What's new

Adam 12 Season 3 (1 Viewer)

Brent Avery

Supporting Actor
Not much has been happening while fans of this show await the third season from Shout! so I thought I would kick off it's release by adding that I now have a copy - somewhat early - and will give an update later today on the overall quality of the set. I had forgotten all about the series until I spotted some where I usually shop. I won't deny it is great to get it before release date ( Aug. 9 ).

Edited by Brent Avery - 7/29/2009 at 01:02 am GMT

LeoA

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Leo
Its not due to the 11th and is already available on store shelfs? Guess I'll keep a eye out for a copy then, wasn't expecting it for two weeks.

BobSchneider

Second Unit
Cool I found a excellent pre release price with free shipping on DDD hopeful the video capture quality is some what better than s2 (serviceable but not great C+). Adam 12 was one of my favorite shows as a kid growing up in the 70's. I was shocked who well the vast majority of the episodes in s1 and s2 held up and are fun to watch. Its boat loads better than this season god awful nbc revamp "Southland" blech . I'm look forward getting my copy around the august 11th. Till then ......1 adam 12 no want or warants on lincoln X ray Ida 483.... 1 and 12 a 415 fight group with chains and knives...... .

jim_falconer

Screenwriter
Looking forward to your review. Hopefully, Shout! has done a better job on transferring season 3, than they did on season 2.

Originally Posted by Brent Avery

Not much has been happening while fans of this show await the third season from Shout! so I thought I would kick off it's release by adding that I now have a copy - somewhat early - and will give an update later today on the overall quality of the set. I had forgotten all about the series until I spotted some where I usually shop. I won't deny it is great to get it before release date ( Aug. 9 ).

Edited by Brent Avery - 7/29/2009 at 01:02 am GMT

RickER

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Rick
I got mine on order. Cant wait. I just hope we dont have to wait a year (?) for the next season to show up.

BobSchneider

Second Unit
Hmmmm I still waiting for mine , now I remember I havent bought any from DDD in a while they use last class parcel post for there free shipping hopefully I see before christmas

Jeff Willis

Senior HTF Member
I also ordered this from DD this week. They showed in my order that it wasn't in stock earlier this week. The rest of my order shipped yesterday but not Adam 12.

I rarely order from DD anymore but their price on the Donna Reed Show S2 was considerably lower than Amazon's price which was surprising to me. I've also noticed that DD's prices have dropped a little overall lately. I remember when they used to consistantly beat Amazon's pricing a few years ago before I switched to using Amazon for most orders.

The Obsolete Man

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Mine is on the way from Amazon.

The major reason I put it in with an Amazon order is because that Warner Brothers documentary is Amazon exclusive right now, so I figured I'd kill two birds with one stone.

But, from the looks of things, no one actually has their copy yet?

I miss the good old days of last year... my Amazon orders would be sitting on my door step on the release date. Wonder what happened?

Jack P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jack
I got my S3 on the release date. Transfers look fine, but there are no extras this time out. I would have really wanted to hear Martin Milner do one for "Elegy For A Pig."

This is now the only title from Shout! I will ever buy.

Jeff Willis

Senior HTF Member
Originally Posted by Jack P

I got my S3 on the release date. Transfers look fine, but there are no extras this time out. I would have really wanted to hear Martin Milner do one for "Elegy For A Pig."

This is now the only title from Shout! I will ever buy.
Jack,

Thanks for the info on the transfers. Mine (S3) shipped from DD today.

Curious about your Shout! experiences, why the only set from them?

Jack P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jack
Mostly because I don't approve of how they handled the "Ironside" and "Bill Cosby Show" situations, and their shoddy work on "Rhoda" (which I'll never buy) was the final straw. Maybe I'd get "Patty Duke" someday but only second hand at a cheap price so I never have to give them any business. I just don't like the way they run their operation, and the fact that they over-commit to new titles while giving the shaft to those of us who bought other titles they've now abandoned after jerking us around with assurances that they weren't abandoned.

Jeff Willis

Senior HTF Member
Thanks for the feedback on your Shout! takes. Can't argue with you on your points. I don't have the Ironsides or the others you mentioned but I heard about the problems with those sets from posts here.

From my take on Shout!, it tends to be a mixed bag for me. I don't know what to expect from them with these sets. After S1 of Father Knows Best, they seemed to have got their act together with that show's release.

I was disappointed with "Room 222" regarding the transfer Q. It's hard for me to watch those eps with the non-remastered (assumed) 16mm syndicated prints.

Bottom line for me with Shout! is that I require online reviews and 1st-hand feedback from friends here before buying a set, with my exception being Adam 12 since that's one of my favorite shows of the era. I'm early into viewing S2 of that show and it looks like the transfers for S2 aren't as good as the S1 set but watchable for me.

I will say that imo, Shout! tries to "get it right" and listens to customer feedback from my perception of them.

BobSchneider

Second Unit
Originally Posted by Jack P

Mostly because I don't approve of how they handled the "Ironside" and "Bill Cosby Show" situations, and their shoddy work on "Rhoda" (which I'll never buy) was the final straw. Maybe I'd get "Patty Duke" someday but only second hand at a cheap price so I never have to give them any business. I just don't like the way they run their operation, and the fact that they over-commit to new titles while giving the shaft to those of us who bought other titles they've now abandoned after jerking us around with assurances that they weren't abandoned.
Amen brother I was burned by shout on Ironside too and this is the only show in the last year that Ive had any interest in that I willl buy from shout. I'll be super shocked if the release s4 of adam 12 one can only hope

vnisanian2001

Supporting Actor
Originally Posted by Jeff Willis

I was disappointed with "Room 222" regarding the transfer Q. It's hard for me to watch those eps with the non-remastered (assumed) 16mm syndicated prints.
None of the episodes were edited syndicated versions.

The Obsolete Man

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Actually, I think the reason that the kinda crappy looking 16mm prints were used was because they were complete and unedited.

It's possible that better looking prints would have been edited for syndication.

Anyway, got Adam 12 today. The lack of extras is a bummer, but after the three year wait between season 1 and 2, any further episodes is a cause for joy.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation233
Recent bookmarks