What's new

Mysterious AV Receiver Shutdown (1 Viewer)

JoeJones

Auditioning
Real Name
Joseph Jones
Gear (all new) : DirecTV HD DVR (HR23/700) / Pioneer AV Receiver (VSX-1019AH-K) / Panasonic HDTV (TC-L37G1)

Connections: All HDMI (HD DVR > AV Receiver > TV)

Issue: The Pioneer and Panasonic codes were entered into the DirecTV remote and it controls everything just fine except for one mysterious thing. When I attempt to turn the system on using the DTV/TV Power button on the DirectTV remote - the TV, HD DVR and AV receiver turn on but then a couple of seconds later, the AV receiver shuts down. Of course, I can turn it back on again but do not understand what's causing this. By the way, when I want to turn everything off, the DTV/TV Power button on the DirecTV remote turns all of the equipment off just fine.

Any ideas or suggestions would be sincerely appreciated.

mgconnection

Auditioning
Real Name
MARK
HELLO
IHAD THE SAME PROBLEM WITH THE PIONEER 819AH OR K CAN'T REMEMBER. I THOUGHTN I HAD HOOKED SOMETHING UP WRONG. LONG STORY SHORT YOU HAVE A BAD RECIEVER. TOOK MINE BACK AND GOT THE PIONEER 1019AH EVERYTHING IS WORKING FINE.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks