Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

pioneer SX-7?

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 of 4 OFFLINE   bigtank

bigtank

Auditioning

• 13 posts

Posted September 06 2009 - 08:12 AM

I have a pioneer SX-7, i want to know what everyone thinks about this receiver.  Is it good/bad/ok?

Also i was wondering if i could hook up a sub to it.  I thought that i might be able to route a sub through the tape rec RCA outputs.

Right now i have 2 bose interaudio 6000s running on it but i have 2 1977 bose 301s that i would rather run but they dont produce good enough low feq.

#2 of 4 OFFLINE   David Willow

David Willow

Babbling Idiot

• 2,211 posts
  • LocationMechanicsburg, PA

Posted September 06 2009 - 08:24 AM

Sure you can add a sub.  Get a sub with high level inputs and crossover (very common).  You run the speaker wire from the receiver to the sub.  The speakers get connected to the sub.

I’m training to run a marathon for the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society, to raise life-saving funds to help those fighting blood cancers. Please help! See details and donation link here.

Dolby and DTS Plaques (downloads)
Audyssey Setup Guide

#3 of 4 OFFLINE   bigtank

bigtank

Auditioning

• 13 posts

Posted September 06 2009 - 03:34 PM

actually it is a SX-6 not SX-7, for some reason i was mistaken

#4 of 4 OFFLINE   David Willow

David Willow

Babbling Idiot

• 2,211 posts
  • LocationMechanicsburg, PA

Posted September 06 2009 - 04:00 PM

Grant,

Not sure why your other thread was closed, so I'll try to answer you question here....

For $500 I'd look at SVS.  The PB10-NSD will work with your current setup or a new one. 

For receivers, if you are happy with the one you have, there is no reason to get a new one (unless you need modern features for decoding blu-ray or routing HDMI cables).  Now in your case, it seems the receiver was made in the early 80's (as least that's what I found with Google).  Maybe it is time to replace it...

I’m training to run a marathon for the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society, to raise life-saving funds to help those fighting blood cancers. Please help! See details and donation link here.

Dolby and DTS Plaques (downloads)
Audyssey Setup Guide

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users