-

Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and you won't get the popup ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo

Detroit loses again.....falls to 0-12

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
51 replies to this topic

#1 of 52 AdrianJ

AdrianJ

Supporting Actor

• 534 posts

Posted December 09 2001 - 08:03 AM

I can't believe this. The Lions have to be cursed. They are leading 12-7 with under a minute left to play. Keyshawn Johnson makes an incredible grab over the smaller corner back and hangs on for the touchdown. Tampa Bay then converts the 2-point play to take a 15-12. Then, on the ensuing kickoff, Desmond Howard fumbles the ball and Tampa Bay recovers. This team is just cursed!
Adrian Jones

#2 of 52 Jeff_A

Jeff_A

Screenwriter

• 1,459 posts

Posted December 09 2001 - 08:53 AM

That's too bad. We were watching the Chicago-Green Bay game here in Minnesota. I saw the ticker indicate that they were leading with less than a minute to go and I really thought they were going to get it done this time. Posted Image

#3 of 52 KeithH

KeithH

Lead Actor

• 9,427 posts

Posted December 09 2001 - 09:44 AM

Unbelievable. The Lions really find a way to lose, don't they? They were only 0:36 away from a win. It's worth noting that was Keyshawn's first touchdown this season.
My:
Main Stereo and HT Systems ;
Second Stereo System ;
Equipment List ; DVDs, SACDs, and more ;
Planned Upgrades and Additions "You know, the tomato never took off as a handfruit."- George Costanza

#4 of 52 Miles_W

Miles_W

Second Unit

• 436 posts

Posted December 09 2001 - 12:22 PM

Not to worry guys the Lions play my beloved boys as the last game of the season, for sure the boys will tank and Detroit will be 1-15...
Miles
Dark side member since 93

#5 of 52 Scott Merryfield

Scott Merryfield

Executive Producer

• 10,392 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted December 09 2001 - 01:15 PM

While watching the game today, my wife actually thought they were going to win. I laughed and said it was only a matter of watching to determine how they would lose this week.

Last week Hanson missed three field goals. This week he was 4 for 4, and they still lose. The team is cursed.

I still think they will win one before the season is over. They have three remaining home games. They can't continue to have such bad luck. After all, the Bears good luck ran out today.

#6 of 52 Jason Hughes

Jason Hughes

Supporting Actor

• 881 posts

Posted December 09 2001 - 02:12 PM

I have tickets for the last game against Dallas, but I am only going if they are o-15.

Go Vikings!
Go Steelers!
Go Bears!
Go Cowboys!

I would really truely hate to see the Lionesess ruin a perfect season. Besides, five-ten years from now, nobody will remember who won the Super Bowl, but if Detroit goes 0-16 they will be remembered forever!

I wonder if Millen wishes he had kept Moeller....
Government in action = Government inaction

#7 of 52 Jon_Are

Jon_Are

Screenwriter

• 2,038 posts

Posted December 09 2001 - 02:43 PM

Likewise, no one will remember a team that was 1-15, but 0-16??? That's memorable!

I watched the game today as well, and this was one game I truly thought they'd pull out. I dunno why I keep allowing myself to be surprised at their versatility in losing, but it's happening every week.

Jon

#8 of 52 nolesrule

nolesrule

Producer

• 3,084 posts
  • LocationClearwater, FL

Posted December 09 2001 - 03:11 PM

As Bucs fans, I and all my friends had no faith that the Bucs would be able to pull it off. All week I thought the Lions were gonna win this one.

That catch by Keyshawn Johnson was amazing. I figured he wouldn't hold onto it (like every other pass to him in the end zone), but he did. Strange year. In 12 games, he's already caught more passes in a season than any receiver in Bucs history. He reaches 1000 yards in 12 games. And he did all that before he caught his first TD pass of the season.

#9 of 52 KeithH

KeithH

Lead Actor

• 9,427 posts

Posted December 09 2001 - 03:59 PM

Scott said:

Quote:
Last week Hanson missed three field goals. This week he was 4 for 4, and they still lose. The team is cursed.

The Lions need to get in the end zone. Winning in the NFL is tough when you can't reach paydirt.

Jon said:

Quote:
Likewise, no one will remember a team that was 1-15, but 0-16??? That's memorable!

If the Lions do go 0-16, I want to see someone do a computer match-up of this Lions team against the 1972 Dolphins, the only NFL team to finish a season undefeated. Posted Image

Jason said:

Quote:
I wonder if Millen wishes he had kept Moeller....

As a Penn State grad., I am a fan of Matt Millen and feel bad for him. I hope he can turn things around in Detroit soon.
My:
Second Stereo System ;
Planned Upgrades and Additions "You know, the tomato never took off as a handfruit."- George Costanza

#10 of 52 Jason Hughes

Jason Hughes

Supporting Actor

• 881 posts

Posted December 09 2001 - 08:12 PM

What's the difference between the Lions and the Taliban?
The Taliban have a running game.

