Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests to win things like this Logitech Harmony Ultimate Remote and you won't get the popup ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Need Your Advise on LG's LCD

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 of 3 lmhr

lmhr

Auditioning

• 1 posts

Posted September 02 2009 - 06:46 AM

Hi, everyone, I was wondering if you could give me a hand, here...

I was shopping for a 
Samsung LN40B650 40, but sudenly came across the new LG 42LH55 42.  I know 'in general', Samsung make a better TV. I've also read a few reviews about LG's 'grayish' blacks and what not. The thing here, is that I have a friend at LG that can give me such a price that I can save more than $250 dlls buying the LG vs the Samsung.

So my question to anyone who owns these LG or Samsung  models (or knows someone that does) is: Is the quality THAT much better that I should go ahead and spend the aditional $250?

thanks in advance for your time.

LM

#2 of 3 Ed Moxley

Ed Moxley

Screenwriter

• 2,701 posts
  • LocationEastern NC

Posted September 04 2009 - 12:10 AM

I'm not familiar with LG at all, but Samsung is supposed to be one of the best at showing SD (non-HD) channels. I have a 61" Samsung DLP, and the SD channels look pretty good, especially for such a big screen.
Good luck!

Samsung HL61A750 (LED DLP)            Onkyo TX-SR805
Oppo BDP-83 Blu ray                                  Polk Audio LSi9
Polk Audio LSiC                                  Sony SS-MB100H
SVS PC12-NSD (Sub)                       ...

#3 of 3 amacsteeze

amacsteeze

Extra

• 24 posts

Posted September 07 2009 - 07:39 PM

Normally, the samsung would be the better choice almost hands down in my experience. But if you can get yourself a slick deal on an LG like that then I would take it in a heartbeat.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users