What's new

Emergency! Season #6 and beyond (1 Viewer)

younger1968

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
paul young
I am hoping that we hear shortly that the sixth season of emergency! will be release. The last few releases happen in January, so, i am hoping this happen. I believe season #6 was one of the better season and it was also the last season for the show. There was some tv movies and a two-part episode were Gage and DeSoto were promoted to captain. I like to see this also released. I already have the first five season on dvd and watch them periodically. The show reminds of my father's life as firefighter.

WaveCrest

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard
Two of the characters from Emergency! also appeared in the short-lived series Sierra.

LeoA

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Leo
I was just checking up on this yesterday. If past patterns are any indication, we should get an announcement in mid October.

I too want to see the crossover episode of Sierra. I've mentioned that here numerous times and have emailed the company several times to get out the wishes of the fans of this series to see that episode. Hopefully they include it in season 6 or the movie collection afterwards.

Would've been nice to of seen Sierra just being included as bonus episodes all along like they're doing with Window on Main Street on the Father Knows Best DVDs. 2 episodes per season (Plus 1 additional one added somewhere in those 6 seasons) would've taken care of all 13 of the regular episodes, and left the tv movie to be added to the Emergency! movies.

Who knows, maybe they will surprise everyone and make a full sized set with Sierra and the Emergency! movies.

The engine and squad also make an appearance on a episode of CHiPs I found out about recently. Would make for a nice bonus if they own that show as well (Never really paid any attention to that series).

younger1968

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
paul young
thanks for the response! I dont remember the series Sierra, because i was very young and it was only on for one season.

The episode on CHIPs was the MACO accident re-creation team. The thing was tv is you just need to watch at times at see some of the cross over with the different series. I remember emergency! had episode were gage wa obsessed with ending of an Adam-12. There are also examples on Cheers when the cast was watching a Barnaby Jones episode.

Duane Alford

Second Unit
I'm sure we'll get Season 6, I had E-mailed Universal asking about the movies and their response to me was something along the lines of they don't know if they'll be released.

LeoA

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Leo
If we get season 6, I'm sure we'll get the post season 6 tv movies at some point.

But it doesn't seem likely we'll see the movies until early 2011 since I'm sure they won't be included in season 6. There were 6 two hour long movies and it's too much content to expect to be included in season 6.

But there are no right issues, they were always syndicated with the regular episodes, etc. It's nothing more than a continuation of the television series with the special episodes extended to 2 hours, just like what we see with several other successful tv series when they conclude their runs (Such as Little House on the Prairie).

I think barring extremely poor sales of season 6, if we got this far, we can expect to see it finished. I just hope at least that that 1 episode of Sierra gets included at the very least, since this quality show has no chance of a standalone release of any sort due to being so short lived and killed by The Waltons on a rival network in the same timeslot. Being included as bonuses in other Mark VII shows is the only viable way it will ever see a release.

younger1968

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
paul young
i agree, that Sierra would need to be packaged with Emergency!. There are many shows that were one season and then cancel or not re-newed. I think there needs to be mechanism in play like having tvshowsondvd.com conducting polls on one season shows that people would like too see release on dvd. I bought Kolchak and it was one season, so, there is some hope other shows can be released.

John Morgan

Supporting Actor
Real Name
John
Am I remembering correctly? I have the 5 seasons, but haven't watched all of them yet. But I remember an odd or funny thing. I think the pilot had the characters of Reed and Malloy from ADAM-12 as characters in the story and some years later ADAM-12 was playing as a television program in the station house, I think. So. I guess they were both "real" characters and TV characters in EMERGENCY.

younger1968

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
paul young
yes, tv shows like to inter mingle shows in their plot lines. Actually, there is episode were malloy/reed speak to dixie and then walk by gage/deSoto. Remember Adam-12 and Emergency! was produced by same producers, so, crossover and links makes sense.

LeoA

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Leo
What he was talking about though isn't that they crossovered, but that the occurances contradict each other and don't make sense.

In one episode of Emergency!, Jim and Pete play their roles as LAPD cops in "real life" in the Emergency!Dragnet/Adam-12/Sierra universe. But in a later episode of the series, they're turned into fictional characters on Emergency! playing actors on a tv series called Adam-12 that the paramedics are watching at Station 51.

