Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Space 1999

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
169 replies to this topic

#161 of 170 OFFLINE   youworkmen

youworkmen

Stunt Coordinator

• 178 posts

Posted October 17 2014 - 12:35 PM

I've had confirmation from Indigo Germany that their November Bluray release of UFO has been created from English language  masters so all credits and titles should be English along with the audio so we can forget the exorbitantly priced Japanese set for now and the German set will also hopefully not include the 2 errors from the Jap set.

#162 of 170 OFFLINE   Kevin L McCorry

Kevin L McCorry

Second Unit

• 300 posts

Posted October 18 2014 - 01:20 PM

From Network's Facebook page. We can read into this what we will. Couldn't hurt to give it as many thumbs up as possible.

https://www.facebook...&type=1

• MBrousseau likes this

#163 of 170 OFFLINE   youworkmen

youworkmen

Stunt Coordinator

• 178 posts

Posted October 19 2014 - 12:49 PM

From Network's Facebook page. We can read into this what we will. Couldn't hurt to give it as many thumbs up as possible.

https://www.facebook...&type=1

Is that a fan creation or an official Network one ?

Although Network seem to be confirming its on its way.

#164 of 170 OFFLINE   MBrousseau

MBrousseau

Stunt Coordinator

• 224 posts
  • LocationQuebec City, Canada

Posted October 19 2014 - 04:17 PM

It does indeed look like a fan creation Blu-ray cover but the most interesting part is that someone in charge of the Network Facebook page responded that we can expect some positive news real soon.

Girl power rules: Samantha, Jeannie, Jaime 
Come visit my You Tube channel! http://www.youtube.com/user/ez2me2009

#165 of 170 OFFLINE   Kevin L McCorry

Kevin L McCorry

Second Unit

• 300 posts

Posted October 20 2014 - 04:09 AM

He did say news, not positive news. But he could have said nothing at all if there wasn't any news to expect. ...

The photo is indeed a mock-up of a BD set cover done by a fan, apparently to get Network's attention, which it evidently did.

I should state that even if there is an announcement by Network, the release could still be a year away. Mind, I seem to recall A&E announcing Season 2 for Blu in 2011, 2012 at the latest. The subsequent year after year after year delay is where my pessimism, or at least guarded optimism, comes from.

Keep on clicking like to those Facebook posts.

#166 of 170 OFFLINE   Kevin L McCorry

Kevin L McCorry

Second Unit

• 300 posts

Posted October 21 2014 - 12:18 PM

rsz_1999books.png

While we wait for the full release of Space: 1999 on Blu-Ray, here is my collection of an olde format for collecting Space: 1999. Paperback books.

#167 of 170 OFFLINE   stuartfanning

stuartfanning

Stunt Coordinator

• 87 posts
  • LocationEngland

Posted November 14 2014 - 04:22 AM

Network DVD have announced at last they will be releasing a restored Season 2 of Space 1999 (Region 2), but not until next Autumn. However a limited edition 'taster' is being released now!

http://networkonair....3ec56e-13127333

#168 of 170 OFFLINE   youworkmen

youworkmen

Stunt Coordinator

• 178 posts

Posted November 14 2014 - 04:25 AM

I hope the fact that many fans don't buy the taster doesn't make them think the interest has waned .

Really looking forward  to see the Y2 boxset but I won't be buying the taster as I've only just finished watching them again on dvd 

#169 of 170 OFFLINE   Kevin L McCorry

Kevin L McCorry

Second Unit

• 300 posts

Posted November 14 2014 - 05:13 AM

Well, well. So they're putting on the ice skates in Lucifer's kingdom. Or else I'm dreaming this...

Already pre-ordered the "Bringers of Wonder" disc. It will be a Merry Christmas this year for sure. I have Region B capability.

Destination: Moonbase Alpha to be included. It may be exclusive to this release. We don't know.

#170 of 170 OFFLINE   youworkmen

youworkmen

Stunt Coordinator

• 178 posts

Posted November 14 2014 - 05:53 AM

It may well be but as it's only the 2 actual episodes edited together it's not something I'll miss. IIRC the opening and closing titles are video generated so they still will be but they'll have the HD footage edited in between. I doubt it will be included with the Y2 boxset but I doubt anyone will really worry . I wasn't going to bother with the taster but I'm wondering if these will include new 5.1 audio . The HD version of The Metamorph on the Y1 boxset was still mono but I'm keen to hear Derek Wadsworths music in 5.1

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users