What's new

Muliple Dishes at once? (1 Viewer)

amacsteeze

Grip
Real Name
Alex MacDonald
Hello all,

My question is; can I simultaneously use two satellite dishes at once? The situation I have is that I am moving out and wish to set up a sat dish at my new place whilst using my parents subscription (to bell expressvu in canada). According to Bell, you can only use one dish at a time, but is it even possible for them to track and find that out if both my parents and I are using both under the same subscription?

I understand this answer may vary depending on company and location; but any help or advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance,
Alex M

bhaijan

Auditioning
Real Name
Naeem
I believe they can because a few years ago when the free fta sat signals were being hacked, Bell n DN would send signals to burn the cards in the stb-s [satellite boxes]. This was later replaced by newer systems, where instead of a card you used a code, called a Bin. The Providers then changed the codes to the bins and the coders hacked the codes and came out with new bins; this hobby went on for a few years until very recently the Providers changed to N3 [Nagra3]....and the coders have been so far unable to hack into it.
They [the Provider] will find out and they may either burn yr box or ask u to pay but they may most probably use the former to the latter.
This is my opinion, since it is Their box and They know the codes, unlike fta boxes where they have no contol [except changes bins]. But I definitely expect more discussions from others who may know more on this subject.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation822
Recent bookmarks