-

Photo
- - - - -

Saturday Night Live - Season 35 premiering Sept. 26

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
119 replies to this topic

#1 of 120 OFFLINE   RyanAn

RyanAn

Screenwriter

• 1,523 posts

Posted August 22 2009 - 01:14 PM

It's been confirmed that Megan Fox will be hosting the premier episode of the 35th season of Saturday Night Live!!!

Here's some info on the cast members I stole from en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Saturday_Night_Live_(season_35)

• Fred Armisen appeared on Late Night With Jimmy Fallon in July. During which Jimmy Fallon mentioned the season premiere date for SNL, which Fred mentioned as well. It can be inferred that Fred will return this season.
  • Abby Elliott confirmed she would be coming back. [6]
  • Will Forte will return, according to an article from Mediaite.com [7]
  • Bill Hader confirmed his return to SNL in an article by Kate Hogan for People.[8]
  • Seth Meyers has been confirmed to return as head writer and anchor of Weekend Update.[9]
  • Bobby Moynihan confirmed his return to SNL in an interview with Matt Cohen from Bagged & Boarded.[10]
  • Andy Samberg confirmed his return to SNL in July 2009 during an interview at Comic Con.[11]
  • Kristen Wiig appears with Meyers in the preview for the 2009-10 season of Weekend Update Thursday.[12]

Unconfirmed Cast

With the first SNL film since what, The Ladies Man, in production in MacGruber, Will Forte will hopefully have his big mainstream break. Kristen Wiig I think is becoming the top castmember, being in tons of features as well Bill Hader and Andy Samberg also being in criticially acclaimed films over the last couple of years. I definately hope Jason Sudeikis and Kenan Thompson remain cast members, Jason is a funny guy and Kenan definately has a wide range of hilarious characters and uniquely funny impressions. Plus, I've liked him since I was about 7 or 8.

#2 of 120 OFFLINE   RyanAn

RyanAn

Screenwriter

• 1,523 posts

Posted September 02 2009 - 04:40 PM

Everyone, please calm down with all your postings... There's enough to go around. ;0

Here's some good news that I stole from http://m.perezhilton...ail/blog/64892/

" Saturday Night Live will be adding at least two new female members to its cast this season!

The rumored lucky ladies include local El Lay actress Nasim Pedrad and New York comedian Jenny Slate.

NBC and Lorne Michaels are keeping hush-hush about any new casting, but that is norm for Lorne as he tends to wait till the final hours to confirm or deny arrivals and departures on the show.

Are U excited for the new season of SNL?"

Nasim appears to be the first Iranian-American castmember and she's a UCB alumni!!!

http://www.niacounci...d=1490&Itemid=2

#3 of 120 OFFLINE   AnthonyC

AnthonyC

Screenwriter

• 2,341 posts

Posted September 03 2009 - 09:41 AM

You had me at Megan Fox. ;)

I really hope Darrell doesn't come back but according to an interview he's in negotiations. He really needs to get out of there. Will and Seth have worn out their welcome too, but at least they haven't been there for more than a decade. Of the unconfirmed ones, Michaela's the only one I really want back.

I know Jenny Slate from those VH1 "I Love the __s" type shows...not a fan.

#4 of 120 OFFLINE   Josh Dial

Josh Dial

Screenwriter

• 2,590 posts

Posted September 05 2009 - 06:23 AM

http://ausiellofiles...-by-snl-firing/

You are not going to be happy, then, Anthony, as reports are coming out that both Michaela Watkins and Casey Wilson have been fired from SNL.

#5 of 120 OFFLINE   AnthonyC

AnthonyC

Screenwriter

• 2,341 posts

Posted September 05 2009 - 07:28 AM

/img/vbsmilies/htf/frown.gif

Quote:
The only explanation I got from him — and he’s not known to say things just to make people feel better — was that he felt deep down that I should have my own show.

So basically, she was fired because she was too good for SNL? I'll agree with that but it's kind of ass-backwards.

