What's new

Detroit loses again.....falls to 0-12 (1 Viewer)

AdrianJ

Supporting Actor
I can't believe this. The Lions have to be cursed. They are leading 12-7 with under a minute left to play. Keyshawn Johnson makes an incredible grab over the smaller corner back and hangs on for the touchdown. Tampa Bay then converts the 2-point play to take a 15-12. Then, on the ensuing kickoff, Desmond Howard fumbles the ball and Tampa Bay recovers. This team is just cursed!

Jeff_A

Screenwriter
That's too bad. We were watching the Chicago-Green Bay game here in Minnesota. I saw the ticker indicate that they were leading with less than a minute to go and I really thought they were going to get it done this time. :frowning:

KeithH

Senior HTF Member
Unbelievable. The Lions really find a way to lose, don't they? They were only 0:36 away from a win. It's worth noting that was Keyshawn's first touchdown this season.

Miles_W

Second Unit
Not to worry guys the Lions play my beloved boys as the last game of the season, for sure the boys will tank and Detroit will be 1-15...

Scott Merryfield

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Merryfield
While watching the game today, my wife actually thought they were going to win. I laughed and said it was only a matter of watching to determine how they would lose this week.

Last week Hanson missed three field goals. This week he was 4 for 4, and they still lose. The team is cursed.

I still think they will win one before the season is over. They have three remaining home games. They can't continue to have such bad luck. After all, the Bears good luck ran out today.

Jason Hughes

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Jason Hughes
I have tickets for the last game against Dallas, but I am only going if they are o-15.

Go Vikings!

Go Steelers!

Go Bears!

Go Cowboys!

I would really truely hate to see the Lionesess ruin a perfect season. Besides, five-ten years from now, nobody will remember who won the Super Bowl, but if Detroit goes 0-16 they will be remembered forever!

I wonder if Millen wishes he had kept Moeller....

Jon_Are

Senior HTF Member
Likewise, no one will remember a team that was 1-15, but 0-16??? That's memorable!

I watched the game today as well, and this was one game I truly thought they'd pull out. I dunno why I keep allowing myself to be surprised at their versatility in losing, but it's happening every week.

Jon

nolesrule

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joe Kauffman
As Bucs fans, I and all my friends had no faith that the Bucs would be able to pull it off. All week I thought the Lions were gonna win this one.

That catch by Keyshawn Johnson was amazing. I figured he wouldn't hold onto it (like every other pass to him in the end zone), but he did. Strange year. In 12 games, he's already caught more passes in a season than any receiver in Bucs history. He reaches 1000 yards in 12 games. And he did all that before he caught his first TD pass of the season.

Jason Hughes

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Jason Hughes
What's the difference between the Lions and the Taliban?

The Taliban have a running game.

Why what Marty Morninweg upset that the Lions playbook was stolen?

He hadn't finished coloring it yet.

How do you keep a Detroit Lion out of your yard?

Put up goal posts.

What do you call a Detroit Lion with a Super Bowl Ring?

A thief.

What do you call 47 people sitting around watching the Super Bowl?

The Detroit Lions.

How can you tell if the Lions are going to run the ball?

The running back comes out of the huddle with tears in his eyes.

In a related story, the FBI was called into the Silver Dome during the Lions practice this week. Apparently a white, powdery substance was found and there were concerns it could be Anthrax. After a brief investigation, the FBI advised it was alright for the Lions to resume practice. The white substance turned out to be the goal line and they felt it was safe that the Lions would not be encountering it again any time soon.

Mark Schermerhorn

Second Unit
I think the Lions really are cursed. They aren't an 0-16 team, they seem to have the talent of, say, a 4-12 team. You can back that up with how close so many of the games have been. But they just can't close the deal.

Sheldon

Stunt Coordinator
Pick the Lions this weekend at home.I believe that they are playing the Vikings and if so,they won just one game on the road this year.

Mark Schermerhorn

Second Unit
Sheldon: yeah I'm a bit worried about my Vikings playing them. The difference with Detroit on the road is that it's still on carpet in a dome, which the vikings are tailored to.

Dennis Reno

Supporting Actor
If the Lions are 0-15, I wonder if Fox will broadcast the game nationally? Couldn't you just see it, there is a game with major playoff implications but it is only seen in the local market, with everyone else getting Detroit-Dallas! I would bet big $$$ that it would out draw the other game.

Mark Pfeiffer

Screenwriter
I've had the chance to see parts of most games of most teams this year. (Those of us in a fantasy football league found a place that carries up to nine games at a time!) Having seen Detroit snatch failure previously, I just felt that there was no way they were going to beat Tampa Bay when crunch time came. Sure enough...although it took an amazing catch. The Lions are in some ways as unlucky as the Bears are lucky this year.

Oh, and it was the 1972 Dolphins...

KeithH

Senior HTF Member
Mark, yes, of course, it was the 1972 Dolphins. Don't know why I typed 1973. Anyway, I've corrected my post above.

John Besse

Supporting Actor
Real Name
John
Damn, That 0-16 gimmick is looking good. Way to go Tampa Bay! They won a game too! It's amazing Tony Dungey is still the coach for that team. Fire him already and let's see the Bucs in the Superbowl :)

Seth Paxton

Senior HTF Member
If only we could arrange for the Colts to play the Lions, then watch equal forces collide and cause a folding of space-time.
:D

Patrick_S

Senior HTF Member
The real tragedy is that even if they finish 0-16 they won't get the first draft pick!

Man that is just adding insult to injury.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks