Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

LET'S MAKE A DEAL To Replace GUIDING LIGHT on CBS

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 of 4 OFFLINE   rockinricky

rockinricky

Stunt Coordinator

• 72 posts

Posted August 03 2009 - 05:51 PM

Yep, that's right. The first new daytime network game show in 15 years. Well, not exactly 'new' but the return of a classic with Wayne Brady hosting.

apnews.excite.com/article/20090803/D99RJCJG0.html

The show will be taped in Vegas.

www.tvsquad.com/2009/08/03/does-wayne-brady-have-to-choke-a-critic-the-lets-make-a-deal-p/

Starting October 5.

#2 of 4 OFFLINE   MatthewA

MatthewA

Lead Actor

• 6,733 posts
  • LocationSalinas, CA

Posted August 04 2009 - 06:12 AM

What's the old saying: The Lord never turns off a light without opening a door, or something like that? 

In all seriousness, I hope this does well. It should unless the production company mangles it beyond recognition.

Enough is enough, Disney. No more evasions or excuses. We DEMAND the release Song of the South on Blu-ray along with the uncut version of Bedknobs and Broomsticks on Blu-ray. I am going to boycott The Walt Disney Company until then. And while you're at it, PLEASE stop dropping DVD/laserdisc extras from Blu-ray releases of other films.

#3 of 4 OFFLINE   Greg_S_H

Greg_S_H

Executive Producer

• 15,157 posts
  • LocationNorth Texas

Posted August 04 2009 - 09:47 AM

Well, I liked the show when Hall led it, and I like Wayne Brady.  I guess this means Don't Forget the Lyrics is a goner.  Dang.

#4 of 4 OFFLINE   Regulus

Regulus

Screenwriter

• 2,440 posts

Posted August 04 2009 - 02:39 PM

I once read an article about the original show where they had an incident where one of the "Zonk" Prizes was actually worth MORE than "The Big Deal of the Day" (Which in those days was usually a New Car such as a Chevy Impala). A Contestant had the misfortune of choosing a curtain with the "Zonk" Prize, which was a Conestoga Wagon. (AKA "Prairie Schooner".)  Contestants were offered "Reasonable" Substitutions for these gags (I believe about $100.00 at the time - 1960s) however this contestant ran a Day-Camp for Kids, and he figured the kids would love to have this wagon to play in. Then it was found out the wagon was the real deal, and it had been on loan from a California Museum, which had it insured for $25,000.00! (Nearly 5 times what a Luxery Car went for in those days!). They ended up giving the Man the Money.

DVD Collection Inventory: TV Episodes: 40,524    :biggrin:   ( 855 Series )  :biggrin:   Movies: 2,543 :biggrin:  Serials : 78 :B) (1201 Chapters) :B) Documentaries: 500 :B)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users