#6 of 120 OFFLINE   mattCR

mattCR

Lead Actor

• 9,998 posts
  • LocationOverland Park, KS

Posted September 05 2009 - 08:56 AM

It's just the typical breakup move "It's not you, it's me, you're just too good for me.."

trakt.tv

Ask Me about HTPC! (Threads in HTPC / PMs always responded to)

This signature is povided by MediaBrowser 3 Trakt Plugin: Media Browser 3

#7 of 120 OFFLINE   Hanson

Hanson

Producer

• 4,440 posts

Posted September 06 2009 - 06:33 AM

Not a big fan of Casey, not too sad to see her go.  A shame about Micheala, she was pretty funny, but I suspect she was let go to make way for younger, hotter female cast members.  I'm expecting some questionable wardrobe decisions this year.

#8 of 120 OFFLINE   RyanAn

RyanAn

Screenwriter

• 1,523 posts

Posted September 08 2009 - 04:29 PM

Biiiiitch, pleeeeze!

I have to admit that I'm very upset with these firings. Is it budget cuts like a few years ago? Is it an effort to weed down the cast to make more time for each member?

Yes, Darrel can do a good Donald Trump and Dick Cheney, but I for one eck out loud when he makes his first appearance 2 sketches from the last. I've liked him for years, but dangit.

Casey - I understand a little - she's not really had that many original characters, but she does a fantastic Rachel Ray and I got to rewatch her Katy Perry last Saturday and it was'nt that bad.

As for Ms. Watson - it's an utter shock. She is too damn funny for her own good. Maybe she's being overshadowed by the  amazing Kirsten Wiig, it's entirely possible. It's just lame that SNL can't have TWO amazing standouts who happen to be female at the same time. I'll watch whatever show she lands on.

#9 of 120 OFFLINE   todd s

todd s

Lead Actor

• 6,904 posts

Posted September 10 2009 - 02:57 PM

Their is a report that Casey Wilson was fired because she didn't loose 30lbs over the summer.   I kid you not. 
Bring back John Doe! Or at least resolve the cliff-hanger with a 2hr movie or as an extra on a dvd release.

#10 of 120 OFFLINE   RyanAn

RyanAn

Screenwriter

• 1,523 posts

Posted September 11 2009 - 09:02 AM

I heard that as well Todd, it's almost unbelievable. Could she sue? It sounds terrible.

Kinda reminds me of her former SNL castmate Kirsten Wiig in Knocked Up...

Katherine:are you saying you want me to loose weight

Guy: No, no, no. Legally we can't say that.

Kirsten:Tighter, tighter.

#11 of 120 OFFLINE   ThomasC

ThomasC

Lead Actor

• 6,526 posts

Posted September 11 2009 - 09:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by todd s View Post

Their is a report that Casey Wilson was fired because she didn't loose 30lbs over the summer.   I kid you not. 
http://www.cnn.com/2....fat/index.html

Quote:
 Casey Wilson is laughing off reports that she was fired from "Saturday Night Live" for being too fat.

#12 of 120 OFFLINE   Hanson

Hanson

Producer

• 4,440 posts

Posted September 11 2009 - 12:16 PM

Quote:
"And to clarify, the issue isn't that I'm too fat, it's that I'm too phat. Can I get a WHAT-WHAT!" 

I believe it's material like this that led to her dismissal.

#13 of 120 OFFLINE   RyanAn

RyanAn

Screenwriter

• 1,523 posts

Posted September 11 2009 - 04:37 PM

Tonight Bill Hader was on The Tonight Show when Conan comfirmed that a new up and coming Irish band intitled, "U2" will be the musical guest on the season premiere on the 26th.

Oh, and remember that THIS Thursday SNL Thursday Update will be premiering! I can't wait!

