Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

2003 Honda CRV-How Much Can I Load?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
No replies to this topic

#1 of 1 OFFLINE   Johnny Angell

Johnny Angell

Producer

• 5,414 posts
  • LocationCentral Arkansas

Posted August 27 2009 - 05:35 AM

I volunteer for a humane group and on a weekly basis I order and pick up food for them.  It doesn't happen weekly, but at least once a month I load the CRV up with 50 25lb bags of cat food.  That comes up to 1250 lbs!  The Honda lowers a little, but not a lot in the suspension and I can feel that the car is driving "heavy".  The load is distributed evenly throughout the back of the Honda (back seets folded up).

The manual says the maximum load is 850lbs.  That includes occupants and cargo.  any mechanics here with an opinion on just how strict that maximum is?  I do drive careful, don't tailgate, takes turns slowly.

Johnny
www.teamfurr.org
But a family cat is not replaceable like a wornout coat or a set of tires. Each new kitten becomes its own cat, and none is repeated. I am four cats old, measuring out my life in friends that have succeeded but not replaced one another.--Irving Townsend