Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Smallville Season 9

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
133 replies to this topic

#1 of 134 OFFLINE   mattCR

mattCR

Executive Producer

• 10,047 posts
  • LocationOverland Park, KS

Posted July 19 2009 - 03:24 PM

While we are a bit away, something came up today that just deserves to kick off the thread.

As most here know, this week flags ComiCon.. and Smallville will have an interesting kickoff according to multiple sources (EW/TVG/etc) one of the original things that they've avoided from the superman mythos becomes a part of the show early apparently and plays out often.  And early citing will happen at Comicon..

According to EW, the one thing we get to see is the display of Tom Welling with the big "S" at shield... along with the outfit to boot.  :)

trakt.tv

Ask Me about HTPC! (Threads in HTPC / PMs always responded to)

This signature is povided by MediaBrowser 3 Trakt Plugin: Media Browser 3

#2 of 134 OFFLINE   Greg_S_H

Greg_S_H

Executive Producer

• 14,893 posts
  • LocationNorth Texas

Posted July 19 2009 - 04:38 PM

I already started one (though I guess a mod renamed it as Casting News).

http://www.hometheaterforum.com/forum/thread/289271/smallville-season-9-casting-news

#3 of 134 OFFLINE   mattCR

mattCR

Executive Producer

• 10,047 posts
  • LocationOverland Park, KS

Posted July 19 2009 - 05:31 PM

I'm sorry!  One of the functions I miss from the old forum is that when you'd start a thread it'd warn you if something similar was out there.  I used the search function, and after going back 3 pages (I searched just where Smallville appeared in the title) I didn't see your thread.. and by page 3 it was showing me like 2003 threads.. :(  So, my apologies.  If we can combine these, that's fine.

trakt.tv

Ask Me about HTPC! (Threads in HTPC / PMs always responded to)

This signature is povided by MediaBrowser 3 Trakt Plugin: Media Browser 3

#4 of 134 OFFLINE   Greg_S_H

Greg_S_H

Executive Producer

• 14,893 posts
  • LocationNorth Texas

Posted July 20 2009 - 08:51 AM

It doesn't matter.  Yeah, the new search isn't that great.  Plus, since someone renamed my thread, the title didn't make it look that interesting anyway.

To repeat what I had over there, Brian Austin Green will be guesting in the new season as

Metallo.

#5 of 134 OFFLINE   Greg_S_H

Greg_S_H

Executive Producer

• 14,893 posts
  • LocationNorth Texas

Posted July 26 2009 - 07:38 AM

There's a lot of Smallville news here:

http://www.newsarama.com/tv/090725-sdcc09-smallville.html

I'm not reading most of it, but they are now shooting for a tenth season.  Also, it's funny that Callum Blue is having a big role.

Zod.
Before watching Dead Like Me, I wouldn't have known who that was.

I didn't catch Loeb's involvement.  Maybe he's just moderating the panel?  I hope he isn't coming back.  He already ruined Heroes.

Oh, yeah.  And, Geoff Johns is writing another episode.

The Justice Society of America.

#6 of 134 OFFLINE   Greg_S_H

Greg_S_H

Executive Producer

• 14,893 posts
  • LocationNorth Texas

Posted August 19 2009 - 07:29 AM

Y'all ready for this?  Picture of the BAG man all made up:

#7 of 134 OFFLINE   Adam Lenhardt

Adam Lenhardt

Executive Producer

• 14,370 posts
  • LocationAlbany, NY

Posted August 19 2009 - 01:24 PM

Thanks, Greg. That's pretty bad-ass looking. Usually stuff on Smallville looks like a cheap knock-off version of whatever was in the comics, but that looks close to feature-y quality.

#8 of 134 OFFLINE   todd s

todd s

Lead Actor

• 6,933 posts

Posted August 20 2009 - 04:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg_S_H ">

Y'all ready for this?  Picture of the BAG man all made up:

If you look at his left arm....Theirs more than what you see.
Bring back John Doe! Or at least resolve the cliff-hanger with a 2hr movie or as an extra on a dvd release.

#9 of 134 OFFLINE   Greg_S_H

Greg_S_H

Executive Producer

• 14,893 posts
  • LocationNorth Texas

Posted August 21 2009 - 08:55 AM

Anyone think a certain recent movie might have been in mind when they came up with that?

Iron Man.  The center Kryptonite device looks almost identical to Tony's reactor thing.

#10 of 134 OFFLINE   Patrick Sun

Patrick Sun

Studio Mogul

• 37,884 posts

Posted August 21 2009 - 01:55 PM

Obviously, spoilers in casting

"Jee-sus, it's like Iwo Jima out there" - Roger Sterling on "Mad Men"
Patcave | 2006 Films | 2007 Films | Flickr | Comic-Con 2012 | Dragon*Con 2012

#11 of 134 OFFLINE   Jason_V

Jason_V

Producer

• 4,841 posts
  • LocationBothell, WA

Posted September 25 2009 - 01:24 AM

Just a reminder, Smallville's season premiere is tonight at 8. 

#12 of 134 OFFLINE   Patrick Sun

Patrick Sun

Studio Mogul

• 37,884 posts

Posted September 25 2009 - 04:33 AM

It felt weird not having Smallville on on Thursday night, but if they can still pull in 3+ million viewers throughout the season with the move to Friday nights, the CW might give them a 10th season.

#13 of 134 OFFLINE   pitchman

pitchman

Screenwriter

• 1,843 posts
  • LocationColumbia, MO

Posted September 25 2009 - 04:48 AM

I just read recently that the producers and cast are committed to a tenth season, Patrick, so who knows...

Like a lemming, I'll check it out tonight and get sucked in again only to have my hopes shattered by the mid-season break. 

Gary

#14 of 134 OFFLINE   Patrick Sun

Patrick Sun

Studio Mogul

• 37,884 posts

Posted September 26 2009 - 05:39 AM

The season premiere felt oddly oppressive and depressive, perhaps too dark in tone. 

Now, can't complain about the gratuitous Lois in skimpy tops scenes (and the Oliver shirt-less scenes took care of a couple of demographics).  The brunette with the oversized blue contacts was weird looking, even with the whole time travel issue to keep her on the show throughout the season.  The introduction to Zod (and his reclamation of authority) was sort of clumsy.  Tess looking all beat-up, I could do less with.  Chloe's plea to change the course of time for selfish gain rang hollow, not crazy about how she's been written of late.

#15 of 134 OFFLINE   Jason_V

Jason_V

Producer

• 4,841 posts
  • LocationBothell, WA

Posted September 26 2009 - 08:09 AM

I guess I shouldn't be terribly surprised by season 9, but the entire plot seemed to move entirely too fast.  What other shows might take 2-3 weeks to set up and put in motion was all thrown into this episode.  Lois in the future, Oliver and the JL completely off the grid, Clark doing his super-stuff, Chloe coming to terms with her new world, Zod and Tess...  They say Lois has been gone three weeks, yet the date on the newspaper read September 25, 2009 (nice little in-joke, I thought).  The season finale last year took place in September?  Really?

If I knew every episode this season was going to focus on one of our main stories, maybe this episode wouldn't leave a bitter taste in my mouth.  But I think we all know there's going to be filler episodes which have nothing to do with anything.  That time could have been better spent setting up the season arcs.

#16 of 134 OFFLINE   Greg_S_H

Greg_S_H

Executive Producer

• 14,893 posts
  • LocationNorth Texas

Posted September 26 2009 - 02:54 PM

I was a little distracted throughout, but it seemed a little all over the place.  But, I'm not that hard to please and am glad Smallville is back.  And, there was good ol' Mason.

#17 of 134 OFFLINE   Adam Lenhardt

Adam Lenhardt

Executive Producer

• 14,370 posts
  • LocationAlbany, NY

Posted October 01 2009 - 04:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick Sun 

The season premiere felt oddly oppressive and depressive, perhaps too dark in tone.
It definitely felt like the Biff-with-Sports-book 1985 in Back to the Future, Part II. The thing I liked was that, even with everything gone to crap, everybody's lives shattered, and Zod's footsoldiers infiltrating, you still have Superman (albeit, a black, gothic and distant Superman) saving the day.

#18 of 134 OFFLINE   pitchman

pitchman

Screenwriter

• 1,843 posts
  • LocationColumbia, MO

Posted October 02 2009 - 02:37 AM

This show has so little substance these days, it's a huge chore just to sit through an episode. Why not retool it and call it "Legion", make it officially an ensemble drama, and be done with it? It certainly would help make for more interesting story lines...
Gary

#19 of 134 OFFLINE   Greg_S_H

Greg_S_H

Executive Producer

• 14,893 posts
  • LocationNorth Texas

Posted October 02 2009 - 11:00 PM

I enjoyed tonight's a lot. It was cute when Lois rushed Clark.  The rooftop thing called back to Superman listening from the lower atmosphere in SR.  I still don't know how they can make Clark be Superman and fool Lois et al, but the show is finally starting to morph into Metropolis.  It's cool he's an actual hero now and it's cool he wants to learn to fly.  

#20 of 134 OFFLINE   pitchman

pitchman

Screenwriter

• 1,843 posts
  • LocationColumbia, MO

Posted October 03 2009 - 12:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg_S_H View Post

It's cool he's an actual hero now and it's cool he wants to learn to fly.  
And that's another thing that drives me crazy! It's not like he doesn't already know he's indestructible. Just jump out a window already. If you hit the ground, so what. Keep doing it until you don't. Jor-El confirmed to Clark that his physiology is just like Kara's and all the other umpteen Kryptonians who have made their way through Smallville, all of whom can fly. I mean really...
Gary