What's new

YouTube Archive Interviews (1 Viewer)

smithb

Screenwriter
Real Name
Brad Smith
I don't know if this has been mentioned before but there are some great actors giving interviews that are available on YouTube.

I found this by chance. I had just finished watching both seasons of Hill Street Blues on DVD and saw the extra where many cast members talked together about the series. Daniel Travanti was not one of them so I checked online and came across this 4+ hour interview available on YouTube listed as an Archive Interview (it is broken into nine 30 minute segments). Afterwards I discovered that many classic TV actors have participated. I also figured out that if you use FireFox as a browser you can download the interviews for posterity.

So far I have downloaded: Daniel Travanti, Andy Griffith, Don Knotts, Dick Van Dyke, Elinor Donahue, and James Arness; and there are many more. These appear to have been done in the last decade with the actors in the twilight of their lives providing perspective on their entire careers and thoughts. While I haven't had time to watch much yet they look very interesting and could be a nice extra to have around based on the lack of extras we get with some DVD TV Show compilations.

Just go to YouTube and serach for Archive Interview to get a gist of who is available, or search for a favorite actor's name and "interview" so see what pops up. There are also some others from various show interviews from many years ago. I've never been much into YouTube but it seems to provide a nice alternative to building your own extras. How often do you get interviews lasting up to 4+ hours.

For easy and free download, just do a search for FoxFire Browser and install it. Next go to YouTube and find the video you want through FoxFire. Without actually playing the video, right click on it and select Download Videos from YouTube Link(s), it is that easy. With some additional software you can convert and merge the mp4 files to the DVD format.

People can share one's they discover for other to benefit.

Maybe I'm late to the game and this has already been talked about, but for those like me that didn't know it looks like another valuable resource.

shoeshineboy

Second Unit
Real Name
dan olson
Brad's got the better link -- i posted mine before checking his out. If you want to see the full list of interviews completed (but many are unavailable) my link will fill in the gaps...

DaveHof

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
David Hofstede
These are excellent. I especially enjoyed the interviews with Ricardo Montalban and Fred Rogers.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AlohaTiger
Recent bookmarks