What's new

HTF DVD REVIEW: SUPERFRIENDS THE LOST EPISODES (1 Viewer)

Timothy E

Reviewer
Real Name
Timothy Ewanyshyn

SUPERFRIENDS: THE LOST EPISODES

Studio: Warner Brothers
Year: 1983
Rated: Not Rated
Film Length: 172 minutes
Aspect Ratio: 1.33:1
Audio: English Mono,
Portuguese Mono
Subtitles: English, French, Portuguese

Release Date: August 11, 2009
The Series
(:star::star: out of :star::star::star::star::star: )
The Superfriends was Hanna-Barbera Studios' cartoon version of the Justice League of

America. It ran on ABC-TV on Saturday mornings from 1973 through 1983. After its

cancellation in 1983, ABC brought back the Superfriends in 1984 and it lasted for

another 2 seasons before its final cancellation in 1986. The cancellation by ABC came

as a surprise to Hanna-Barbera since the series was so popular in foreign markets.

As a result, the 8 new half hour episodes produced for the 1983-1984 season never

aired on ABC, although these "lost" episodes did air at the time in Australia and other

overseas markets. Although the package art for this set announces "24 episodes on 2

discs", there are actually 8 half hour episodes consisting of 3 different stories in each
episode.

David Rain

Screenwriter
Real Name
Dave
I haven't watched these shows in years so I'm wondering if all of the Super Friends (& the other similarly named shows) eps are now on DVD or is there still something missing ?

younger1968

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
paul young
i believe 1973 superfriends has not been released. I am very interested in this series.

Corey3rd

Screenwriter
Real Name
Joe Corey
forgot the middle one:

actually it's three series that haven't been released: the '73 series, World's Greatest Super Friends from '79 which was 8 half hours and the batch of 42 shorts that ran from 80-81 that make up 14 twenty one minute episodes.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks