What's new

All in the Family (S1-6) Re-Released (1 Viewer)

Mark Talmadge

Senior HTF Member
It looks like Sony is re-releasing All in the Family Seasons 1-6 in new packaging on September 1st. The new packaging is basically in standard DVD packaging with those flipper pages, insert pages, similar to those found with similar releases such as the recent 24 Season 7 and the Family Ties Season 1-5.

Check out the releases here:

All in the Family

There's also the possibility that Sony is prepping Season 7, only time will tell.

David Rain

Screenwriter
Real Name
Dave
There's no real point to them doing this. Most of the people who wanted the releases bought them the first time around. Unfortunately not enough of them it seems. Otherwise we might have had quicker release schedules and might have already been done with the entire series by now.

Does anyone think they should skip ahead to a complete series set ?

Mark Talmadge

Senior HTF Member
They won't do a complete series set just yet. With Bewitched and I Dream of Jeannie complete, I'm hoping that Sont finishes these other shows like All in the Family.

imadkhuri

Grip
Real Name
Imad Khuri
Actually Sony is re-releasing the first 6 seasons of AITF with smaller packaging and pricing for those who haven't bought the sets, hoping to warrant later seasons.

Imad
Originally Posted by David Rain

There's no real point to them doing this. Most of the people who wanted the releases bought them the first time around. Unfortunately not enough of them it seems. Otherwise we might have had quicker release schedules and might have already been done with the entire series by now.

Does anyone think they should skip ahead to a complete series set ?

JohnMor

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Moreland
My contact in TV-on-DVD at Sony said in February that they had "no plans for AITF for the foreseeable future." Then he was promptly laid off in April. So who knows if things are changing.

MatthewA

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matthew
Originally Posted by David Rain ">[/url]

Does anyone think they should skip ahead to a complete series set ?[/QUOTE]Why not? It went over so well with fans of [i]The Mary Tyler Moore Show.

Mark Talmadge

Senior HTF Member
First, Imad, that's what I posted in the first topic.

Second, Mr Obsolete, do your research first. Amazon has Season 5 of the Mary Tyler Moore Show available for Pre-Order:

http://www.amazon.com/Mary-Tyler-Moore-Show-Complete/dp/B0011N19HI/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1249938362&sr=8-1

The Obsolete Man

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Originally Posted by Mark Talmadge

First, Imad, that's what I posted in the first topic.

Second, Mr Obsolete, do your research first. Amazon has Season 5 of the Mary Tyler Moore Show available for Pre-Order:

http://www.amazon.com/Mary-Tyler-Moore-Show-Complete/dp/B0011N19HI/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1249938362&sr=8-1
I know, which is why I said "anything past season 5". We know season 5 is coming. 6 and 7... not so much.

Anyway, back to AITF... If these new pressings can bump sales to get us the rest of the series, great. It would be nice to see those unreleased pilots as extras at some point in the future...

Mark Talmadge

Senior HTF Member
I think you're jumping the gun a bit. You cannot make the judgment that Season 6 and 7 won't be released when Season 5 was just put on the release schedule. That's like saying Jag Season 10 won't be released. Your statement was really an unfair and biased comment.

Now, if it had been a year since the last release and no new information had been announced, I could see why you would make that statement.

The Obsolete Man

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Originally Posted by Mark Talmadge

I think you're jumping the gun a bit. You cannot make the judgment that Season 6 and 7 won't be released when Season 5 was just put on the release schedule. That's like saying Jag Season 10 won't be released. Your statement was really an unfair and biased comment.

Now, if it had been a year since the last release and no new information had been announced, I could see why you would make that statement.
It may be unfair and biased, but MTM has failed to get sales twice, which has led to the DVD line being put on hiatus. I don't see what, besides Oprah, would make season 5 any different.

But, that's neither here nor there.

Anyway, I wonder if Sony would take a gamble on the rest of Archie Bunker's place if AITF ever wrapped up?

Mark Talmadge

Senior HTF Member
I think that's besides the point. You're making a statement that has no ground in truth. While you seem to be upset over MTM, the truth is, it's actually being released whereas AitF isn't. Since Season 5 has been announced to be released, you cannot say that Season 6 and 7 won't be released since the studio has no way of knowing how sales of Season 5 are going to do.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks