Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

How do I determine what Video card my iMac has?

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 of 3 OFFLINE   Eric_L

Eric_L

Screenwriter

• 1,994 posts

Posted August 10 2009 - 01:23 AM

I have been trying ofr years to get VM Fusion working on my iMac with no luck.   I just found out that it is incompatible with ATI Radeon video 3D drivers.   I have looked and looked but cannot find anything which would tell me just what is inside my iMac box.    I'd rather not crack it open - so can anyone tell me if there is anything in the OS which would describe the video card?

#2 of 3 OFFLINE   Craig S

Craig S

Producer

• 5,629 posts
  • LocationLeague City, Texas

Posted August 10 2009 - 02:10 AM

Click on the little apple symbol at the top left of the Mac menu. Select the first entry, "About This Mac". This brings up a dialog box with the OS version, etc. Click on the "More Info..." button at the bottom of the dialog. This brings up a little app called System Profiler which has detailed info on the hardware and software in your system. Look under the "Contents" column on the left. You should see "Graphics/Displays" under the "Hardware" section. Click on this, and all the details on your graphics subsystem, including vendor, chipset and ROM version, will appear on the right.

System Profiler can also be launched from the Utilities folder under Applications.

Three truths about movies, as noted by Roger Ebert:

* It's not what a movie is about, it's how it is about it.
* No good movie is too long, and no bad movie is short enough.
* No good movie is depressing, all bad movies are depressing.

#3 of 3 OFFLINE   Eric_L

Eric_L

Screenwriter

• 1,994 posts

Posted August 10 2009 - 09:38 AM

Found it!  Thanks.   As i feared;   ATI,RadeonHD2600

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users