• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 of 4 bigtank

bigtank

• PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted September 06 2009 - 08:12 AM

I have a pioneer SX-7, i want to know what everyone thinks about this receiver.  Is it good/bad/ok?

Also i was wondering if i could hook up a sub to it.  I thought that i might be able to route a sub through the tape rec RCA outputs.

Right now i have 2 bose interaudio 6000s running on it but i have 2 1977 bose 301s that i would rather run but they dont produce good enough low feq.

#2 of 4 David Willow

David Willow

Babbling Idiot

• PipPipPip
  • 1,986 posts
  • LocationMechanicsburg, PA

Posted September 06 2009 - 08:24 AM

Sure you can add a sub.  Get a sub with high level inputs and crossover (very common).  You run the speaker wire from the receiver to the sub.  The speakers get connected to the sub.

#3 of 4 bigtank

bigtank

• PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted September 06 2009 - 03:34 PM

actually it is a SX-6 not SX-7, for some reason i was mistaken

#4 of 4 David Willow

David Willow

Babbling Idiot

• PipPipPip
  • 1,986 posts
  • LocationMechanicsburg, PA

Posted September 06 2009 - 04:00 PM

Grant,

Not sure why your other thread was closed, so I'll try to answer you question here....

For $500 I'd look at SVS.  The PB10-NSD will work with your current setup or a new one. 

For receivers, if you are happy with the one you have, there is no reason to get a new one (unless you need modern features for decoding blu-ray or routing HDMI cables).  Now in your case, it seems the receiver was made in the early 80's (as least that's what I found with Google).  Maybe it is time to replace it... /img/vbsmilies/htf/biggrin.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users