What's new

Charlie's Angels Season 5, Any News? (1 Viewer)

Mark Talmadge

Senior HTF Member
I'm contemplating on picking up Charlie's Angels Season 1-3 from Amazon. They currently have Season 1($13,49), Season 2 ($15.99) and Season 3 ($13.99) and will probably pick up Season 4 in a week or two. However, I'm wondering when the final Season will be released, Season 5. I would hope that the last season would be released quite soon.

younger1968

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
paul young
I agree with you Mark! I have not bought the other season, because i get frustrated with the releases, especially buying the first season then having to wait for the other seasons to be released. I have several shows that i have only one season: 1. The Rookies 2. Benson 3. Silver Spoons 4. One Day at a Time

It is the aforementioned reason that i have been curbing my spending to what has already been released. I wanted to buy Hotel and Early Edition in July, but, I held off until i get news that more of the seasons are going to be released. I am still buying dvds, in fact, I have order Adam-12, The Simpsons #12 and Simon & Simon #3.

younger1968

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
paul young
I agree as well! I remember when starsky and hutch was released there was a huge delay in the final season being released or like 2/3 years.

DVD ReleasesSony Pictures Home Entertainment has released all 4 Seasons on DVD in Regions 1 and 2.

DVD NameEp #Release datesRegion 1Region 2The Complete 1st Season23March 2, 2004March 15, 2004The Complete 2nd Season25July 20, 2004July 19, 2004The Complete 3rd Season23March 15, 2005February 28, 2005The Complete 4th Season22October 17, 2006February 13, 2006
Maybe that can package the set with the chewing cards that were released in the late 1970s.

Mark Talmadge

Senior HTF Member
Well, I broke down and ordered the first three seasons from Amazon. Even at that price, those sets are well worth it. Final cost? $44. I'll pick up the fourth season in about a week.

Ron Lee Green

Screenwriter
No news on season 5, yet. The good news is that season 5 is a short season because of the writer's strike, so they could easily fit all 16 episodes on 4 discs. I'm feel confident that Sony will release it soon. That way, they can repackage the discs into a complete series boxed set.

Mark Talmadge

Senior HTF Member
I'll have my Charlie's Angels sets by the end of next weel so I'm happy. All I need to do is pick up Season 4. ;)

gookieface

Auditioning
Real Name
Craig
I have been holding back as well after I purchased seasons one and two. Why? 1) I hate that we purchase these season sets only to upgrade to full series sets. I think that it's a waste of money, even though I know they gauge interest by the purchase of these season box sets. 2) I was bothered that Season 2 of Charlie's Angels were the SYNDICATED versions of "Angels in Paradise" and "Angels on Ice". I think that the loyal fans deserved the unedited and full-length versions.

younger1968

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
paul young
I was more in love with Charlie's Angels 1-3 season. I lost interest after Kate Jackson left and Shelly Hack and Tanya Roberts came along.

I had a crush on Jacklyn Smith and i guess she was main reason why i like brunettes. I also remember the trading cards that had a puzzle on the back of them.

I think we may need to wait until July, but, i am not holding my breath with this release of season #5.

Neil Brock

Senior HTF Member
Why would you have any hopes of seeing this? Sony is apparently out of the classic TV on DVD business and has been for quite some time. I'd love to share the optimism but I don't see where it's coming from.

LeoA

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Leo
This isn't a show I'm interested in, but checking TVShowsonDVD.com shows that season 4 was released just 5 months ago. So it doesn't appear they've left the marketplace entirely. I'd say there's still hope for season 5 next summer assuming season 4 performed well.

Originally Posted by Neil Brock

Why would you have any hopes of seeing this? Sony is apparently out of the classic TV on DVD business and has been for quite some time. I'd love to share the optimism but I don't see where it's coming from.

bricsa

Auditioning
Real Name
Brian
I completely agree with you, it's so frustrating. Yesterday, I found a channel on Roku - and also online - called "Crackle." They have the second season of Benson, which I've also been waiting for forever, along with many other series of the past...how they got it, I don't know. Nobody else does, my favorite place to check is: TVShowsOnDVDcom --- if it shows it's been released, I run the gamut of places: Netflix (which looks like they've adopted an austerity posture with old TV series), my library, IMDB (links to Hulu and Fancast/Xfinity), and now Crackle. If one's desperate, there's a place I come across from that appears to tape shows off of TV overseas, like China or close, then resells them in the U.S. market -- TVDVDMania.com -- another that seems similar, but I haven't ordered from them, is DVDHunters.com -- the first has the entire Benson series. The latter's website didn't work for me, their search gave me a Google search instead of a search of their site. I noticed their prices are higher, probably because few can use their website, and their help is presently offline?

Jon Baker

Second Unit
I hope that season 5 will be released. I favored Tanya Roberts over Shelley Hack, and the last season had some memorable episodes.

Too bad about the syndicated episodes. Were the complete versions ever release anywhere on vhs? I only have Season One with Farrah. I'll have to pick up Seasons 2-4.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks