Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests to win things like this Logitech Harmony Ultimate Remote and you won't get the popup ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Alfred Hitchcock Presents Season 4

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 of 12 Trevtpir

Trevtpir

Stunt Coordinator

• 70 posts

Posted August 31 2009 - 07:45 AM

Has anyone heard yet about Alfred Hitchcock Presents Season 4 DVDs yet?  I've been watching season 4 on Hulu and would love to have it on DVD?  There's even artwork for the release.  Is it close?

#2 of 12 TravisR

TravisR

Studio Mogul

• 21,440 posts
  • LocationThe basement of the FBI building

Posted August 31 2009 - 09:30 AM

Nothing more than a guess but since Universal feels the need to put them out around Halloween, I think the earliest we'll see it is October 2010.

#3 of 12 Bill:N

Bill:N

Stunt Coordinator

• 52 posts

Posted September 01 2009 - 09:06 AM

November 24th according to Classixflix:

http://www.classicfl...ason-a-569.html

#4 of 12 TravisR

TravisR

Studio Mogul

• 21,440 posts
  • LocationThe basement of the FBI building

Posted September 01 2009 - 10:19 AM

DVD Active is reporting the same thing. I'm happy to be wrong!

http://www.dvdactive...-presents4.html

#5 of 12 Rick Z.

Rick Z.

Stunt Coordinator

• 65 posts

Posted September 02 2009 - 03:17 AM

The following is a transcript from an email I got this morning announcing the fourth season of AHP:

Dear "Alfred Hitchcock" Fan,

Universal Studios Home Entertainment is pleased to announce the DVD release of "Alfred Hitchcock Presents: Season Four" on November 24, 2009.

Legendary, award-winning and suspenseful, "Alfred Hitchcock Presents" set the gold standard for all TV mystery series to come and has remained an indelible part of popular culture. And now, the complete fourth season – all 36 episodes – is available on DVD for fans to enjoy again and again. Join guest stars Steve McQueen (Bullitt), Bette Davis (All About Eve), Claude Rains (Casablanca), Cloris Leachman (Young Frankenstein), Roger Moore (The Spy Who Loved Me), Walter Matthau (The Odd Couple), Brian Keith (Family Affair), Elizabeth Montgomery (Bewitched), Art Carney (Harry and Tonto), Mary Astor (The Maltese Falcon), Barbara Bel Geddes (Dallas), Denholm Elliott (Raiders of the Lost Ark), Dick York (Bewitched), Leslie Nielsen (Airplane!) and more as they act in stories of intrigue and murder … all under the watchful eye of the Master of Suspense himself. Nominated for 15 Primetime Emmy® Awards, and winner of 3 Primetime Emmy® Awards plus the Golden Globe® for Television Achievement, there’s no question why this show remains one of the most beloved classic series ever made.

Thank you for your continued interest.

Sincerely,

Consumer Relations
UNIVERSAL STUDIOS HOME ENTERTAINMENT

Thank God that AHP S4 on Hulu wasn't an indicator of anything, after all !

#6 of 12 Joe Lugoff

Joe Lugoff

Screenwriter

• 2,002 posts

Posted September 02 2009 - 04:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick Z. 

Thank God that AHP S4 on Hulu wasn't an indicator of anything, after all !

I'm not sure what you mean by that ... ?  I guess I don't catch the point, because I'm not very familiar with Hulu.  Does an appearance on Hulu usually mean there won't be a DVD release of something?

#7 of 12 Craig Beam

Craig Beam

Screenwriter

• 1,678 posts

Posted September 02 2009 - 01:17 PM

YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  I'd pretty much written off more AHP releases.  Thanks, Universal!

#8 of 12 Trevtpir

Trevtpir

Stunt Coordinator

• 70 posts

Posted September 03 2009 - 05:28 AM

There we go!!  11-24-09.

#9 of 12 JoshuaB.

JoshuaB.

Second Unit

• 408 posts
  • LocationCowtown, formerly Vancouver

Posted September 03 2009 - 06:35 AM

Excellent news! I've been craving more AHP! Thanks, Universal--oh by the way, please don't make me wait another four years for Night Gallery S3! ;) 

#10 of 12 Powell&Pressburger

Powell&Pressburger

Screenwriter

• 1,093 posts
  • LocationMPLS, MN

Posted November 24 2009 - 04:31 AM

I have season 4 on hold at my local Barnes & Noble, can't wait to start watching this season. I just have to remember to not rush through it so fast. .. and yeah where is Season 3 of NIGHT GALLERY!? 

Posted Image

Stop the Replacing of original Studio Opening / Closing logos! They are part of film history.

Marantz SR7007
MartinLogan: ESL, Grotto i, Motif, FX2, Motion 15
Oppo BDP-103 LG BD550 Region Free 
Pioneer LD CLD-D505
Panasonic 65" TC-P65ZT60

#11 of 12 Hollywoodaholic

Hollywoodaholic

Edge of Glory?

• 1,223 posts
  • LocationSomewhere in Florida

Posted November 24 2009 - 06:22 AM

Just a heads up for anyone else interested in this set ... If you combine the Deep Discount 40% off sale ($27.99) with one of their $5 off coupon codes (FLNHEICBBA), you can get Season 4 for $22.95. That's what I did, and also received it a few days ago. The sale is good through November 29. And I'm very happy Uniiversal is continuing these releases.

#12 of 12 Powell&Pressburger

Powell&Pressburger

Screenwriter

• 1,093 posts
  • LocationMPLS, MN

Posted November 24 2009 - 03:54 PM

Noticed the back cover states 2008 Universal packaging and release. So this was due out last year and just delayed. Esp since the cover art kind of leaked out super early last year. 

Better late than never. I just hope the season sells decent enough. A lot of star power for sure this season. 

and these are single sided discs for those who may have been worried about flippers. :-) 

Stop the Replacing of original Studio Opening / Closing logos! They are part of film history.

Marantz SR7007
MartinLogan: ESL, Grotto i, Motif, FX2, Motion 15
Oppo BDP-103 LG BD550 Region Free 
Pioneer LD CLD-D505
Panasonic 65" TC-P65ZT60

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users