Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

TCFHE Press Release: Ally McBeal: The Complete Series

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 of 8 OFFLINE   Ronald Epstein

Ronald Epstein

Studio Mogul

• 43,003 posts

Posted August 07 2009 - 10:27 AM

Ronald J Epstein
Home Theater Forum co-owner

Click Here for the latest/hottest Blu-ray Preorders  Click Here for our complete Blu-ray review archive

Click Here for our complete 3D Blu-ray review archive Click Here for our complete DVD review archive

Click Here for Blu-Ray Preorder Release Schedule  Click Here for forum posting rules and regulations

#2 of 8 ONLINE   TravisR

TravisR

Studio Mogul

• 23,601 posts
  • LocationThe basement of the FBI building

Posted August 07 2009 - 02:22 PM

Just to repeat, "Featuring All Its Original Music"

#3 of 8 OFFLINE   The Obsolete Man

The Obsolete Man

Screenwriter

• 1,374 posts
  • LocationTruth or Consequences, New Mexico

Posted August 07 2009 - 02:29 PM

Well... first off, how the hell did they manage that?

Second... is there any way this could mean anything but all the music that was originally in the broadcast version of the show is still there?

Third... I'll wait for the reviews, but if this comes out completely intact as the press release says it is... I guess I'll replace my R2 set.

#4 of 8 OFFLINE   TV_Fan

TV_Fan

Second Unit

• 304 posts

Posted August 07 2009 - 02:55 PM

They must have high expectations for this set to have all original music and be charging the price they're charging.  I'm definitely not complaining, just surpised. 

#5 of 8 OFFLINE   Eve Brown

Eve Brown

Stunt Coordinator

• 140 posts

Posted August 07 2009 - 04:27 PM

wow all the original music if thats really the case am buying and replacing my r2 sets

#6 of 8 OFFLINE   Elena S

Elena S

Supporting Actor

• 529 posts

Posted August 08 2009 - 05:21 PM

I'll believe this when I see it. All original music intact for that price? If they can do it, why can't other shows? It's unbelievable to me that the clearance costs for this show weren't astronomical.

#7 of 8 OFFLINE   MatthewA

MatthewA

Lead Actor

• 6,687 posts
  • LocationSalinas, CA

Posted August 08 2009 - 05:41 PM

They must have had lots incriminating photos of lots of songwriters.

Fox should be commended for this. I sincerely hope it sells well.

Enough is enough, Disney. No more evasions or excuses. We DEMAND the release Song of the South on Blu-ray along with the uncut version of Bedknobs and Broomsticks on Blu-ray. I am going to boycott The Walt Disney Company until then. And while you're at it, PLEASE stop dropping DVD/laserdisc extras from Blu-ray releases of other films.

#8 of 8 ONLINE   TravisR

TravisR

Studio Mogul

• 23,601 posts
  • LocationThe basement of the FBI building

Posted August 09 2009 - 05:35 AM

Originally Posted by Elena S 

I'll believe this when I see it. All original music intact for that price? If they can do it, why can't other shows? It's unbelievable to me that the clearance costs for this show weren't astronomical.

It could be that they had licensed the broadcast and video rights to alot more songs as the series went on so they didn't have to go back and 're-license' as much music as it appears.

Like Matthew said, I certainly hope this sells well because Fox deserves a reward for getting all the music. Plus, I hope it will help convince other studios to take similar risks when it comes to spending money on licensing music for shows.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users