What's new

XBOX HD-DVD RECIEVED THROUGH SWAPADVD.COM WON'T PLAY ON MY SAMSUNG (1 Viewer)

Any help or info greatly appreciated. As a member of 'swapadvd.com' I recently recieved an HD-DVD of THe Last Samurai (Tom Cruise) popped it into my Samsung HD player and nothing.....Then popped it into my laptop and clicked play HD-DVD and still nothing. The guy that sent it said he had just viewed it on his XBOX and it was fine. I'm thinking they are not compatable...What say ye?

Stephen Tu

Screenwriter
Depends which "Samsung HD" player you are talking about. Samsung only ever made one dual format player, the BD-UP5000. Any other model you should not be expecting to be able to play the disc.

HD-DVD is not the same as "blu-ray", only a few dual format players were ever made, the Samsung mentioned and a couple LG models. Only a few combo drives for computers, also.

HD-DVD is also not the same as "HD upconverting", tons of regular DVD players somewhat misleadingly plaster "HD" somewhere in their model name & on the box, but they only play regular DVDs. Only players with the

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks