Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Dave Matthews Band - Big Whiskey and The Gru Grux King

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
1 reply to this topic

#1 of 2 OFFLINE   ChristopherG

ChristopherG

Screenwriter

• 1,522 posts

Posted July 19 2009 - 12:44 AM

Highly recommended - in fact, this may be one of DMB's finest studio releases.  Part tribute to the passing of his friend and saxophonist LeRoi Moore, this album also happens to rock! Got to love the cover art as well, which happens to be done by Matthews himself:

crap...that's "Groo"....

It takes 52 pounds of pressure to rupture an eyeball... :blink:

#2 of 2 OFFLINE   Ron Reda

Ron Reda

Screenwriter

• 2,281 posts

Posted July 21 2009 - 03:29 PM

You're preaching to the choir, Bro...been a HUGE DMB fan since my 1st show in '96.  I have TONS of live stuff from them...more than I could listen to.  This CD has been a welcome return to the DMB of old...it just sucks that it had to come as a result of such a horrible tragedy.  Regardless, it seems to have rejuvenated the band and for that I am grateful! :D

"Music is a magic carpet loaded with oils and other soothing potions, it's just what you need when you don't know what you need, when you've got more questions than answers." - Bob Lefsetz