Kinda funny that currently "Biiiitch Pleeeze" is on the main page:

http://www.nbc.com/S...day_Night_Live/

#14 of 120 OFFLINE   RyanAn

RyanAn

Screenwriter

• 1,523 posts

Posted September 21 2009 - 04:10 PM

PerezHilton.com is "reporting" that Madonna will be the musical guest sometime this season

Only 5 days until the premiere!

#15 of 120 OFFLINE   Patrick Sun

Patrick Sun

Studio Mogul

• 37,782 posts

Posted September 26 2009 - 01:49 AM

It appears that U2 is tonight's musical guest for the season premiere for SNL tonight with host Megan Fox.

"Jee-sus, it's like Iwo Jima out there" - Roger Sterling on "Mad Men"
Patcave | 2006 Films | 2007 Films | Flickr | Comic-Con 2012 | Dragon*Con 2012

#16 of 120 OFFLINE   Patrick Sun

Patrick Sun

Studio Mogul

• 37,782 posts

Posted September 26 2009 - 06:24 PM

New cast member Jenny Slate drops the F-bomb on her first night on the show tonight:

"Jee-sus, it's like Iwo Jima out there" - Roger Sterling on "Mad Men"
Patcave | 2006 Films | 2007 Films | Flickr | Comic-Con 2012 | Dragon*Con 2012

#17 of 120 OFFLINE   xfile94

xfile94

Stunt Coordinator

• 98 posts

Posted September 27 2009 - 12:43 AM

I heard that and was amused--what really upset me was U2's choice of songs. I love their music, but 2 non-singles and one song from the Achtung Baby era?
Just my opinion, but I've seen much better.

#18 of 120 OFFLINE   Malcolm R

Malcolm R

Executive Producer

• 11,611 posts
  • LocationVermont

Posted September 27 2009 - 02:11 AM

Gotta be one of the worst season premieres ever.

The purpose of an education is to replace an empty mind with an open mind.

#19 of 120 OFFLINE   Scott McGillivray

Scott McGillivray

Supporting Actor

• 852 posts

Posted September 27 2009 - 02:38 AM

Haha...yeah I caught that F-bomb...had to rewind it to make sure.  Poor girl...not a great start to an SNL career!

I was also disappointed in the U2 song choice.  I mean, they have dozens of top hits to choose from!  Ah well...the boys still sounded great.

Nothing else too interesting on the show.  Ms. Fox is one of the hottest women in Hollywood, yet with different hair and makeup she was merely luke-warm (in appearance) in many skits.

Scott A. McGillivray
Vancouver, B.C.

Struggling Actor and Movie Nut!
(Check out my profile on IMDB!)http://www.imdb.com/name/nm1425496/

#20 of 120 OFFLINE   Hanson

Hanson

Producer

• 4,440 posts

Posted September 27 2009 - 02:48 AM

I'm not one of those people who complains about how SNL "used to be funnier" (I roll my eyes at the thread shitters who seem compelled to point exactly which cast was the last good cast) so I say this as someone who loves the show and looks forward to it every week:

That was colossal suckage.

Really?  You had the entire summer and that was it?  I assume most of the rejected skits started with the premise, "Megan, you're a hot chick who stands around looking pretty", because most of the aired ones started exactly that way. 

The umpteenth Wayne's World reboot was stunningly unfunny, although stunning is the operative word -- here's a higher quality version of the f-bomb goof:

Posted Image

I could go skit by skit and denote which ones sucked, but a blanket, "it sucked" saves a lot of typing.  Judy Grimes may be more impressive than funny, but it was the only Weekend Update highlight.  Bladdivan commercial was a little funny.  Live Lounge had a few yucks.  The Transformers Digital Short had a coupe of yucks.  The rest of it was forgettable garbage.

You know, Michael Phelps was a total stiff as a host, but at least last year's premiere didn't feature the laziest writing this side of Family Matters.

Oh, and I love U2, but I haven't listened to any of their post-Pop albums.  I skipped their performances.

And oh yeah, Megan Fox's Marilyn Monroe forearm tattoo?  Distracting and a bit nauseating.