Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Kung Fu: The Legend Continues in Germany?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
9 replies to this topic

#1 of 10 OFFLINE   PaulaJ

PaulaJ

Supporting Actor

• 586 posts

Posted August 11 2009 - 07:35 AM

Could anyone tell me if this is an official release of Kung Fu: The Legend Continues, season one, in Germany?

http://www.amazon.de/gp/product/B002KKKAB2/ref=s9_simz_gw_s0_p74_t1?pf_rd_m=A3JWKAKR8XB7XF&pf_rd_s=center-2&pf_rd_r=1507BD0D4S0SZ846DK23&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_p=463375173&pf_rd_i=301128

It's on the German Amazon site.  However, the artwork looks very crude.  But perhaps they haven't gotten the official artwork yet.  If it is official.

Thanks.

PaulaJ

#2 of 10 OFFLINE   Mark Talmadge

Mark Talmadge

Screenwriter

• 2,379 posts

Posted August 11 2009 - 07:49 AM

Paula, here is a hint:

Studio: Warner Home Video

Studios will often release their movies or television shows in markets where it'll sell better. Since it hasn't been released in the United States, Warner Brothers may have simply decided to release it in Europe where they have a better indication that it will sell better in Europe.

Also, european countries always list the rating on their releases. See the "16" in the blue square? That's the rating for what ages the release is intended for.

More than likely? It's an official release.

#3 of 10 OFFLINE   PaulaJ

PaulaJ

Supporting Actor

• 586 posts

Posted August 12 2009 - 01:15 AM

Thanks, Mark.  I did think it was official for all the reasons you name, plus it was on an actual Amazon site. But I wanted some confirmation because there are so many bootlegs out there.

David Carradine has a lot of German fans -- they will be jumping up and down for joy that they get an official release.  Meanwhile, we Region 1 fans will continue to sulk. :)
PaulaJ

#4 of 10 OFFLINE   cajunhillbilly

cajunhillbilly

Screenwriter

• 1,754 posts

Posted August 12 2009 - 04:07 AM

I would order it but the price is outrageous after you add in almost $20 for shipping that the German Amazon will add on.  I will keep watching my "alternate" set thanks.

#5 of 10 OFFLINE   Mark Talmadge

Mark Talmadge

Screenwriter

• 2,379 posts

Posted August 12 2009 - 04:42 AM

Cajun, that is very bad advice you are offering.

Of course you are going to pay more for shipping. After all, you are ordering "International" and you never think about shipping when ordering "International Shipping." This is the only way to purchase a legal copy of this set.

You never factor in the shipping costs when deciding if a DVD you want to order is worth it.

#6 of 10 OFFLINE   WendyCR

WendyCR

Stunt Coordinator

• 63 posts

Posted August 13 2009 - 02:20 PM

I have ordered international DVDs through Amazon UK and the prices did not seem that bad with shipping. But maybe Amazon.de is higher.

But a good question to ask is if there is an English track on this set if people are considering ordering the series there. Don't some countries dub besides using subtitles, etc.?

#7 of 10 OFFLINE   cajunhillbilly

cajunhillbilly

Screenwriter

• 1,754 posts

Posted August 13 2009 - 10:24 PM

the UK Amazon charges a lot less than the German Amazon for shipping.  I have used both and prefer amazon uk to the German Amazon for that reason.

#8 of 10 OFFLINE   Mark Talmadge

Mark Talmadge

Screenwriter

• 2,379 posts

Posted August 14 2009 - 04:49 AM

yeah .. 

#9 of 10 OFFLINE   todd s

todd s

Lead Actor

• 6,923 posts

Posted August 17 2009 - 01:36 PM

Hopefully, if true.  We might see this released in the US....Or at least Canada.  
Bring back John Doe! Or at least resolve the cliff-hanger with a 2hr movie or as an extra on a dvd release.

#10 of 10 OFFLINE   Jeff Jacobson

Jeff Jacobson

Screenwriter

• 2,116 posts

Posted August 18 2009 - 03:16 PM

The listing specifies "Sprache: Deutsch, Englisch, Französisch".  I think that means there is an English audio track.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WendyCR 

But a good question to ask is if there is an English track on this set if people are considering ordering the series there. Don't some countries dub besides using subtitles, etc.?