What's new

Monolith Found on Mars (1 Viewer)

Steve Christou

Long Member
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Christou
It was only a matter of time... [cue Thus Spake Zarathustra] [/url]
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-1204254/Has-mystery-Mars-Monolith-solved.html

Ruz-El

Fake Shemp
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Russell
Oh my! First the face, now this!

Did the robot things (as they are technically known as) they sent up there find any organic material that hinted of life? I didn't think they did.

Steve Christou

Long Member
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Christou
[squints] I think it's a building... maybe a skyscraper or shopping center. This object might be all that was left of a sprawling metropolis until disaster struck and everything was wiped out. The Martians must have gone underground, probably in huge caverns where Martian intellects vast and cool and unsympathetic, regard our Earth with envious eyes, slowly and surely drawing their plans against us....

Matt^Brown

Supporting Actor
Originally Posted by Steve Christou

[squints] I think it's a building... maybe a skyscraper or shopping center. This object might be all that was left of a sprawling metropolis until disaster struck and everything was wiped out. The Martians must have gone underground, probably in huge caverns where Martian intellects vast and cool and unsympathetic, regard our Earth with envious eyes, slowly and surely drawing their plans against us....
I think you are correct and this is the door to the elevator shaft leading down into the caverns.

Cees Alons

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cees Alons
Golden-eyed they were....

I think it's the top of a church. Apparently a Catholic church. Bad news for those of us not belonging to that congegration...

But then again, it looks like the dust around it is still relatively recently disturbed. So perhaps it simply fell down from one of our many probes.

Cees

Bob Graz

Supporting Actor
I have sharpened the image a bit and its clearly the start of a new Walmart. There go the Martian and pop shops. Damn that Walmart...

drobbins

Screenwriter
Real Name
Dave
Originally Posted by TonyD

your post is blank?
gormo01 knew the true identity of the monolith and was about to reveal it to the world right here on HTF, but he was abducted before he could.

It looks to me like it is the top of a large pyramid and the rest is buried under the sand.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation239
Recent bookmarks