What's new

Cable question for 7.1 analog with blu ray (1 Viewer)

sadbttru

Agent
Real Name
Shane
Hello,

Just wondering what kind of cables to use for setting up the oppo 83 blu-ray using the 7.1 analog jacks.

I was going to use 2 sets of component cables and 1 pair of rca jacks, would that work?

thanks

i have tried searching google and have not really had any luck.

Ed Moxley

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ed
Yes, that should work just fine.
I use two sets of component cables, from my Denon 2200 to my receiver, for scad and dvd-a, for 5.1 setup.

sadbttru

Agent
Real Name
Shane
thanks.. have the cables all good to go.... one question though,

Do i need to hook up any other cables to get 5.1 sound, like the optic cable i was using? or do the 7.1 take care of all that?

Ed Moxley

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ed
The 7.1 cables should take care of that, but you may want to hook up an optical cable and try, when watching a regular dvd, to see which sounds best.

Scott Merryfield

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Merryfield
Using the 7.1 analog cables, the Oppo player will perform the Dolby Digital and DTS decoding. If you connect an optical cable and switch to that input, your receiver will be performing the decoding. Depending on your receiver, you may have more options for adjusting the sound using the optical input versus the multi-channel analog inputs for SD-DVD playback. As Ed said, it wouldn't hurt to try it both ways to see which you prefer. .

sadbttru

Agent
Real Name
Shane
perfect thanks!
will try them both, hooked everything up and now i will be testing tomorrow!

sadbttru

Agent
Real Name
Shane
well couple of issues...

the included aix audio test disc would not play the 7.1 96k test.. just had the dude talking..

dvd plays fine
put in wolverine blu ray, will not play...the player just sits on all zeros, showing the play icon, but nothing happens....

any ideas on getting wolverine to play would be appreciated!!

sadbttru

Agent
Real Name
Shane
found the answer here:
http://watershade.net/wmcclain/BDP-83-faq.html#what-do-i-do-if-a-blu-ray-disc-will-not-load-or-play-or-if-it-freezes-the-player

turn off bd live!

do not know why or for how long, but at least the disc plays.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks