Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Need Your Advise on LG's LCD

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
2 replies to this topic

#1 of 3 OFFLINE   lmhr

lmhr

Auditioning

• 1 posts

Posted September 02 2009 - 06:46 AM

Hi, everyone, I was wondering if you could give me a hand, here...

I was shopping for a 
Samsung LN40B650 40, but sudenly came across the new LG 42LH55 42.  I know 'in general', Samsung make a better TV. I've also read a few reviews about LG's 'grayish' blacks and what not. The thing here, is that I have a friend at LG that can give me such a price that I can save more than $250 dlls buying the LG vs the Samsung.

So my question to anyone who owns these LG or Samsung  models (or knows someone that does) is: Is the quality THAT much better that I should go ahead and spend the aditional $250?

thanks in advance for your time.

LM

#2 of 3 OFFLINE   Ed Moxley

Ed Moxley

Screenwriter

• 2,701 posts
  • LocationEastern NC

Posted September 04 2009 - 12:10 AM

I'm not familiar with LG at all, but Samsung is supposed to be one of the best at showing SD (non-HD) channels. I have a 61" Samsung DLP, and the SD channels look pretty good, especially for such a big screen.
Good luck!

Samsung HL61A750 (LED DLP)            Onkyo TX-SR805
Oppo BDP-83 Blu ray                                  Polk Audio LSi9
Polk Audio LSiC                                  Sony SS-MB100H
SVS PC12-NSD (Sub)                       ...

#3 of 3 OFFLINE   amacsteeze

amacsteeze

Extra

• 24 posts

Posted September 07 2009 - 07:39 PM

Normally, the samsung would be the better choice almost hands down in my experience. But if you can get yourself a slick deal on an LG like that then I would take it in a heartbeat.