Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests to win things like this Logitech Harmony Ultimate Remote and you won't get the popup ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

The Fugitive: Season 3 Vol.2

Paramount

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
192 replies to this topic

#181 of 193 DeWilson

DeWilson

Screenwriter

• 1,907 posts

Posted July 18 2010 - 02:43 PM

Originally Posted by Jack P 

Let's not forget the butchery that was done in S3-5 of "The Odd Couple" were MUCH valuable program content was lost as a result of some idiot cost-cutter at CBS/Paramount deciding that the slightest trace of a song lyric meant losing the scene no matter how incomprehensible the results (the loss of "Cocktails For Two" makes "Strike Up The Band Or Else" a totally unwatchable episode).

The problem with the studios is that the legal departments are afraid of passing any incidental presence of music that would be "fair use" as they just don't want the headaches to defend it. It's easier to snip-snip-snip and disapoint a handful of buyers.

When will one of the majors take a stand and defend their constitutional rights. A commercial work does have the same rights to use fair use as a non-commercial one.

A line or two with the words of a song,an actor whistling or humming a tune unintental music in the background of the scene that wasn't planned or expected - These are "fair use" as they do not take away from the actual music work.

Take that scene cut from that Adams Family episode where Mortisha is sining a parody of "It's nice to have a man around a house" as "It's nice to have a thing around the house" - They CUT it on the DVD release (and mind us, it was on previous VHS and LD releases) IT'S BLOODY FREEKIN PARODY - which is protected by the consitution and fair use. http://en.wikipedia....Rose_Music,_Inc.

#182 of 193 JLKINSER

JLKINSER

Stunt Coordinator

• 158 posts

Posted August 05 2010 - 11:44 AM

Hey Paramount, it's August!!! Where is the exciting news for The Fugitive?????? PLEASE tell us that is it a Complete Series release WITH ALL the ORIGINAL music in place./img/vbsmilies/htf/banana.gif

#183 of 193 Sam Favate

Sam Favate

Producer

• 4,719 posts

Posted August 06 2010 - 12:17 AM

I'll settle for the Complete Season Four.

#184 of 193 Rick Thompson

Rick Thompson

Supporting Actor

• 792 posts

Posted August 08 2010 - 04:36 AM

Originally Posted by JLKINSER 

Hey Paramount, it's August!!! Where is the exciting news for The Fugitive?????? PLEASE tell us that is it a Complete Series release WITH ALL the ORIGINAL music in place.

Actually no. The news will be that all classic TV production is being halted so facilities can concentrate on the massive "Complete and Continuing Reporting, Interviews and Repartee of Julie Chen." According to sources, it tested great with CBS execs!

#185 of 193 Jack P

Jack P

Screenwriter

• 2,897 posts

Posted August 09 2010 - 03:53 PM

Take this bit of speculative information for what it's worth but I think its worth noting.    This whole flap over music replacement in "The Fugitive" started because of CBS/Paramount's paranoia over Capitol library cues because they supposedly had no way of knowing who the current rights holders to the Capitol library were.

In recent months fans of classic TV and movie soundtracks have been greeted to the news that a number of film and TV LP's originally released by Capitol are now going to be reissued on CD in limited editions.    It seems to me that if a couple small film music labels can learn who the rightsholders to the Capitol library are by this point, a company like CBS/Paramount should be able to have that figured out at last and *if* that is the case, then maybe the legal hurdle they were so worried about could be cleared for a *possible* reissue of everything done right.   At the very least we shouldn't have to worry about any replacement (I would think) for S4.

#186 of 193 WaveCrest

WaveCrest

Producer

• 4,074 posts

Posted August 23 2010 - 10:12 AM

TVShowsOnDVD have posted a new news article about the original Fugitive TV series, regarding the first volume of the fourth and final season. The URL link to the news article is below:

The Fugitive: Season Four: Volume One (Region 1) - TVShowsOnDVD.com news article

#187 of 193 derosa

derosa

Supporting Actor

• 719 posts

Posted August 23 2010 - 10:44 AM

Is the reference to "Composer Dominic Frontiere" a good sign?

#188 of 193 Doug Wallen

Doug Wallen

Supporting Actor

• 647 posts

Posted August 23 2010 - 11:17 AM

Originally Posted by derosa 

Is the reference to "Composer Dominic Frontiere" a good sign?

I hope so!

Doug

a:5:{s:9:"signature

#189 of 193 LeoA

LeoA

Supporting Actor

• 807 posts
  • LocationNorth Country

Posted August 23 2010 - 11:41 AM

No mention of music in what was released today sure doesn't seem like a good sign to me.

The people that are going to see something like that announcement are aware of the issues with this series and I would think if anything has been done to rectify past problems, they'd be letting us know early on.

#190 of 193 shadyguy

shadyguy

Stunt Coordinator

• 170 posts

Posted August 23 2010 - 11:59 AM

Did anyone know Season 4 was being released ?

This seemed to just come out of the blue !!

#191 of 193 Harry-N

Harry-N

Screenwriter

• 2,112 posts
  • LocationSunny Central Florida

Posted August 23 2010 - 12:03 PM

New thread for Season Four, Volume One:

http://www.hometheat...n-four-volume-1

Harry

My DVD Collection

A fugitive moves on, through anguished tunnels of time, down dim streets, into dark corners. And each new day offers fear and frustration, tastes of honey and hemlock. But if there is a hazard, there is also hope. - Closing narration to THE FUGITIVE, "Death Is The Door Prize".

#192 of 193 WaveCrest

WaveCrest

Producer

• 4,074 posts

Posted August 24 2010 - 09:50 AM

Originally Posted by Harry-N 

New thread for Season Four, Volume One:

Harry

I checked in this folder and the post I made was posted before this new thread was started. Announcement posts have been made in new threads in the past, when there were already existing threads.

#193 of 193 Harry-N

Harry-N

Screenwriter

• 2,112 posts
  • LocationSunny Central Florida

Posted August 24 2010 - 10:15 AM

Originally Posted by WaveCrest 

I checked in this folder and the post I made was posted before this new thread was started. Announcement posts have been made in new threads in the past, when there were already existing threads.

Yes indeed.  You did post in this thread before I made a new one. I just felt that an exciting new release like Season Four, Volume One deserved its own new thread, since this one is titled and is properly about Season Three, Volume Two.

I personally have no problem discussing the new release here, but it just seems more organized - and searchable for future reference - in its own thread.  I guess that's the Capricorn in me showing!

Harry

My DVD Collection

A fugitive moves on, through anguished tunnels of time, down dim streets, into dark corners. And each new day offers fear and frustration, tastes of honey and hemlock. But if there is a hazard, there is also hope. - Closing narration to THE FUGITIVE, "Death Is The Door Prize".

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users