Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests to win things like this Logitech Harmony Ultimate Remote and you won't get the popup ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Question for anyone familiar with Atlanta airport

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 of 7 Ronald Epstein

Ronald Epstein

Studio Mogul

• 38,636 posts

Posted July 22 2009 - 02:20 AM

Hola!

Going to be arriving at Atlanta airport in the near future, meeting friends
arriving on another flight at another terminal.

We are going to have a car service picking us up at one of the terminals.

Here is the question....

I will be arriving at the Continental terminal.

Is there a quick way to go from the Continental baggage claim over to
the Delta baggage claim where I will be meeting my friends and car service?

I would guess the best way is to get on the train that goes from terminal
to terminal.  However, I hope I don't have to go through security again in
order to access that train.

Any assistance that you can provide would be appreciated.

Ronald J Epstein
Home Theater Forum co-owner

gallery_269895_23_10043.jpg Click Here for the latest/hottest Blu-ray Preorders gallery_269895_23_1316.jpg Click Here for our complete Blu-ray review archive

gallery_269895_23_773.jpg Click Here for our complete 3D Blu-ray review archive gallery_269895_23_992.jpgClick Here for our complete DVD review archive

gallery_269895_23_7246.jpg Click Here for Blu-Ray Preorder Release Schedule gallery_269895_23_3120.jpg Click Here for forum posting rules and regulations

#2 of 7 Steve_Tk

Steve_Tk

Screenwriter

• 2,833 posts

Posted July 22 2009 - 02:33 AM

Atlanta's airport is actually fairly easy in that regard.  There are not terminals on seperate sides of the aiport, like at other locations. 

Look at this:  http://www.google.co...snum=5&ct=image

When you land, you don't land at a continental "terminal", you will land at one of the concourses, could be anything from T-E, but E is usually international (I've landed there on domestic flights many times before).  If you land at E, don't try to walk to the Terminal North/South, it's over a mile.  Just ride the train to baggage, When you get off the train walk up the escalator (You will see all the families waiting behind security line here).  Turn right to go to contenentals baggage (blue side), grab your bags (you will be in what is Terminal north), then turn around and walk the other direction to terminal south (red side), which is the delta side.  You will see the Delta baggage ahead of you and directly beyond that is the doors where the car service/taxis/pickup is.  It's not a far walk from that side to the Delta side. 
Edited by Steve_Tk - 7/22/2009 at 02:46 pm GMT

#3 of 7 Ronald Epstein

Ronald Epstein

Studio Mogul

• 38,636 posts

Posted July 22 2009 - 04:21 AM

Steve,

Greatly, greatly appreciate the help.  Seems easier than I had anticipated.

Ronald J Epstein
Home Theater Forum co-owner

gallery_269895_23_10043.jpg Click Here for the latest/hottest Blu-ray Preorders gallery_269895_23_1316.jpg Click Here for our complete Blu-ray review archive

gallery_269895_23_773.jpg Click Here for our complete 3D Blu-ray review archive gallery_269895_23_992.jpgClick Here for our complete DVD review archive

gallery_269895_23_7246.jpg Click Here for Blu-Ray Preorder Release Schedule gallery_269895_23_3120.jpg Click Here for forum posting rules and regulations

#4 of 7 Patrick Sun

Patrick Sun

Studio Mogul

• 37,597 posts

Posted July 22 2009 - 04:22 AM

I think Delta has almost the entire South side concourses at Hartsfield-Jackson, since ATL is the main hub for Delta.  So, all other carriers ends up on the North side concourses.

Steve is correct in that once you find your way to your plane's baggage claim area on the north side, it's about 100 yards (I'm guessing) to get to the Delta baggage claim area on the south end.

"Jee-sus, it's like Iwo Jima out there" - Roger Sterling on "Mad Men"
Patcave | 2006 Films | 2007 Films | Flickr | Comic-Con 2012 | Dragon*Con 2012

#5 of 7 Steve_Tk

Steve_Tk

Screenwriter

• 2,833 posts

Posted July 22 2009 - 07:16 AM

Patrick is right.  But you still will be riding the same train, regardless if you are on the north or south end of the concourse (and appears you will be on the north side). 

#6 of 7 Patrick Sun

Patrick Sun

Studio Mogul

• 37,597 posts

Posted July 23 2009 - 04:39 AM

I mistyped about the North and South concourses, I meant to convey that the South side of the airport is basically all Delta, while the North side is almost everything but Delta in terms of ticketing counters, self-check-in terminals, and baggage claim.

Once you check your bags in (or get your boarding pass) at either end of the airport, then you walk to the center area and look for the escalator and ride it down to the train level, and from there you ride the train to the proper concourse (which will entail another escalator ride up to the concourse level itself) that has your airplane's boarding gate. 

Of course, if you are flying into the airport, you reverse the itenerary, get off the plane at the gate, walk towards the escalator to get to the train, and ride the train to the point where it tells you that is the stop for baggage claim, transportation, etc.  Once you ride the escalator up (it's a long escalator ride), you'll get dumped to the center of the airport, and that's where you'd head to the North side to pick up your luggage, and then backtrack and head to the south end to meet your friend (as Steve stated in his initial reply).

"Jee-sus, it's like Iwo Jima out there" - Roger Sterling on "Mad Men"
Patcave | 2006 Films | 2007 Films | Flickr | Comic-Con 2012 | Dragon*Con 2012

#7 of 7 Kevin Hewell

Kevin Hewell

Screenwriter

• 1,930 posts

Posted July 23 2009 - 01:05 PM

Plus, the escalators are at the center of the concourses.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users