What's new

Problems with Deep Discount (1 Viewer)

Keith I

FoS
Real Name
Keith
Years ago I said I would forget DD, but I don't know why I keep going back. Almost two months ago, I ordered a Made-on-Demand TV show that was supposed to have three discs. Only today did I realize that I was only shipped two discs. I happened to look up its episode information online and discovered the error.
DD is probably going to ask me to ship the whole thing back, but I'd prefer they ship me the third disc and another swinging disc tray since they shipped me only a two-disc case. And if I do have to ship it back, they should reimburse me my shipping since it is their error. I wish they would reimburse me for the envelope that I'll have to buy to ship it back, too. But they'd BETTER honor this request in the first place.
And what's funny is that when I try to visit their site now to look up the title information, I get an "internal server error" message.
But this is a caution for all who wish to buy TV shows on MoD: Make sure you know exactly how many discs you're supposed to get. Hopefully the website shows the number of discs, but I don't think DD gives that information. Their site is so hap-haphazardly put together when it comes to specs.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Hey Keith!

Glad to see you are still kickin'!

Let us know how things work out with DD. Their customer service isn't bad. I think they've had lots of practice fixing mistakes!

Keith I

FoS
Real Name
Keith
Hey Mike! I'm still around and lurking, but not a frequent visitor/poster. Life is just so busy that I couldn't stop and smell the roses. But I did read about your health issue and am glad everything is okay! (Is it?)
DD replied like I thought they would: They want me to ship it back. They sent me a postage-paid label (veeeeery slow Media Mail from Hawaii to Illinois; about 3 weeks) and then when they receive it, it'll take another 5-10 business days (i.e., Media Mail again) to ship me a replacement. I know it's part of the business, but I don't like having to pay for a new package to send back something that's their fault. Not too big of a deal.
Take care!

moviepas

Supporting Actor
[COLOR= rgb(24, 24, 24)]DD replied like I thought they would: They want me to ship it back. They sent me a postage-paid label (veeeeery slow Media Mail from Hawaii to Illinois; about 3 weeks) and then when they receive it, it'll take another 5-10 business days (i.e., Media Mail again) to ship me a replacement. I know it's part of the business, but I don't like having to pay for a new package to send back something that's their fault. Not too big of a deal.[/COLOR]

[COLOR= rgb(24, 24, 24)]Yes,they always ask for items t be shipped back. You were lucky to get the envelope but then you are in USA. Having said that you are beyond 30-days receipt of the item and that usually means they will not refund the return shipping but they will reship the replacement free of extra shipping. This does not seem to happen at Amazon.[/COLOR]

[COLOR= rgb(24, 24, 24)]DD do not take into account that it could take more than 30 days to get to an outside Continental USA destination like me in Australia and then if one is a big buyer it might be months before one looks at the items received. Many on this site and others often reflect that new stuff, particularly a new version, goes on the shelf and might stay for a long time before it is opened and viewed. DD does not respond to this kind of information as a rule. If a disc is faulty like some MODs then they should automatically replace it without question if they wish to keep a good customer. It is easy for them to keep a customer profile on complaints for future decisions. Amazon appear to do. [/COLOR]

[COLOR= rgb(24, 24, 24)]When I last had an order from them(they offered a 5% discount to order from them) the items came quicker than usual from them and I believe at least one item came from LA and not Illinois. There current owners are based in LA or somewhere in CA.[/COLOR]

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks