What's new

What old shows haven't lost any actors? (1 Viewer)

JanuaryMan

Agent
Real Name
Robert
I can only think of One Day at a Time and Facts of Life as pre-1980 shows where all the main actors are still living. Others?

MatthewA

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matthew
I Spy
The Monkees
The Partridge Family
Police Woman
The Six Million Dollar Man
Quincy, M.E.
The Hardy Boys/Nancy Drew Mysteries
Taxi (edit: incorrect)

MatthewA

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matthew
Thanks. I forgot about Andy Kaufman. I don't know how that slipped my mind. Maybe I thought his death was a practical joke he was (and still is) playing.

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
Airwolf
Magnum pi (unless you count Jeff MacKay, who was only a semi-frequent guest star)
Quantum Leap

Working for Bellisario is good for your health.

kbrooks190

Grip
Real Name
kbro190
How about the total opposite? Hawaii Five-0, I think everyone is about gone except for Dano.

JohnMor

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Moreland
The Girl with Something Extra (1973-74). All regulars are still alive: Sally Field, John Davidson, Zorha Lampert and Jack Sheldon. Not a classic, but it's old.

I had thought The Flying Nun qualified, but then I found out Alejandro Rey passed away.

Rob_Ray

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rob Ray
Unless one of the kids met an untimely demise, then the entire cast of "Please Don't Eat the Daisies" should still be around. Even the neighbor, Shirley Mitchell, is still with us. There are supporting players such as Ned Glass who are long gone, but if I'm not mistaken, the entire cast of the opening credits should still be with us, unless we're including the dog. (He *was* credited...)

MatthewA

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matthew
The original season 1 cast of Knots Landing just barely makes the pre-1980 qualification by virtue of its December 27, 1979 premiere date. No deaths there.

Now let's flip this around: How many shows from the 1970s or later have the most deceased cast members?

Gimme A Break!
has already lost: Nell Carter, Dolph Sweet, John Hoyt, Jane Dulo, Howard Morton, Pete Schrum, and Rosetta LeNoire. Also worth mentioning is Lynne Thigpen, although she only appeared in a handful of episodes as Nell's sister, but she died two months after Nell Carter and one month after Pete Schrum.

Half the cast of The Golden Girls is now gone, even if you include recurring characters: Bea Arthur, Estelle Getty, and Herb Edelman.
Three's Company has lost John Ritter, Norman Fell, Audra Lindley, and Don Knotts.

From The Jeffersons, gone are Isabel Sanford, Roxie Roker, Franklin Cover, Mike Evans, Paul Benedict, and Zara Cully.

JanuaryMan

Agent
Real Name
Robert
At least five Hill Street Blues actors have died - Michael Conrad, Robert Prosky, Kiel Martin, Trinidad Silva and Rene Enriquez.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kisanwiki
Recent bookmarks