-

Photo
- - - - -

ADAM WEST NAKED ... a first?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
13 replies to this topic

#1 of 14 OFFLINE   DeWilson

DeWilson

Screenwriter

• 1,983 posts

Posted July 30 2009 - 07:29 PM

ADAM WEST! ADAM WEST! ADAM WEST!

So is the first time an Actor on a classic tv show has 'self-published' a video auto-biography of their time on their show? 

#2 of 14 OFFLINE   Charles Ellis

Charles Ellis

Screenwriter

• 1,890 posts

Posted July 31 2009 - 12:28 AM

Well,considering the lengthy fights over rights to the show which are preventing a DVD release, Adam West is doing the next best thing.  After all, he is getting on in years and is smart enough to realize that he may not even be around if the show is ever released.  So,this way he can give his detailed commentary of all of the episodes.  This looks like a must-buy for all of us Batman fans!
Bring "The continuing story of PEYTON PLACE" home on DVD: the one that started it all- from Dallas and Dynasty to Desperate Housewives and Gossip Girl!!! Starting this May, see the legendary saga starring Mia Farrow, Ryan O'Neal, Barbara Parkins, and Oscar-winner Dorothy Malone on DVD thru...

#3 of 14 OFFLINE   Sam Favate

Sam Favate

Producer

• 4,861 posts

Posted July 31 2009 - 12:28 AM

When word leaked a year or so ago that West was discussing all the episodes, it was thought to be extras for a release of the 1966 show. Cheers to him for taking matters into his own hands and putting this together, since the studios seem content to squabble into eternity.

#4 of 14 OFFLINE   MattSav

MattSav

Stunt Coordinator

• 86 posts

Posted July 31 2009 - 07:49 AM

Anyone know how this is being handled?  Are these true audio commentaries that we'd sync up with the TV shows ("riff-trax" style) or would these be on-screen video intros to the episodes?  Given that there are 120 episodes of the show and only two discs, I can't imagine each video segment would be more than five minutes long or so (or perhaps the video intro would address both half-hours of a two-parter at once). 

#5 of 14 OFFLINE   dhammer

dhammer

Second Unit

• 308 posts

Posted July 31 2009 - 12:13 PM

Yes, I must own. Adam is wonderful to put this out. I guess he figures it's now or never and the fans have wanted it. Well, our Batman has done all he could to give us what we want. Curse those quarreling rights holders.

#6 of 14 OFFLINE   DeWilson

DeWilson

Screenwriter

• 1,983 posts

Posted July 31 2009 - 09:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattSav View Post

Anyone know how this is being handled?  Are these true audio commentaries that we'd sync up with the TV shows ("riff-trax" style) or would these be on-screen video intros to the episodes?  Given that there are 120 episodes of the show and only two discs, I can't imagine each video segment would be more than five minutes long or so (or perhaps the video intro would address both half-hours of a two-parter at once). 

They are not ment to be intros,or riff-tracks or anything, but just Adam sitting around and talking about each episode/story. All presented with just the right touch of Adam's Humor :)

Here's a preview ... 

http://www.66batman....?num=1219639585

#7 of 14 OFFLINE   MilesH

MilesH

Stunt Coordinator

• 67 posts

Posted August 07 2009 - 06:44 PM

There are many things I can go through life without seeing and seing Adam West naked is one of them.

#8 of 14 OFFLINE   TVsofa77

TVsofa77

Auditioning

• 5 posts

Posted August 07 2009 - 08:32 PM

is that true?

#9 of 14 OFFLINE   David Deeb

David Deeb

Supporting Actor

• 845 posts

Posted September 23 2009 - 06:13 AM

Did anyone pick this up?

Any feedback or reviews?

(what a shame the Batman series series doesn't get officially released on DVD w/ commentaries)

#10 of 14 OFFLINE   dhammer

dhammer

Second Unit

• 308 posts

Posted September 23 2009 - 09:04 AM

Yes I did buy and watch it. For Batman 1966 fans this is a must. Adam is always amusing and endearing. Adam doesn't get too specific about any episodes. It seems like he is doing it off the cuff without much preparation. There are a number of points that he doesn't seem to remember correctly. He injects a lot of personal remembrances.

For those of us lamenting the never-ending legal fiasco of trying to get the Batman tv show on dvd, this is a wonderful but, in some ways, sad. This show deserves a big studio release. This is always one of the top requested shows on dvd. I could see a big, splashy set like, Man From Uncle, Get Smart, Land of Giants with interesting packaging and extras.

#11 of 14 OFFLINE   JamesSmith

JamesSmith

Supporting Actor

• 841 posts

Posted September 23 2009 - 09:20 AM

I picked it up as well, and enjoyed it. I did wish he could have shown and explained more about some of the Bat art that showed up on one wall when he was talking. It was a cell of one of the Batman animated series where he voiced the Caped Crusader. Again, you didn't get a close look at it, but I wish more of that Bat art could have been seen.

Also,I would have liked some more commentary about his work in the Bat-cartoons and subsequent conventions he attended. Any memorable stories there would have been great to hear.

Overall I enjoyed the DVD's, but it was mostly due to Adam's personality.
James

#12 of 14 OFFLINE   DeWilson

DeWilson

Screenwriter

• 1,983 posts

Posted September 23 2009 - 11:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhammer 

Yes I did buy and watch it. For Batman 1966 fans this is a must. Adam is always amusing and endearing. Adam doesn't get too specific about any episodes. It seems like he is doing it off the cuff without much preparation. There are a number of points that he doesn't seem to remember correctly. He injects a lot of personal remembrances.
That's the best part of this whole thing - Adam off the cuff :) Besides,at 80 years old,I wouldn't expect him  to remember everything correctly since it has been over 40+ years.

Would be great if other classic tv starts did this - consitering some of the studios 'cheep out' on extras and give no interviews or commentaries.

#13 of 14 Guest__*

Guest__*

Posted September 23 2009 - 12:16 PM

This is both great and sad. Great that Adam cares, sad that the rights holders don't care. They care, but more about making money from the series than about producing something.

I love Adam West and Batman 66 was one of my favourite shows growing up, but I haven't been tempted to watch 120 episodes of it until i heard of this news... Adam commentaries on each episode might just be the ticket to inspire me to watch all 120 episodes when they eventually come out. They'd be mad not to include his videos with them.

#14 of 14 OFFLINE   German Ramirez

German Ramirez

Agent

• 26 posts

Posted September 23 2009 - 08:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeWilson 

They are not ment to be intros,or riff-tracks or anything, but just Adam sitting around and talking about each episode/story. All presented with just the right touch of Adam's Humor :)

Here's a preview ... 

http://www.66batman....?num=1219639585

I had imagined him sitting by a fireplace masterpiece theater style but that is awful and a little sad. No thanks.

"Who knows what evil lurks in the hearts of men? The Shadow knows!"