What's new

HTF DVD REVIEW: Leverage: The Complete First Season (1 Viewer)

Scott McAllister

Stunt Coordinator
My apologies in advance for the bizarre formatting on this review. I'm still trying to work out the kinks in my process with the new forums.

DavidJ

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David
Thanks for the review. This is a show that we really enjoyed---it is a great light and fun summer show. Sounds like they did a nice job on the DVD release and I'll be picking it up.

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
This show was one of the happy surprises of the past television season, and I greatly enjoyed most of the episodes. The audience numbers fell away a little bit toward the end of the season when the Nathan/alcoholism subplot began to dominate and the episodes became darker and less fun. I understand the tone will be a bit lighter this season and that other tweaks have been implemented for season two.

Looking forward to the season premiere tonight.

Thanks for the review.

Scott McAllister

Stunt Coordinator
I think I agree with you in some ways about the focus on his alcoholism in the last third of the season, but I also think it was critical to the overall story arc of the first season, particularly in the season finale.

I have to remind myself that, as was mentioned many times in the commentaries, the producers didn't know whether they would be picked up for a 2nd season. With that in mind, they crafted a self-encompassing season that could stand on its own in case it wasn't renewed.

Thanks for the feedback!

Mark Talmadge

Senior HTF Member
I have to agree with the reviewer about this series being one of the best shows to come out of last summer's run.

While I didn't get in on the show during its original broadcast, a friend of mine had taped the series and it had become one of my favourite shows. I especially liked the touch that they added to Nate's character that he wasn't perfect. Here we have an alcoholic who finds any excuse to have a drink and who leads his team into all kinds of cases.

I have to say that Leverage was one of the best surprises of last summer and I'm glad that we're getting 15 episodes for the second season. I wasn't impressed with the ad campaign, but after sitting down and watching the first season straight through, I became hooked. I'm definitely planning on picking up the DVD set sometime before the end of this week.

I highly recommend this series to anyone who enjoys action. It's sort of a mix between the A-Team and Dukes of Hazzard. Here you have all the action of A-Team with all of the snubbing at the establishment as the Duke boys seem to have.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks