What's new

pioneer SX-7? (1 Viewer)

bigtank

Auditioning
Real Name
grant
I have a pioneer SX-7, i want to know what everyone thinks about this receiver. Is it good/bad/ok?

Also i was wondering if i could hook up a sub to it. I thought that i might be able to route a sub through the tape rec RCA outputs.

Right now i have 2 bose interaudio 6000s running on it but i have 2 1977 bose 301s that i would rather run but they dont produce good enough low feq.

David Willow

Babbling Idiot
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
Sure you can add a sub. Get a sub with high level inputs and crossover (very common). You run the speaker wire from the receiver to the sub. The speakers get connected to the sub.

David Willow

Babbling Idiot
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
Grant,

Not sure why your other thread was closed, so I'll try to answer you question here....

For $500 I'd look at SVS. The PB10-NSD will work with your current setup or a new one.

For receivers, if you are happy with the one you have, there is no reason to get a new one (unless you need modern features for decoding blu-ray or routing HDMI cables). Now in your case, it seems the receiver was made in the early 80's (as least that's what I found with Google). Maybe it is time to replace it...

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks