What's new

Bones Season 5 (1 Viewer)

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
I thought the season premiere was okay, with the Cyndee Lauper guest appearance being used to foreshadow romantic underpinings for the rest of the season. Will get another revolving door of Zach replacements this season?

KevinGress

Supporting Actor
It was a good episode, although I kind of wish they'd shown some of what happened right after Booth woke up. If they can back off the Booth/Brennan relationship some (and handle it better than the Zach replacement(s) last year) the season should end up being a lot better than last.

And while I haven't heard anything to lead me to believe this will happen, I hope they either reinstate Zach or conclude his storyline in a more suitable manner.

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
I wish Booth had shot that clown (sorry, watching waaay too much 24 lately).

It was a good start, although i'm not too sure I like that they wrote off Booth's feelings for Brennan as a side effect of the surgery.

Emily is lookin' sweet, she gets hotter every year it seems.

Bryan X

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Bryan
Originally Posted by KevinGress

It was a good episode, although I kind of wish they'd shown some of what happened right after Booth woke up.

Probably not showing that now so they can have "flash-backs" all season.

Rhett_Y

Screenwriter
I was so waiting for him to shot the clown to. I really wanted to see that! But hey.

Solid episode all the way around.

Henry Gale

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Henry Gale
Emily imitating Boris Karloff (as the Mummy) is the funniest thing I've seen in awhile.

mattCR

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt
Yeah, that was a great moment. I thought the whole episode really clicked. I say this every time I watched bones, but the cast has such good chemistry, it really helps with the way the storyline plays.

Nick Martin

Senior HTF Member
I've noticed since about halfway through last season that the image is much sharper and more detailed than before. I don't know if it's because of switching to different cameras or the strength of the cable signal but it looks damn good.

Scott-S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott
When Emily was on one of the late night shows I watch, she said that this season they are filming in HD. That didnt make sense to me because I thought it had always been in HD. Maybe she meant they used better cameras? I really don't know but I agree that it looks better this season.

mattCR

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt
Bones switched to an entirely digital workflow for this season, using the new Sony F35 digital cameras/etc. It's cheaper and the look is generally very well reviewed.

http://digitalcontentproducer.com/cameras/revfeat/format_wars_0909/index1.html

Gordon Lonsdale, DP for Bones: Visually, the look of Bones is a lot of color with rich contrast, and then the look changes with the mood and dramatic theme of each episode. People watching at home, I doubt they will notice the difference this season with [the Sony F35]. A bigger challenge for me was I also was asked to lower my lighting budget, and that requirement largely dictated the choice of the F35. I needed a camera that was very light-sensitive, and this camera does that.
I asked the producers if they wanted the look to change, and they did not. So, with the production designer, gaffer, and key grip, we implemented putting more lighting into the design of the set itself. We replaced some motion-picture lights with practical lights on the set, and we went to less expensive lights for outside the windows. On location, I was able to cut our lighting package drastically, adding a lot of smaller lights I could plug into walls that did not require a generator. I kept a few big lights, but we decided we could get the same lighting from the whole package if we didn’t light as big an area. It was a challenge, but by examining how we lit the show, we were able to save money and still get nearly the same look.
To me, the properties of the F35 are close to film. If I let the camera have the most latitude possible for recording color imagery, shooting in [Cine Mode] and S-LOG, that gives me total control later on [in post]. I still have to light carefully on set, but in post, I can adjust color balance and the midranges to get more control over the image.
[/QUOTE]

Scott-S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott
I dont get it. My Dish DVR didnt record this (or Fringe) last night.
Were they suposed to run new episodes this week?

Now I am angry. I am stuck watching a crappy, studdering online version for these two shows again.

mylan

Screenwriter
Originally Posted by Scott-S
Were they suposed to run new episodes this week?

Now I am angry. I am stuck watching a crappy, studdering online version for these two shows again.

You can thank the World Series for that. Many tivo's and cable co. DVR's didn't update their programming to take into account new shows in the event of no baseball. I knew it all day but thought since I had a season pass Fringe would record, it didn't and now I have to watch online as well.

Joseph DeMartino

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joseph DeMartino
I'll have to check my cable co. DVR when I get home. I've been seeing the promos for Bones and Fringe, and knew they were new episodes, but I didn't have a chance to watch any TV last night. It is annoying. When something like that changes on a day's notice I think the networks should stick with their announced plan to show reruns instead of hoping viewers catch the promos and vendors update their "new show" flags.

Later,

Joe

Michelle Schmid

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Michelle Holloway
My DVR didn't record it, either. I knew it wouldn't (since it wasn't on the schedule until the last second--I had checked the guide at 6:45!) and had planned to switch over at 8 to see if it was really on and hit the record button. Unfortunately, other things conspired against me and I forgot until ~8:15. I was treated to many commercials and then the show. :( Too bad, too, because I watched for about 5 min and I really enjoyed what I saw--I just hate missing the first part! Ruins everything.

Patrick_S

Senior HTF Member
Well I have to say to I was impressed that my Directv dvr did update and recorded the program. Enjoyed the episode.

David Norman

Premium
Senior HTF Member
My DirecTV DVR picked it up also.

I absolutely loved the last scene in the bar. The filming of the body language and interaction between the multiple characters with small glances was just beautiful -- I couldn't help myself from smiling for that last minute and it took 10 minutes to wear off.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks