Dexter Season 4 (1 Viewer)

mattCR

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt
Coming soon to showtime.
Here's what we know (without too many spoilers)

* Dexter is now a new dad
* (fmr) Agent Lundy, now retired, is back in town, following up a case that has slipped through his clutches a few times.
* Rita is hotter then ever ;)

Premieres in September. Looking forward to it in glorious HD!

Lou Sytsma

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Lou Sytsma
Looks like a return to form this season from the slightly less enjoyable third season. Dexter and John Lithgow's character should make for quality drama.

Saw the first season 4 episode already and can't wait to see the next one.

mattCR

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt
Absolutely brilliant kick off for the season. This show almost never dissappoints. Season 2 is still probably my favorite... started out slow but ended with one of the most brisk 5 episode run that just had you waiting on your chair for the next one.. this has all the feeling of that.

phil-w

Stunt Coordinator
I just got caught up in the last week, started with the Blu-ray's of season one about a month ago, and devoured the first three seasons. I absolutely love this show, and am really looking forward to watching the 4th season evolve.

Dheiner

Gazoo
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Dhein
Nobody?

Well, my 2 cents worth:
I don't like the way the writers are handling Dex with the new baby. Maybe I'm insensitive, but if my work on murder cases (and murders) is suffering, mommy's getting up with the baby, not me.
Also, the Sarge and the LT? Really?

Mikah Cerucco

Senior HTF Member
That seems to describe "dad" as a voluntary position you can squeeze in when you have time. I don't remember if Rita still works, but she certainly is the primary caregiver. It's not too much to ask the dad to shoulder some of the load. Despite his personality issues, Dexter seems to get this. They've come to a division of labor they're both agreeable to, and Dexter was just living up to his end -- though perhaps going a bit further. Still, given his own fatherhood issues, I'm not surprised at all that he's making being a "good dad" a priority.

The question is... is Dexter capable of loving his child? It seems to me sometime last season, we saw Dexter experience genuine emotion, but I can't recall.

MarkMel

Senior HTF Member
He's going to be experiencing fear if he can't find all the pieces/parts that went flying when he rolled his car.

ScottH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Hanson
Originally Posted by mattCR

* Rita is hotter then ever ;)
And more annoying than ever!

Decent premiere. Looks to be an improvement over season 3 (big disappointment to me). Although I think I've had my fill of John Lithgow bare ass. Also, it seems the writers tried too hard to give Dexter an antagonist in Quinn (to replace Doakes). The whole thing just seemed really forced to me.

mattCR

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt
It was great to see Dexter try to run around and put all the pieces together. When he finally realized where the guy went.. classic stuff.

And deb's mouth is as great as ever :)

Stan

Senior HTF Member
Great show, wish I'd come across it sooner, just always an HBO guy, but switched to Dish this summer and they had a deal for Showtime, so got a chance to start watching this. They showed two episodes a week and I'm just about to the end of season 2, so got a ways to go to catch up.

Looking forward to see how he deals with Doakes (he just found Dexter's blood slides in the AC and is in Haiti) and the Lila problem.

Not worried about reading spoilers since I'm two years behind, hope to be caught up in month or so. Nice to see there are still some familiar characters in the current season, didn't expect Lundy or Rita to still be there.

ChristopherG

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chris
Dexter is one of the best shows on television, bar none in my opinion. Still haven't finished Season 3 so haven't remotely looked into season 4, but I can't wait!

mattCR

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt
Lundy is not in S3. But returns in a big way this season... and Rita takes a turn I like (others hate) in S3 as the beard of sorts ;)

mylan

Screenwriter
Originally Posted by mattCR

It was great to see Dexter try to run around and put all the pieces together. When he finally realized where the guy went.. classic stuff.

And deb's mouth is as great as ever :)

Put the pieces together.....wow there's a pun in there somewhere!

mattCR

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt
Well, there is something to be said about not being a vandal in Dexter's neighborhood. Great scene there. And Jennifer Carpenter is still great in her role. Really good stuff.

I'm wondering how Rita reacts next week to the punching out of the lights.

Lou Sytsma

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Lou Sytsma
Wonder what was in that vial that Lithgow's character dipped his finger in and then draw a short line beside the body? Is it of import because no one noticed it at the crime scene?

The next victim is to be a male? Could it be end up being Lundy?

Walter Kittel

Senior HTF Member
I believe the substance in the vial was the ashes of a loved one (his mother?). He did return the powder in the vial to an urn during his ritual.

- Walter.

ScottH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Hanson
Also noticed how he took his glove off to make that mark on the ground. Wouldn't that leave a print?

I'm liking this season so far. A big step up from last season IMO.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks