way?

And what a huge, funny poke in the ribs it was to watch Angela's "high tech" presentation.  I laughed out loud at that.

BTW, in the previews for next week's show, did I see Freddie Kreuger?

Johnny
www.teamfurr.org
But a family cat is not replaceable like a wornout coat or a set of tires. Each new kitten becomes its own cat, and none is repeated. I am four cats old, measuring out my life in friends that have succeeded but not replaced one another.--Irving Townsend

#33 of 41 John_Lee

John_Lee

Supporting Actor

• 966 posts

Posted April 10 2010 - 02:25 AM

Did anyone get a Godfather vibe off the closing shot?
The book goes into greater detail about the cultural significance of Michael's fiance 'slipping' as an excuse to take his arm in embrace.

#34 of 41 KevinGress

KevinGress

Supporting Actor

• 606 posts

Posted April 12 2010 - 03:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick_S View Post

I liked the episode but it unfortunately created a couple of continuity errors for the show.

Originally the first meeting between Caroline and Bones didn't come until later in season one episode nineteen. They tried to brush it off in last night's episode but really it takes a huge leap of faith to believe that both Caroline and Bones would not remember that they had met each other before, especially since Bones hit a Federal Judge in the nose.

In the pilot it was established that Bones would not work with Booth because in the last case they worked (the one from last night’s episode) she had provided Booth a description of the murder weapon and the murder by looking at the autopsy x-rays and Booth had dismissed her findings. That is not what happened in last night's episode.

I had trouble with the continuity errors, as well.  The big one for me was Bones being in the field - in the pilot she had to convince (almost blackmail) Booth into letting her accompany him. 

I was also a little disappointed with the final scene.  I'm not sure what it is - whether it was the acting or the writing, I just didn't buy it.  Perhaps it would have worked better if Booth did walk off saying something like "We'll still work together; I'll see you Monday, but right now I need to be alone" or something and walk off.

Nice episode but with a few gaping holes.

Seeing Zach again just highlighted how sorely he's missed.

#35 of 41 Malcolm R

Malcolm R

Executive Producer

• 11,520 posts
  • LocationVermont

Posted April 19 2010 - 08:58 AM

There seems to be an increasing number of gaps and leaps in logic as this season progresses. I realize the cases and science are secondary to the interpersonal goings on, but they seem to be getting really sloppy.

The purpose of an education is to replace an empty mind with an open mind.

#36 of 41 mattCR

mattCR

Lead Actor

• 9,998 posts
  • LocationOverland Park, KS

Posted May 20 2010 - 02:50 PM

Loved the finale.  A chance to put on real believable change for all the characters that you didn't expect.

trakt.tv

Ask Me about HTPC! (Threads in HTPC / PMs always responded to)

This signature is povided by MediaBrowser 3 Trakt Plugin: Media Browser 3

#37 of 41 NeilO

NeilO

Screenwriter

• 2,585 posts

Posted May 21 2010 - 01:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mattCR 

Loved the finale.  A chance to put on real believable change for all the characters that you didn't expect.

It will be interesting next season to see how the events of the year affect them.

#38 of 41 Johnny Angell

Johnny Angell

Producer

• 5,070 posts
  • LocationCentral Arkansas

Posted May 21 2010 - 06:22 AM

Well I guess the changes give the producers a chance to re-boot the series.  Replace the entire cast.  They had already done that with a popular character, Zach, why not everyone?/img/vbsmilies/htf/smiley_wink.gif

Johnny
www.teamfurr.org
But a family cat is not replaceable like a wornout coat or a set of tires. Each new kitten becomes its own cat, and none is repeated. I am four cats old, measuring out my life in friends that have succeeded but not replaced one another.--Irving Townsend

#39 of 41 Malcolm R

Malcolm R

Executive Producer

• 11,520 posts
  • LocationVermont

Posted May 22 2010 - 08:40 AM

I'm a little perplexed why they all think they can just take a year off from the Jeffersonian and they'll just be welcomed back with open arms? I wouldn't think the Jeffersonian can just tread water for a year, or would put up with their entire forensic staff just abandoning them. But I guess that's just part of the fiction, or could lead to a different setting for the team next year.

I was also surprised that Booth was willing to be away from his son for a year. But I guess the discussion with the boy showed that he was OK with it, and even encouraged it.

I also cannot picture Brennan and Daisy working together for an entire year straight. /img/vbsmilies/htf/smile.gif

The purpose of an education is to replace an empty mind with an open mind.

#40 of 41 NeilO

NeilO

Screenwriter

• 2,585 posts

Posted May 22 2010 - 09:23 AM

Originally Posted by Malcolm R 

I also cannot picture Brennan and Daisy working together for an entire year straight. /img/vbsmilies/htf/smile.gif

Her dreams of her friends dying due to the Grave Digger will be replaced by dreams of strangling Daisy.