Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests to win things like this Logitech Harmony Ultimate Remote and you won't get the popup ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Need help with Lpcm

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 of 3 Beefmaster

Beefmaster

Auditioning

• 6 posts

Posted July 21 2009 - 03:55 AM

Hi,
This may sound like a stupid question, but I recently bought my first surround amp capable of playing HD soundtracks [a Denon AVC-A1HDA] .
My amp has no probs showing which soundtrack is playing on the display, DDTrue HD,DTS-MA etc but if I play a Lpcm track, it doesn't say Lpcm, instead it says multi channel.
Being my first HD amp I dont know if this is the correct description of the track showing on the display, can anyone with the correct info tell me if this is correct?
thanks for any help

#2 of 3 Stephen Tu

Stephen Tu

Screenwriter

• 1,573 posts

Posted July 21 2009 - 04:30 AM

Normal.  You'll also get "multi-channel" for all the other codecs if you set your player to decode rather than bitstream.

#3 of 3 Beefmaster

Beefmaster

Auditioning

• 6 posts

Posted July 21 2009 - 05:10 AM

thanks for the advice, I found a similar problem with setting up my Denon 3800BD Blu-Ray player- set it for BD Audio out to "multi" for the blu-ray sound set-up and all codecs say 'multi-channel', but set the BD Audio out to HD Audio, and all codecs go to there normal names-DDtrueHD, DTS-MA, etc except for Lpcm which still says "multi-channel", but from what you said, thats normal anyway.
thanks again.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users