Why what Marty Morninweg upset that the Lions playbook was stolen?
He hadn't finished coloring it yet.

How do you keep a Detroit Lion out of your yard?
Put up goal posts.

What do you call a Detroit Lion with a Super Bowl Ring?
A thief.

What do you call 47 people sitting around watching the Super Bowl?
The Detroit Lions.

How can you tell if the Lions are going to run the ball?
The running back comes out of the huddle with tears in his eyes.

In a related story, the FBI was called into the Silver Dome during the Lions practice this week. Apparently a white, powdery substance was found and there were concerns it could be Anthrax. After a brief investigation, the FBI advised it was alright for the Lions to resume practice. The white substance turned out to be the goal line and they felt it was safe that the Lions would not be encountering it again any time soon.
Government in action = Government inaction

#11 of 52 Mark Schermerhorn

Mark Schermerhorn

Second Unit

• 354 posts

Posted December 10 2001 - 01:55 AM

I think the Lions really are cursed. They aren't an 0-16 team, they seem to have the talent of, say, a 4-12 team. You can back that up with how close so many of the games have been. But they just can't close the deal.

#12 of 52 Sheldon

Sheldon

Stunt Coordinator

• 177 posts

Posted December 10 2001 - 03:18 AM

Pick the Lions this weekend at home.I believe that they are playing the Vikings and if so,they won just one game on the road this year.

#13 of 52 Samuel Des

Samuel Des

Supporting Actor

• 801 posts

Posted December 10 2001 - 03:26 AM

You know what's funny? If they go 0-15, that Dallas game could be eagerly watched and all! Posted Image
I am made out of water. You wouldn't know it, because I have it bound in. My friends are made out of water, too. All of them. The problem for us is that not only do we have to walk around without being absorbed by the ground but we also have to earn our livings.

#14 of 52 Mark Schermerhorn

Mark Schermerhorn

Second Unit

• 354 posts

Posted December 10 2001 - 03:41 AM

Sheldon: yeah I'm a bit worried about my Vikings playing them. The difference with Detroit on the road is that it's still on carpet in a dome, which the vikings are tailored to.

#15 of 52 Dennis Reno

Dennis Reno

Supporting Actor

• 865 posts

Posted December 10 2001 - 07:11 AM

If the Lions are 0-15, I wonder if Fox will broadcast the game nationally? Couldn't you just see it, there is a game with major playoff implications but it is only seen in the local market, with everyone else getting Detroit-Dallas! I would bet big $$$ that it would out draw the other game.

#16 of 52 Mark Pfeiffer

Mark Pfeiffer

Screenwriter

• 1,346 posts

Posted December 10 2001 - 02:36 PM

I've had the chance to see parts of most games of most teams this year. (Those of us in a fantasy football league found a place that carries up to nine games at a time!) Having seen Detroit snatch failure previously, I just felt that there was no way they were going to beat Tampa Bay when crunch time came. Sure enough...although it took an amazing catch. The Lions are in some ways as unlucky as the Bears are lucky this year.

Oh, and it was the 1972 Dolphins...
Read my reviews at www.dvdmon.com
My blog: Reel Times: Reflections on Cinema

#17 of 52 KeithH

KeithH

Lead Actor

• 9,427 posts

Posted December 10 2001 - 04:21 PM

Mark, yes, of course, it was the 1972 Dolphins. Don't know why I typed 1973. Anyway, I've corrected my post above.
My:
Second Stereo System ;

#18 of 52 John Besse

John Besse

Supporting Actor

• 576 posts
  • LocationTrinity, FL

Posted December 10 2001 - 06:38 PM

Damn, That 0-16 gimmick is looking good. Way to go Tampa Bay! They won a game too! It's amazing Tony Dungey is still the coach for that team. Fire him already and let's see the Bucs in the Superbowl Posted Image
"Empire had the better ending. Luke gets his hand cut off, finds out Vader's his father, Han gets frozen and taken away by Boba Fett. It ends on such a down note. That's what life is, a series of down endings. All Jedi had was a bunch of Muppets."

#19 of 52 Seth Paxton

Seth Paxton

Lead Actor

• 7,588 posts

Posted December 10 2001 - 06:48 PM

If only we could arrange for the Colts to play the Lions, then watch equal forces collide and cause a folding of space-time.
Posted Image

#20 of 52 Patrick_S

Patrick_S

Screenwriter

• 2,980 posts

Posted December 10 2001 - 07:32 PM

The real tragedy is that even if they finish 0-16 they won't get the first draft pick!

Man that is just adding insult to injury.

Forum Nav Content I Follow