Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo

Problems with Deep Discount

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
29 replies to this topic

#21 of 30 ONLINE   ManW_TheUncool

ManW_TheUncool

Producer

• 5,872 posts

Posted December 09 2010 - 03:37 PM

Yeah, I agree that their site (and support) seems pretty awful, especially in the past year or two, and I certainly would not bother using them for regular shopping -- I generally only shop there for great deals where I don't mind waiting a month-plus for order fulfillment and won't feel as bad if things don't work out.

Of course, the recent holiday sales (at least for BDs) might also have gotten many of us more jaded about pricing too -- and their BD pricing is usually worse than Amazon anyway (due in part to all the pricematching that Amazon does)...

_Man_

Just another amateur learning to paint w/ "the light of the world".

"Whatever is true, whatever is honorable, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is of good repute, if there is any excellence and if anything worthy of praise, dwell on these things..." (St. Paul)

#22 of 30 OFFLINE   Keith I

Keith I

Screenwriter

• 1,000 posts
  • LocationFive-Oh!

Posted January 19 2011 - 04:50 AM

I have the exact problems like Paul Young.  I used DD for many years with no problems but lately, with the site changes, many things go wrong.

What's worse is that customer service says they'll do something (i.e., cancel an order) since I can't seem to do it in My Account settings, and it doesn't happen (i.e., the order ships a month later)!  At least I'll be able to "RETURN TO SENDER" on the package but these simple customer service issues have just gone downhill fast.

I have asked them to delete my account and I'm not sure they'll do that.

#23 of 30 OFFLINE   Mike Frezon

Mike Frezon

Studio Mogul

• 30,160 posts
  • LocationRensselaer, NY

Posted April 18 2011 - 07:25 AM

Maybe I should have my head examined...but I just placed a small single title order with DD.

They have some LionsGate titles on sale...including the 3-disc blu of Apocalypse Now for $28.41.

I bit.

It took me several hours to actually place the order!  Posted Image  Various pages along the way kept timing out and logging off.

I figure either I won't get anything (although I finally got through to the "Order Placed" page)...or I'll get a couple dozen copies!

There's Jessie the yodeling cowgirl. Bullseye, he's Woody's horse. Pete the old prospector. And, Woody, the man himself.Of course, it's time for Woody's RoundUp. He's the very best! He's the rootinest, tootinest cowboy in the wild, wild west!

HTF Rules | HTF Mission Statement | Father of the Bride

Dieting with my Dog & Heart to Heart/Hand in Paw by Peggy Frezon

#24 of 30 ONLINE   ManW_TheUncool

ManW_TheUncool

Producer

• 5,872 posts

Posted April 18 2011 - 07:50 AM

Mike,

If it makes you feel any better, I haven't had any real problems w/ 3 small orders (of 1 or 2 titles each) I placed since my last comment in this thread (after the holiday shopping season).  The site itself still seems pretty poor (as before), but those more recent orders arrived w/in reasonable time and w/out issues.  Of course, there also haven't been any major DD sales like the BOGO ones back before the holiday shopping season -- and I believe that was a major problem for DD due in part to how they were handling BOGO fulfillment...

_Man_

Just another amateur learning to paint w/ "the light of the world".

"Whatever is true, whatever is honorable, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is of good repute, if there is any excellence and if anything worthy of praise, dwell on these things..." (St. Paul)

#25 of 30 OFFLINE   Mike Frezon

Mike Frezon

Studio Mogul

• 30,160 posts
  • LocationRensselaer, NY

Posted April 26 2011 - 08:36 AM

I'm here to say that I placed my order with DDD on 4-18.

I got an e-mail from them on 4-19 saying that my order had been shipped and to expect delivery on 4-28 thru 5-3-11.

In today's mail (4-26-11) was my copy of the 3-disc Apocalypse Now blu-ray ($28.41).

Hard to complain about that transaction...except for the extreme difficulty in placing the order on their website.

There's Jessie the yodeling cowgirl. Bullseye, he's Woody's horse. Pete the old prospector. And, Woody, the man himself.Of course, it's time for Woody's RoundUp. He's the very best! He's the rootinest, tootinest cowboy in the wild, wild west!

#26 of 30 OFFLINE   Keith I

Keith I

Screenwriter

• 1,000 posts
  • LocationFive-Oh!

Posted August 05 2012 - 10:23 AM

Years ago I said I would forget DD, but I don't know why I keep going back. Almost two months ago, I ordered a Made-on-Demand TV show that was supposed to have three discs. Only today did I realize that I was only shipped two discs. I happened to look up its episode information online and discovered the error. DD is probably going to ask me to ship the whole thing back, but I'd prefer they ship me the third disc and another swinging disc tray since they shipped me only a two-disc case. And if I do have to ship it back, they should reimburse me my shipping since it is their error. I wish they would reimburse me for the envelope that I'll have to buy to ship it back, too. But they'd BETTER honor this request in the first place. And what's funny is that when I try to visit their site now to look up the title information, I get an "internal server error" message. But this is a caution for all who wish to buy TV shows on MoD: Make sure you know exactly how many discs you're supposed to get. Hopefully the website shows the number of discs, but I don't think DD gives that information. Their site is so hap-haphazardly put together when it comes to specs.

#27 of 30 OFFLINE   Mike Frezon

Mike Frezon

Studio Mogul

• 30,160 posts
  • LocationRensselaer, NY

Posted August 05 2012 - 04:05 PM

Hey Keith!

Glad to see you are still kickin'!  Posted Image

Let us know how things work out with DD.  Their customer service isn't bad.  I think they've had lots of practice fixing mistakes!  Posted Image

#28 of 30 OFFLINE   Keith I

Keith I

Screenwriter

• 1,000 posts
  • LocationFive-Oh!

Posted August 06 2012 - 08:09 PM

Hey Mike! I'm still around and lurking, but not a frequent visitor/poster. Life is just so busy that I couldn't stop and smell the roses. But I did read about your health issue and am glad everything is okay! (Is it?) DD replied like I thought they would: They want me to ship it back. They sent me a postage-paid label (veeeeery slow Media Mail from Hawaii to Illinois; about 3 weeks) and then when they receive it, it'll take another 5-10 business days (i.e., Media Mail again) to ship me a replacement. I know it's part of the business, but I don't like having to pay for a new package to send back something that's their fault. Not too big of a deal. Take care!

#29 of 30 OFFLINE   moviepas

moviepas

Second Unit

• 440 posts

Posted August 06 2012 - 08:31 PM

DD replied like I thought they would: They want me to ship it back. They sent me a postage-paid label (veeeeery slow Media Mail from Hawaii to Illinois; about 3 weeks) and then when they receive it, it'll take another 5-10 business days (i.e., Media Mail again) to ship me a replacement. I know it's part of the business, but I don't like having to pay for a new package to send back something that's their fault. Not too big of a deal.

Yes,they always ask for items t be shipped back. You were lucky to get the envelope but then you are in USA. Having said that you are beyond 30-days receipt of the item and that usually means they will not refund the return shipping but they will reship the replacement free of extra shipping. This does not seem to happen at Amazon.

DD do not take into account that it could take more than 30 days to get to an outside Continental USA destination like me in Australia and then if one is a big buyer it might be months before one looks at the items received. Many on this site and others often reflect that new stuff, particularly a new version, goes on the shelf and might stay for a long time before it is opened and viewed. DD does not respond to this kind of information as a rule. If a disc is faulty like some MODs then they should automatically replace it without question if they wish to keep a good customer. It is easy for them to keep a customer profile on complaints for future decisions. Amazon appear to do. 

When I last had an order from them(they offered a 5% discount to order from them) the items came quicker than usual from them and I believe at least one item came from LA and not Illinois. There current owners are based in LA or somewhere in CA.

#30 of 30 OFFLINE   Mike Frezon

Mike Frezon

Studio Mogul

• 30,160 posts
  • LocationRensselaer, NY

Posted August 07 2012 - 04:50 AM

Originally Posted by Keith I 

But I did read about your health issue and am glad everything is okay! (Is it?)

It is!  Posted Image