-

Photo
- - - - -

TCFHE Press Release: Home Alone 2: Lost in New York (Blu-ray)

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
4 replies to this topic

#1 of 5 OFFLINE   Ronald Epstein

Ronald Epstein

Studio Mogul

• 39,947 posts

Posted July 17 2009 - 04:34 AM

Posted Image

HE’S UP PAST HIS BEDTIME IN THE CITY THAT NEVER SLEEPS

HOME ALONE 2: LOST IN NEW YORK

BLU-RAY DISC

The Hysterical Holiday Heist Debuts On Dazzling Blu-ray Disc October 6 
From Twentieth Century Fox Home Entertainment

LOS ANGELES, CA – Kevin McCallister is back and this time he’s got enough cash and credit cards to turn the Big Apple into his very own playground as Home Alone 2: Lost In New York wanders onto Blu-ray Disc October 6 from Twentieth Century Fox Home Entertainment.  In this sequel to the hilarious hit film Home Alone, Kevin (Golden Globe® nominee* Macaulay Culkin; My GirlRichie Rich) and his family are heading to Miami for the holidays, only this time he accidentally ends up on an airplane bound for New York City.  After making new friends, Kevin quickly learns that the city isn’t as big as he first thought, running into his old nemesis “The Wet Bandits” who have escaped from jail to plan a major heist and exact revenge on the precocious prankster.  Up for the challenge and armed with a new bag of tricks, Kevin uses his smarts and ingenuity to once again foil the hapless criminals.  Featuring comedic supporting performances from Oscar® winner** Joe Pesci (GoodfellasRaging Bull), Daniel Stern (City SlickersRookie of the Year), Catherine O’Hara (BeetlejuiceBest In Show), Tim Curry (The Rocky Horror Picture Show), Rob Schneider (“Saturday Night Live,” The Hot Chick) and Academy Award® winner*** Brenda Fricker (My Left Foot, The Field).  The Home Alone 2: Lost In New YorkBlu-ray Disc will be available for the suggested retail price of $34.99 U.S. / $37.99 Canada.  Prebook is September 9.

HOME ALONE 2: LOST IN NEW YORK:

Kevin McCallister (Macaulay Culkin) is back! But this time he’s in New York City with enough cash and credit cards to turn the Big Apple into his own playground!  But Kevin won’t be alone for long.  The notorious Wet Bandits, Harry and Marv (Joe Pesci and Daniel Stern), still smarting from their last encounter with Kevin, are bound for New York too, plotting a huge holiday heist.  Kevin’s ready to welcome them with a battery of booby traps the bumbling bandits will never forget!

Blu-ray Disc Specs:

The Home Alone 2: Lost In New York Blu-ray Disc will be presented in widescreen format with English 5.1 DTS HD Master Audio, English Dolby Surround, Spanish Stereo and French Dolby Surround with  English, French and Spanish subtitles.

HOME ALONE 2: LOST IN NEW YORK BLU-RAY DISC

Street Date:                              October 6, 2009

Order Date:                              September 9, 2009

BD Price:                                 $34.99 U.S. / $37.99 Canada

Catalog Number:                      2261782

Total Running Time:                  120 minutes

MPAA Rating:                          PG

Closed Captioned:                    Yes

*1991: Best Performance by an Actor in a Motion Picture - Comedy/Musical, Home Alone

** 1991: Best Actor in a Supporting Role, Goodfellas

***1990: Best Actress in a Supporting Role, My Left Foot: The Story of Christy Brown

Ronald J Epstein
Home Theater Forum co-owner

gallery_269895_23_10043.jpg Click Here for the latest/hottest Blu-ray Preorders gallery_269895_23_1316.jpg Click Here for our complete Blu-ray review archive

gallery_269895_23_773.jpg Click Here for our complete 3D Blu-ray review archive gallery_269895_23_992.jpgClick Here for our complete DVD review archive

gallery_269895_23_7246.jpg Click Here for Blu-Ray Preorder Release Schedule gallery_269895_23_3120.jpg Click Here for forum posting rules and regulations

#2 of 5 OFFLINE   Paul Hillenbrand

Paul Hillenbrand

Screenwriter

• 1,263 posts

Posted October 04 2009 - 06:37 AM

The Digital Bits doesn't have a listing for any pre-order date for "Home Alone 2: Lost In New York"  and Amazon.com still has the statement: "This title has not yet been released", where the release date usually goes for ordering./img/vbsmilies/htf/confused.gif

Yet, High-Def Digest, Blu-ray.com, DVD Empire and DVD Planet have the release date as October 6. /img/vbsmilies/htf/crazy.gif

Wonder what will actually develop in two days time?/img/vbsmilies/htf/rolleyes.gif

Paul

Avatar: "The Annunciation to the Shepherds" Painting by Nicolas Berchem (1680-1683)
BD 3D, BD, HD DVD, DVD collection

#3 of 5 OFFLINE   Dave Mack

Dave Mack

Producer

• 4,665 posts

Posted October 05 2009 - 05:28 PM

BestBuy.com has it listed as having an estimated arrival time of 10/6/2009

#4 of 5 OFFLINE   Dave Mack

Dave Mack

Producer

• 4,665 posts

Posted October 06 2009 - 01:00 AM

Best buy now has it in stock and available for in store pickup. Weird how amazon still has it as a pre-order...

#5 of 5 OFFLINE   Paul Hillenbrand

Paul Hillenbrand

Screenwriter

• 1,263 posts

Posted October 06 2009 - 02:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Mack 

Best buy now has it in stock and available for in store pickup. Weird how amazon still has it as a pre-order...

Thanks for the heads-up Dave. 

It's listed $2.00 more than the price at Amazon but it's available @ Best Buy-online and it said it was available at my local store, so I canceled my Amazon preorder. 
They really need to get their release dates coordinated with the studios if they want the business.  I'm not going to wait and I also have a $25.00 Best Buy gift card I received for a birthday present that now will  come in handy.

Paul

Avatar: "The Annunciation to the Shepherds" Painting by Nicolas Berchem (1680-1683)
BD 3D, BD, HD DVD, DVD collection