They go from being real life LAPD police officers on the show in their Adam-12 roles, with Adam-12 and Emergency! being set in the same universe, to being tv actors just portraying cops on a tv series they're watching on Emergency!.

I should add that I'm I'm glad they took some liberty with it and did it because it made for an entertaining episode, even though it contradicts the series having all these people set in the same fictional universe.

younger1968

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
paul young
Since, we are in October then i guess we will find out in the next few weeks if Emergency! 6th season is going to be released on dvd. The previous seasons were released in jan/february time frame. I am hoping that the 6th season is coming early next year. There was a 7th season, but, it was like film and two part segment when deSoto and Gage were promoted to Captain.

Lecagr

Screenwriter
Real Name
Lee
Well I sure hope season six will be released. I have some doubts about it, hopefully we'll find out soon. Seasons 4 and 5 were absolute, bottom of the barrel quality wise with syndicated, unrestored masters of the episodes used for the DVD's. The one positive thing is the episodes are uncut. I know original masters exist for at least some of those episodes, but Universal chose not to use them for the DVD's.

younger1968

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
paul young
I am a little concern as well, because the january annoucements have been coming out and there has been no emergency! on its radar screen. However, February was also used as released month for as well
Season One11August 23, 2005Season Two21February 7, 2006Season Three22February 13, 2007Season Four22January 29, 2008Season Five24January 20, 2009Season Six24TBA
The quality was not very good on the dvd, but, that is ok, with me, because i liked the show and just wanted it for my collection.

LeoA

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Leo
There's nothing to be concerned about as far as I can see just quite yet.

Season 4 was announced on the 16th of October and season 5 on the 22nd of October. We should get word in the next few few days on a season 6 release for early next year. Nothing to indicate it isn't business as usual as far as I can see. If we get to November and haven't heard anything, I'll get concerned.

The worst case as far as I can see is if season 5 sales were that disappointing, Universal will just oursource it somewhere like Shout!, who has made a successful go at series Universal has deemed to be less financially viable in the past than this one.

younger1968

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
paul young
i am sure they will complete the series. They completed Rockford Files, except for the movies

So, we will have to wait and see what happens. It does look like some exciting news around some of new releases next year.

Lecagr

Screenwriter
Real Name
Lee
In the event Universal doesn't issue season 6, I do have the season 6 episodes, copies of the TV Land airings from about 10 years ago. Of course I want to have the official season 6 DVD, but until that happens the airings from TV Land are better than nothing.

LeoA

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Leo
I too have recordings off of TVLand of all the season 6 episodes and the post season 6 movies, but I'd love to finish this series up with all official releases.

It's just too bad that the season 1 DVD's of this and Adam-12 will forever be flawed due to manufacturing defects and the style of DVD disc used. Guess we have to hope for a complete series collection if these ever get finished to be able to get quality season 1 releases of each.

Ashame since the episodes look great on both season 1 releases, unlike more recent releases such as season 5 of Emergency!, which has many visual defects I'm discovering as I've been working through it the past few days (Purchased it at release, just haven't had time to get to it until now).

younger1968

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
paul young
I believe the studio will release Season #6, because they have been consistent with this show and it is either release in Jan 10 (not likely) or Feb/10.

I like to see them also put out the movies as well, especially the last episode when Gage and deSoto are promoted to Captain. It would was a good tribute to show, i would in fact include it on Season #6, because that is were it fits. The other movies can be on a separate dvd.

Lecagr

Screenwriter
Real Name
Lee
I have the post series movies also, but those aren't as good as the episodes from the actual series.

I've never noticed any problems with the season one discs, mine seem to play fine. What bugs me the most is that starting with season four Universal went with syndicated, unrestored episode prints for the DVD's. There are a few episodes in the season four set where the audio is so bad, I have to crank up the volume on the TV to hear what the actors are saying. Then when the sirens kick in, it's loud enough to knock you out of your chair. Some of my episodes recorded from TV Land are better in quality than the ones on the discs from Universal. At least the discs from Universal have the uncut episodes, that's the best thing about them.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation199
Recent bookmarks