Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests to win things like this Logitech Harmony Ultimate Remote and you won't get the popup ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Curb Your Enthusiasm: Season Seven

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
71 replies to this topic

#61 of 72 LynxFX

LynxFX

Stunt Coordinator

• 193 posts

Posted November 16 2009 - 06:47 AM

Nice way to deal with Richard's past mistake.

The Seinfeld table read was pure geekdom. It actually sounded like it would have been a funny episode too and this was just from the actors reading at a table. Great stuff.

Jerry's reaction to Larry mentioning the girls p**** was priceless.

#62 of 72 Brent M

Brent M

Producer

• 4,486 posts

Posted November 16 2009 - 02:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LynxFX 

It certainly was. I was laughing out loud several times during this episode which is something I hadn't done much the past few weeks. Probably my favorite episode of the season. /img/vbsmilies/htf/thumbsup.gif

"If you're good at something, never do it for free."

#63 of 72 WillG

WillG

Producer

• 5,213 posts

Posted November 17 2009 - 02:19 PM

Quote:
Am I the only one who didn't like Larry repeatedly refer to it as her p****? Not that I was offended mind you, but just because it did not ring true. Even Larry must realize that it's outrageously inappropriate (even for Larry) to refer to a child's genitals in that way, or even to talk about it at all.

STOP HIM! He's supposed to die!

#64 of 72 TravisR

TravisR

Studio Mogul

• 21,470 posts
  • LocationThe basement of the FBI building

Posted November 17 2009 - 03:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WillG View Post

Am I the only one who didn't like Larry repeatedly refer to it as her p****? Not that I was offended mind you, but just because it did not ring true. Even Larry must realize that it's outrageously inappropriate (even for Larry) to refer to a child's genitals in that way, or even to talk about it at all.

Larry seemed taken aback when the mother said it in the first place. I can buy him saying it in front of Jerry just to shock him but it was definitely a stretch saying it to the doctor. That being said, the punchline of the doctor calling the police was worth the stretch in my mind.

#65 of 72 Jeremiah

Jeremiah

Screenwriter

• 1,581 posts

Posted November 18 2009 - 11:56 AM

Was I the only one who lol'd when Leon asked Larry who Jerry and Julia were?  Gawd, that was hillarious.

Jerry reading with Newman was funny also, imo just a very funny episode all around.
I have seen Larry David in action, and that man is an animal, and he has to be stopped.

#66 of 72 todd stone

todd stone

Screenwriter

• 1,768 posts

Posted November 22 2009 - 06:27 PM

"Do you respect wood?" good season but too short

Lo, there do I see my mother, and my sisters, and my brothers, Lo, there do I see the line of my people, back to the beginning, Lo, they do call to me, they bid me take my place among them, In the halls of Valhalla,where the brave may live...

#67 of 72 TravisR

TravisR

Studio Mogul

• 21,470 posts
  • LocationThe basement of the FBI building

Posted November 23 2009 - 12:59 AM

I enjoyed this season quite a bit but the finale wasn't as funny as the previous episode. Having said that, there was still some real funny stuff in the episode. Jerry's "Icon! Icon! Icon! No-con!", Jason Alexander's Acting Without Acting book/pamphlet and the end with Cheryl getting back together with Larry and he's more worried about wood were funny. And it was great seeing finished scenes from the Seinfeld reunion.

#68 of 72 Hanson

Hanson

Producer

• 4,391 posts

Posted November 24 2009 - 08:18 AM

Larry playing George was one of the funniest things this season.  And that's high praise!

It was amazing how easily the entire cast slipped back into their characters.  Those reunion show clips were totally authentic.  

All in all, that was a GREAT season.  I'm hoping it won't take another 2 years for the next season to air (and hoping even more that Larry doesn't call it quits before that).

#69 of 72 Brian Borst

Brian Borst

Screenwriter

• 1,137 posts

Posted November 24 2009 - 09:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hanson Yoo 

Larry playing George was one of the funniest things this season.  And that's high praise!

It was amazing how easily the entire cast slipped back into their characters.  Those reunion show clips were totally authentic.  

All in all, that was a GREAT season.  I'm hoping it won't take another 2 years for the next season to air (and hoping even more that Larry doesn't call it quits before that).
You know, even if he did that I wouldn't mind it that much. This is a great series finale. Of course I wouldn't mind if the series continued /img/vbsmilies/htf/biggrin.gif. It's been a great one.

Never go out with anyone who thinks Fellini is a type of cheese

My Blu-Ray/DVD Collection

#70 of 72 KevA

KevA

Stunt Coordinator

• 92 posts

Posted November 28 2009 - 04:45 AM

The last episode of Season 7 was just a brilliant episode: very funny and very creative. The symmetry between the characters George/Amanda on "Seinfeld" and Larry/Cheryl on Curb was amazing, and executed perfectly. The word genius has been applied to Larry David many times and it's apt; you can see why (here with this episode) yet again.

#71 of 72 Brent M

Brent M

Producer

• 4,486 posts

Posted December 06 2009 - 10:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Borst 

You know, even if he did that I wouldn't mind it that much. This is a great series finale. Of course I wouldn't mind if the series continued . It's been a great one.

I totally agree. While I wouldn't want to see the show end, I also wouldn't mind if they went out on this episode. It's a much better option than having the show drag on and be unfunny the way Entourage has become. I don't think Larry David would ever let the show slip that badly, but you never know.

"If you're good at something, never do it for free."

#72 of 72 Terencey

Terencey

Extra

• 15 posts

Posted June 07 2010 - 09:32 PM

I particularly enjoyed the episode, when Larry invited the child molester to his home for a dinner for a religious holiday. This was a mix of his neighbors, who were aware of this young man's problem. Larry David is a master of underplaying and was superb!