What's new

Cinema Guild DVDs (1 Viewer)

PeterKelly

Agent
Real Name
Peter Kelly
Hey Guys,

Just wanted to start a threat for DVDs released by The Cinema Guild and to update everyone on what is coming out and what is already out. After New Yorker Video went under, Cinema Guild launched its own Home Video line, moving over its titles that were previously available through New Yorker. Since then, we have begun distributing Project X titles (who also used to be through New Yorker).

Upcoming:
THE STATE I AM IN (July 28) First film for rising German Director Christian Petzold
THE BETRAYAL (September 1) Academy Award Nominated 2009 Best Documentary Feature.

Previous:
THE UNFORESEEN - Robert Redford and Terrence Malick produced this ISA winning doc
THE ORDER OF MYTHS - ISA winning doc about the origin of Mardi Gras
YELLA - Christian Petzold's film inspired by Carnival Of Souls
ALEXANDRA - Famed Russian director Alexander Sokurov's tale of a Grandmother on the warfront

In addition all Peter Watkins' films from Project X and their entire back catalog is now back in print.

We have many great film coming to DVD over the next year, and I hope to keep you all updated on what we have in store... from the latest documentary from Agnes Varda to the newest mumblecore work of Andrew Bujalski.

Karl R

Stunt Coordinator
I'm looking forward to your re-release of PRIVILEGE (the one Watkins I missed the first time around)...though I'd almost prefer a DVD of the forlorn faces of the Amazon marketplace/eBay vultures who are about to see their "OOP" New Yorker prices plummet.

PeterKelly

Agent
Real Name
Peter Kelly
PRIVILEGE is already being shipped back out to stores, all the discs will be exactly the same as well (same stock). Amazon for some reason has yet to put the title back in stock, but it is available!

PeterKelly

Agent
Real Name
Peter Kelly
Here is some final information on Academy Award Nominee THE BETRAYAL being released on September 1.
(Pre-order at Amazon or add to your Netflix queue)

We have packed this disc with lots of bonus materials:

Audio Commentary by Director Ellen Kuras and Executive Producer Cara Mertes
Q&A Interview with Director Ellen Kuras & co-Director Thavisouk Phrasavath
Conversation with Director Ellen Kuras and Composer Howard Shore
Archival Footage and Selected Newsreels
Additional Montage Footage of Laos
Excerpts of Thavisouk’s First Interview (1986)
Omitted Scene
Filmmakers Biographies
Thavisouk Returns To Laos
Theatrical Trailer
Photo Gallery
Essay by D.A. Pennebaker and Chris Hegedus

Here is a bit of background on the director Ellen Kuras:

Ellen Kuras, is a renowned cinematographer for such directors as Martin Scorsese, Spike Lee, Michel Gondry, Sam Mendes and Spike Jonze. An unprecedented three-time winner of the Sundance Film Festival’s Cinematography Award.

Karl R

Stunt Coordinator
Originally Posted by PeterKelly

PRIVILEGE is already being shipped back out to stores, all the discs will be exactly the same as well (same stock). Amazon for some reason has yet to put the title back in stock, but it is available!
Thanks, Peter. I did a quick "DVD price search" and ordered a copy from DVD Empire (It's nice to support the "little guys" when you can.)

Edited by Karl R - 7/22/2009 at 11:03 pm GMT

PeterKelly

Agent
Real Name
Peter Kelly
DVDBeaver has reviewed THE STATE I AM IN

http://www.dvdbeaver.com/film2/DVDReviews46/state_I_am_in.htm

calling it "a masterpiece - it's a must-see film which I strongly encourage you to view
"

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks