Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Help picking a projector screen

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
No replies to this topic

#1 of 1 OFFLINE   richiewrt

richiewrt

Auditioning

• 8 posts

Posted July 16 2009 - 07:54 PM

Ok, I am working on designing my  HT and I am trying to pick a screen. Originally I was leaning towards the Elite cinetension 2, but now I am thinking I may want a screen with masking, but not 4:3 to 16:9. I would like a screen that goes between 16:9 and  2.35:1 because I watch a lot of movies and also a lot of HDtv. Oh, and electric w/ tab tensioning. I plan on mating the screen with the panny 3000u. Anyone have any thoughts and suggestions. I would like to keep this as cheap as I can, but I do know that it will cost more than the cinetension. More questions though. Do they even make such a screen?(every one I have seen only does 16:9 to 4:3). Is it really worth the difference in price for the multimasking just to eleminate the black bars that are projected? Are there any downfalls to a multimasking system? Thanks for your thoughts. OH, and how many years service can I expect out of a screen? That will help me determine if it will be worth the extra cost.