Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Polk Audio RM75 or Energy Take Classic 5.1

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 of 3 OFFLINE   arell12

arell12

Auditioning

• 3 posts

Posted July 14 2009 - 12:47 PM

I recently bought a Onkyo TX-SR606 and I am looking to match some speakers up with it. I am trying to decide between The polk Audio RM75FS (package put tolgether for Future shop that includes a SUB) or the Energy Take Classic 5.1 system.

Polk
www.futureshop.ca/catalog/proddetail.asp

or

Energy Take Classic
www.futureshop.ca/catalog/proddetail.asp

Any help would be great. The Polks are $50 more than the Energy speakers.

#2 of 3 OFFLINE   Hayes Preston

Hayes Preston

Stunt Coordinator

• 183 posts

Posted July 16 2009 - 04:37 AM

As much as I love Polk audio products, I have had several systems with Polk speakers.

The RM 75's speakers never really impressed me.  I preferred their previous model sub/sat systems like the 6700.

www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0002WTK4S/

I have only listened to the Energy Take 5 series in Stores, but it is an impressive system.

Between the RM 75 and the Take 5, I would go with the Take 5, however I liked the Polk 6700 system a little better.  YMMV

#3 of 3 OFFLINE   arell12

arell12

Auditioning

• 3 posts

Posted July 20 2009 - 06:02 AM

Thanks for the reply.

I decided to go with the Polk's simply for the fact that the deal worked out better. Just got them mounted on the walls and so far I am pretty happy with the sound. Its a big step up from the TV speakers.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users