Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

What complete series sets are being released this year?

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 of 6 OFFLINE   Bryan^H

Bryan^H

Screenwriter

• 2,999 posts

Posted August 02 2009 - 10:37 AM

I remember hearing a rumor about the complete series of St. Elsewhere being released this year.  I'd buy it in a heartbeat, but it doesn't look like it's going to happen.

Anyone know what complete series sets are being released this year(including series that lasted only one season).

housekeeping 2.jpg

"She always does that, she just wanders away"

#2 of 6 OFFLINE   David Rain

David Rain

Screenwriter

• 1,112 posts

Posted August 02 2009 - 08:35 PM

I've been wondering if or when we might see complete sets for Frasier, Cheers, Golden Girls, 3rd Rock From The Sun, etc. Some shows seem to finish their run on DVD and just never make it to a complete series set for some reason.

Still Turning the Beat Around at Our Cool New Pad

Retro Remixes

#3 of 6 OFFLINE   Mr. Papagiorgio

Mr. Papagiorgio

Stunt Coordinator

• 75 posts

Posted August 02 2009 - 09:24 PM

G.I. Joe, Transformers, Allie McBeal, Farscape, Battlestar Galactica, and It's Garry Shandling Show have or will have complete series sets released this year.

#4 of 6 OFFLINE   Gary OS

Gary OS

Producer

• 4,627 posts

Posted August 03 2009 - 05:14 AM

As late as the end of last year we were hearing about a complete "RIFLEMAN" set coming sometime in '09.  I'm a bit doubtful at this point, since the source of info seems to have dried up and no one can get any more details.  But boy it would have been a great set, assuming the prints would have been solid.

Gary "can't think of too many things, at least not complete sets I'd be interested in other than the one I mentioned above" O.

"Do not challenge supernatural unless armed with sword of truth"
                                             ...CHARLIE CHAN AT TREASURE ISLAND

#5 of 6 OFFLINE   David*P

David*P

Supporting Actor

• 983 posts
  • LocationUtah

Posted August 04 2009 - 08:15 PM

Rumor hath it that "Bewitched" is going to see a Complete Series set release here in the US by the end of the year. I'm hoping that it's just not a repackage of the discs that have been released, or if it is, they fix the couple episodes that need to be corrected (ie the Ben Franklin episodes) and add a disc of extras.

The Bewitched History Book by David L. Pierce ties in the events of the 60s with each episode 
and breaks down each episode in depth along with rare trivia, photos, and reviews!

Available now at BearManorMedia.com and Amazon.com in both paperback and hardback!

Book%2Bcover%2Bsmallest.JPG

#6 of 6 OFFLINE   Kenneth V

Kenneth V

Stunt Coordinator

• 227 posts

Posted August 05 2009 - 08:49 AM

I'm waiting to hear what the complete series set will be from Time-Life.  Hopefully there is one. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users